April 2016 Moms

I'm past due and I'll cry if I want to!

Most importantly, we are all happy that our little bundles made it safely to term. But let's be honest, the end of pregnancy can be physically, mentally, and emotionally draining. So for anyone who is not thrilled to still be pregnant, especially with seeing all of these ridiculously cute babies making their appearances, this is a guilt free, flame free place to vent! Weather your due date is quickly approaching with no signs of progress or you have officially gone late - let's hear it! 

I for one am mentally ready! DD was here by now so I was not prepped to still be pregnant past my due date, come on stubborn little dude! Let's get this show on the road!
BabyFruit Ticker}

Re: I'm past due and I'll cry if I want to!

• On Friday the NP said I was 2-3 cm dilated and then yesterday my actual doctor went in and said NOPE only 1cm. I am SO READY to not be pregnant! I'm going on maternity leave officially after work tomorrow, and I can't believe I'm still pregnant. I can't believe I have two more days of work. UGH.

Three weeks of partial bedrest to keep him in, and now he is showing ZERO interest in coming out!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm only 36 wk 5 days but I've been battling a kidney infection and I'm just MISERABLE. I'm in pain, going to the bathroom is just awful, and even though I completed my antibiotics it's still hanging in there. My biggest fear is still having this going on when I go into labor. : ( 
  • Loading the player...
  • Let's see... My esophagus feels like it's on fire just about 70% of my day (but if we're being real, day actually means night- when I need to sleep lol). I drool like a St. Bernard in my sleep (WTF!). Teeth hurt. My pelvis feels like it's been making room for multiples. I'm past the "cute" part of pregnancy and into the Holy Mood Swings, Batman! part. Soooo ready to meet this little man already, and his big brother is about ready to squeeze him outta me so he can cuddle him.
  • Anyone who is overdue (or, hell, even close) has my sympathies. When I left the doctor at 39w5d and was told I wasn't close to birth, I cried the rest of the day.

