April 2016 Moms

Anyone *not* nesting yet?

Hey ladies, it's been a while since I was last on so hope you're all well getting so close to baby's arrival! I'm 37.5 weeks now and totally not nesting like I did with my first. Anyone else? With my first I was moving furniture, scrubbing floors, folding and unfolding laundry- all over the place! With this one, all I wanna do is sleep, lol. I just want this little man outta me! :)

Re: Anyone *not* nesting yet?

• lol That's how it's done! My husband's been pretty good about going to the store and stuff. I'm just void of energy. Still taking classes, too, so I'm pooped physically and mentally. I have an itch to get things done and then I get to looking at it and I'm just like "yeaaaaaah... I think I'll take a nap". :D
  • Loading the player...
  • 100% me!!! I'm 38+5 and it's not even that I'm tired, I just have 0 motivation right now... thankfully DH has a bit of the nesting bug... cleared out the garage so I can park in it, and has been a savior with doing dishes lately. Regardless of my motivation level, I REALLY need to clean house this weekend... My mom will be here in a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping a good clean this weekend will carry us until then...
  • I'll probably turn the spring clean into a family activity this weekend, have my first help with his room and some of the easier chores. Also, major props to the hubbies! They're so great. :)
  • I haven't been hit by the nesting bug yet either. I at least put the carseat in the car today. After that was done I decided napping was best.
  • fourtsixand2fourtsixand2 member
    edited April 2016
    I'm not.  Nursery has been done for a couple of months - I think I exhausted all my nesting tendencies early on :D
  • I have zero nesting urges at the moment.

I guess I nested a little bit a month ago, when we received a gigantic box of hand-me-down baby clothes, and I washed, folded, organized by size, and put them all away in the same day.

But now, I don't think I could do that again. Like others said, napping takes priority, and I'm just too exhausted to bother cleaning. :D

On top of that, we've run out of room in our little one-bedroom apartment (baby was a surprise.) There's just no place to put anything! I can't wait to have a nursery someday!

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm with @NOLA520 I'll sit forever thinking about all I should/could/want to do... But I can't seem to bring myself to act on it!
  • I didn't nest with Dd and I am not really nesting this time around either.  I wish I could have some kind of hint labor is soon, but I've got time...but 2 weeks tops.
  • AK118AK118 member
    Zero nesting. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would love to scrub my whole house, but I don't feel like I can handle it after work (feet and ankles hurt too bad). I'm hoping to knock out some of the urge this weekend, but we will see. Relaxing sounds pretty nice too. . .
  • I definitely got that with my first.... but we are moving a few weeks after baby comes and staying with my parents right now, so nesting would be pointless.s.. not like I can get things ready, make a nursery, etc. 
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • I had some pretty crazy nesting a while ago, but it all seems to have been spent. Now I'm finding it really hard to be motivated to do basic prep work. I'm totally not ready for a baby yet.
  • mrios26mrios26 member
    edited April 2016
    I had a quick spurt of energy last night and managed to scrub kitchen counter tops and clean the fridge, lol. Like some of you ladies, I think I must have nested earlier as well, hubby and I finished the nursery last month and like @dancingsphinx22 we also got tons of hand me downs (my first is 6 and I didn't keep much at all) and I wiped out sorting, washing, and folding in a day. Gonna try and convince hubby to get the bathrooms cleaned and I'll muster up some strength to at least sweep. Getting so close and I'm pooped. :P 
  • I used up my nesting instincts over spring break by working on the nursery.  I'm scheduled for a C section this Thursday so this weekend is all about cleaning, but it's forced, because I do not have that "must clean base boards" feeling people warned me about.  (It's more of a "must take nap" feeling.)
  • adifrog said:
    I used up my nesting instincts over spring break by working on the nursery.  I'm scheduled for a C section this Thursday so this weekend is all about cleaning, but it's forced, because I do not have that "must clean base boards" feeling people warned me about.  (It's more of a "must take nap" feeling.)
      I just cleaned the base boards in my bathroom for the first time, ever. (We've only been here a year)

*whispers*  I actually didn't know "base board cleaning" was a thing until I became pregnant. I feel like the biggest slob on the planet. :/

Pregnancy Ticker

• I was up with contractions last night so I did some middle of the night dishes and laundry. Idk if that counts as nesting or just the "crap! Someone will have to be here to feed the dogs and I don't want them to see my crusty cereal bowls!!" 

I wish I had the baseboard cleaning bug. They get so gross so fast....
  • adifrog said:
    I used up my nesting instincts over spring break by working on the nursery.  I'm scheduled for a C section this Thursday so this weekend is all about cleaning, but it's forced, because I do not have that "must clean base boards" feeling people warned me about.  (It's more of a "must take nap" feeling.)
      I just cleaned the base boards in my bathroom for the first time, ever. (We've only been here a year)

*whispers*  I actually didn't know "base board cleaning" was a thing until I became pregnant. I feel like the biggest slob on the planet. :/
    I live in an old house with really high baseboards and they are all painted bright white. They really need to be cleaned.......
  • No nesting here either. My parents are coming to stay with us for a month starting next week and I'm just going to delegate. They have offered their help (which is why they're staying with us) and I'm taking them up on it! Very excited to have my dad clean the air filters on our heating/A/C units and have my mom magic erase the marks on the walls from moving! :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • AK118AK118 member
    But, seriously, what is "nesting" - I do not have this instinct even a little tiny bit. I wish I had the urge at all, but apparently still working full-time trumps nesting for me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So after my little burst of energy the last time I posted in here, I had another sense of urgency to clean thinking it would be good to have stuff cleaned while my husband is home over the weekend and off the day of my 38 week appt... Thank goodness we did because the very next day I was admitted for c-section!
  • I just organized our pantry. Looked at my husband mid-organization and said "Oh shit. I think I'm nesting." ;-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 39 weeks and still no nesting...plenty of napping tho
  • I'm full blown nesting mode. My husband is too! I can't even leave one dirty dish in the sink. Swept and washed the floors twice today and reorganized all of the cabinets in the kitchen. My hubby did all the laundry. I think 90% of my scurrying has to do with having people taking care of my dogs while I'm in the hospital. Lol