• Today I cried on my drive in to work.  I am so done. I am sick of the false alarms and being on alert.  Not to mention I hurt.  DH finally convinced me to see his chiropractor to help with the discomfort.
  • I feel like I could still be pregnant for a long time! I am 39 weeks today. My husband informed me that he was born ten days late! That would suck! I want to get this shit over with although I'm still freaked out.
  • Been bouncing on a ball but I don't think it's helping much other that making me use the restroom...DH gave up on inducing activities. Counting down the days - one of the few good things of scheduled sections. 
  • I'm right there with ya'll. 39w 1d and I'm miserable. I delivered DD2 at 38w 5d... so I was unprepared to go this long. Dr. said I was 4 cm and 80% effaced this morning, but no contractions at all. She said I could easily go overdue :( Totally bummed
  • imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited April 2016
    I am 40+1. I had my 40 week appt today and my cervix has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING since it first dilated 1cm a month ago. They also scheduled me to be induced next Wednesday. I cried in the scheduling office. I was induced with DD1 and because of the induction process, I got an infection which passed to her which left her in the NICU for 10 days, during which Christmas happened to fall. I left the hospital without my baby and spent Christmas in the hospital. So now I'm just terrified of that happening all over again. On top of that, I'm pissed as hell that my body seems to have no problem getting pregnant but getting UNpregnant is a whole different story. I want to have a normal labor/birthing experience where my body spontaneously decides the time has come and I don't have to use medicine to get them out. I want the opportunity to labor at home, I want to be "surprised" by contractions. I feels like checking in for a cheap weekend vacation at a motel when you go to be induced. Anticipation has been replaced by urgency that this child comes out on her own. I just don't understand why my body can't figure out how to go into labor on its own. It isn't that I'm unsure of conception either, I was 100% positive and this baby has measured spot on since the beginning.  So now I just urgently start praying my body gets the memo and makes something happen. I think I will cry with joy if I actually go into labor myself, no matter how much it hurts.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I am 40+1. I had my 40 week appt today and my cervix has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING since it first dilated 1cm a month ago. They also scheduled me to be induced next Wednesday. I cried in the scheduling office. I was induced with DD1 and because of the induction process, I got an infection which passed to her which left her in the NICU for 10 days, during which Christmas happened to fall. I left the hospital without my baby and spent Christmas in the hospital. So now I'm just terrified of that happening all over again. On top of that, I'm pissed as hell that my body seems to have no problem getting pregnant but getting UNpregnant is a whole different story. I want to have a normal labor/birthing experience where my body spontaneously decides the time has come and I don't have to use medicine to get them out. I want the opportunity to labor at home, I want to be "surprised" by contractions. I feels like checking in for a cheap weekend vacation at a motel when you go to be induced. Anticipation has been replaced by urgency that this child comes out on her own. I just don't understand why my body can't figure out how to go into labor on its own. It isn't that I'm unsure of conception either, I was 100% positive and this baby has measured spot on since the beginning.  So now I just urgently start praying my body gets the memo and makes something happen. I think I will cry with joy if I actually go into labor myself, no matter how much it hurts.
    I am not overdue but just booked a scheduled c section for next week due to a very breech baby. Everything you said about the "normal experience" and missing the anticipation is exactly what I'm feeling right now. I hope you get the spontaneous labour you're hoping for!
    DD - 4.15.16
  • I was scheduled to have a c-section due to a breech, then he flipped. Now I'm 40 weeks and begging this kid to GTFO.
    Lovingly, of course. 
  • I am 40+1. I had my 40 week appt today and my cervix has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING since it first dilated 1cm a month ago. They also scheduled me to be induced next Wednesday. I cried in the scheduling office. I was induced with DD1 and because of the induction process, I got an infection which passed to her which left her in the NICU for 10 days, during which Christmas happened to fall. I left the hospital without my baby and spent Christmas in the hospital. So now I'm just terrified of that happening all over again. On top of that, I'm pissed as hell that my body seems to have no problem getting pregnant but getting UNpregnant is a whole different story. I want to have a normal labor/birthing experience where my body spontaneously decides the time has come and I don't have to use medicine to get them out. I want the opportunity to labor at home, I want to be "surprised" by contractions. I feels like checking in for a cheap weekend vacation at a motel when you go to be induced. Anticipation has been replaced by urgency that this child comes out on her own. I just don't understand why my body can't figure out how to go into labor on its own. It isn't that I'm unsure of conception either, I was 100% positive and this baby has measured spot on since the beginning.  So now I just urgently start praying my body gets the memo and makes something happen. I think I will cry with joy if I actually go into labor myself, no matter how much it hurts.
    @imrachellea I am so with you on all of this. I also had my 40 week appointment today (my due date). She asked if I wanted to do a membrane sweep and I said absolutely since I am so done with being pregnant. She went into check and I am not dilated at all so she couldn't even do it! I had tears in my eyes because I just couldn't believe it. I'm dissapointed in my body because I feel like it is not doing its job like it should. I was really looking forward to having this whole natural labour experience and now I am scheduled to be induced next Friday. It also doesn't help that my SIL just had the "perfect" labouring experience two weeks ago! Ugh I am so frustrated like hurry up baby and just get here already!! 
  • To top things off, DH does not want me to go through with the induction. He still has anger towards my midwife for scheduling it with DD1, and doesn't want the same thing to happen again. I'm not sure, in what world, he thinks I want to go through that again either, so it's not like I'm just saying okay to the induction because I'm over this. I'm struggling so hard with trying to make the right decision about what to do for our daughter. I don't want to put us both at risk for infection again, but I also don't want to risk going too far overdue to facing other issues like low fluid, failing placenta, and need for a c-section. I don't know what the right course of action is, and it isn't' helpful to have him to adamantly against another induction. He wants me to consider pushing off the induction, which I most definitely am, but I just don't want to get into the danger zone. I don't know what the right decision is. I keep trying to believe my body will know what to do and she'll come on her own before an induction is needed, but what if she doesn't? I hate that I'm even in the position to need to make this decision.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @imrachellea ugh I know how much you were hoping to avoid induction this time; I'm so sorry you're dealing with this mama! I know how you feel... I'm not overdue yet, but I went in this morning at 39 weeks 3 days and I am still 1 cm... I've been 1 cm for weeks. My doctor went ahead and scheduled my induction for 41 weeks, and I have mixed feelings. Nervous and disappointed about having to be induced, but also glad that there's at least an end in sight... I had to be induced with my first, too, so I'm not shocked, but it's so frustrating... especially when you see so many other people naturally/spontaneously going into labor BEFORE their due dates! Hang in there! <3
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • To top things off, DH does not want me to go through with the induction. He still has anger towards my midwife for scheduling it with DD1, and doesn't want the same thing to happen again. I'm not sure, in what world, he thinks I want to go through that again either, so it's not like I'm just saying okay to the induction because I'm over this. I'm struggling so hard with trying to make the right decision about what to do for our daughter. I don't want to put us both at risk for infection again, but I also don't want to risk going too far overdue to facing other issues like low fluid, failing placenta, and need for a c-section. I don't know what the right course of action is, and it isn't' helpful to have him to adamantly against another induction. He wants me to consider pushing off the induction, which I most definitely am, but I just don't want to get into the danger zone. I don't know what the right decision is. I keep trying to believe my body will know what to do and she'll come on her own before an induction is needed, but what if she doesn't? I hate that I'm even in the position to need to make this decision.
    Will you have another scheduled apt before your induction to see if there is any natural progression? Maybe that will help with a decision? Just remember as frustrating as it is to feel that your body doesn't want to go into labor, it's already really done its main job by carrying your little girl full term - that in and of itself is amazing! I know you are scared because of your previous experience and DH is too. I'm getting induced tonight after having a natural occurring birth with DD and am also nervous. Hang in there momma - you got this!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • We scheduled the section for a Monday. At first I was going to see if we could do it for a Friday (one day short of 39 wks) but then I thought that a Monday would be best to avoid being bombarded with visitors. LO is still welcome to come early!! He's sunny side up and my belly looks super deformed at times and back is killing me. YOU CAN COME OUT NOW BUDDY!!!
  • I still have 11 days. I have exactly three days of work left and I'm in complete tears. I've got a baby on my hips and I'm on my feet all day for eight hours. Got damn. We go back Thursday and I'm gonna beg, absolutely beg this doctor to schedule an induction for the 20th. And then I'm gonna beg Roo to come out early. I am one done Momma.
  • @imrachellea ugh I know how much you were hoping to avoid induction this time; I'm so sorry you're dealing with this mama! I know how you feel... I'm not overdue yet, but I went in this morning at 39 weeks 3 days and I am still 1 cm... I've been 1 cm for weeks. My doctor went ahead and scheduled my induction for 41 weeks, and I have mixed feelings. Nervous and disappointed about having to be induced, but also glad that there's at least an end in sight... I had to be induced with my first, too, so I'm not shocked, but it's so frustrating... especially when you see so many other people naturally/spontaneously going into labor BEFORE their due dates! Hang in there! <3
    This.  @imrachellea I am so sorry things aren't going how you wanted.  I am also convinced that my body does not know how to go into labor on its own.  It is something I really want to experience, and with this most likely being the last baby I have, I just feel very very disappointed.

The going past due is one of the hardest things especially when you feel done and you are tired and anxious for LO to get here.  I wish past due mommas were given a pass and the sympathy/awareness that infertility is given.  It's hard to watch babies being born that are due weeks after you.  It's even harder when you go past and you still feel good and know it not going to happen soon.  I feel the question of "how are you feeling/why are you still here/oh you are still here/you haven't had that baby yet?" Are about as sensitive as asking a woman struggling with infertility "don't you want children?"  
  • I am over it! My cousin was due 2 days after me and just posted the baby announcement 2 days ago.  I'm sitting on the couch looking at this, and all I can think is, SERIOUSLY?! Ahhhh!!!!  I feel like I must be making my body too comfortable or something.  I'll have my first ultrasound on Wednesday since the 18 week gender reveal to determine fluid levels and schedule an induction date after the 41 week mark.  I'm going hair pulling crazy here!  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well today is my due date, and there are no signs that little one wants to come out. I've enjoyed the last week off work relaxing and getting everything ready but now I am so ready! Come on baby!
  • kerinsara said:
    I am over it! My cousin was due 2 days after me and just posted the baby announcement 2 days ago.  I'm sitting on the couch looking at this, and all I can think is, SERIOUSLY?! Ahhhh!!!!  I feel like I must be making my body too comfortable or something.  I'll have my first ultrasound on Wednesday since the 18 week gender reveal to determine fluid levels and schedule an induction date after the 41 week mark.  I'm going hair pulling crazy here!  
    It sucks when you go past due and everyone who is close to you is going early or on time.  A fraternity brother of DH'S is due two days after us, and old ex who I am still close with is due two weeks after me but his wife went early with the first.  I swear I will go nuts if they both go earlier than me.  

• Today is baby's due date... and so we wait.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ^^ this will be me Monday.  Work won't let me work past my due date so I will be doing a lot of walking as long as the weather stays nice.
  • Well......41 weeks and I meet again....for the 3rd pregnancy, and I'm not enjoying it any more this time than the last 2. I'll be induced on Thursday(6 more days!) if baby doesn't show its little face before then. Come on babe!!!
    Married DH 2008
    DS-Born 2/2011
    DD-Born 5/2013
    DD- Born 4/2016
    Baby #4 Due November 2017! 

• I'm now five days over and just now finally getting some lower back pain with my contractions... but they're not rhythmic, they're not getting stronger, and I've resigned myself to delivering at my induction Monday :( I hate this. I just want to be DONE. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Induction scheduled for Tuesday. I was not expecting to go past my due date since my firstborn came early. Ugh.
  • I'm now five days over and just now finally getting some lower back pain with my contractions... but they're not rhythmic, they're not getting stronger, and I've resigned myself to delivering at my induction Monday :( I hate this. I just want to be DONE. 
    and you were even on bedrest to try to keep LO in (!)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • redselig said:
    I'm now five days over and just now finally getting some lower back pain with my contractions... but they're not rhythmic, they're not getting stronger, and I've resigned myself to delivering at my induction Monday :( I hate this. I just want to be DONE. 
    and you were even on bedrest to try to keep LO in (!)
    Looks like BR served its purpose. I'm still very pregnant too. 

Everytime I see another pregnant lady and we see each other there is always some look or smile...like we are part of a gang.
  • @Knottie2891384 I was also thinking of how effective your BR was! I feel like I didn't BR hard enough :tongue: 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mountainsmamamountainsmama member
    edited April 2016
    I am 41+1 today and had a NST this morning. Baby looked great and fluid levels are fine so it's just more waiting for me ... Come on baby I'm so ready to be done!
  • edited April 2016
    I'm barely overdue (40w 3 days) but I am so done as well. I just want to sleep for more than 45 minutes at a time. I want to be able to get out of bed and not feel like an arthritic walrus. And the heartburn can eff off already.

I honestly feel like baby girl hasn't dropped and isn't even engaged yet. I ask my midwife about it at every appointment, but all she says is "baby is head down and sort of low." But I swear I feel her head wiggling closer to my thigh joint than my cervix. :/

And also, I really don't want to be induced. It scares the heck out of me.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Fifth day overdue now. I have no sign he is coming soon but I also don't really want him to be born on 420.
  • 40+3, still preg. Wasn't even upset about it until yesterday when I saw the doctor and she scheduled an induction date of the 25th! It hit me that it could be another week almost until I have this baby. I was also pretty upset that she's still sitting up in my ribs like it's a freaking tree house and I am just 1 measly centimeter dilated.

I am not only over being pregnant, I'm over working. I am over waiting. I am over the 15 calls I get a day asking if I had the baby, where is the baby, what's happening with the baby. OMG the baby is still in there, otherwise you'd know!!! 

Also, pretty scared this baby is going to be a whopper of a kid. I was really hoping to keep her under 8 lbs but now that I am past due, I am expecting the worst. I feel bad being negative about her being late but I can't help it. I have ceased to be able to see the positive in this situation. I know, she will be healthier if she stays but really? I can't get behind that argument anymore. 

• mc123mc said:
    40+3, still preg. Wasn't even upset about it until yesterday when I saw the doctor and she scheduled an induction date of the 25th! It hit me that it could be another week almost until I have this baby. I was also pretty upset that she's still sitting up in my ribs like it's a freaking tree house and I am just 1 measly centimeter dilated.

I am not only over being pregnant, I'm over working. I am over waiting. I am over the 15 calls I get a day asking if I had the baby, where is the baby, what's happening with the baby. OMG the baby is still in there, otherwise you'd know!!! 

Also, pretty scared this baby is going to be a whopper of a kid. I was really hoping to keep her under 8 lbs but now that I am past due, I am expecting the worst. I feel bad being negative about her being late but I can't help it. I have ceased to be able to see the positive in this situation. I know, she will be healthier if she stays but really? I can't get behind that argument anymore. 
    40+1 here. I feel your pain. My next appointment is on the 25th and I'll be 40+6. My OB says we will discuss induction then. I just want this baby out of me. Yesterday I got 3 phone calls and multiple texts asking about the baby. Trust me, when I pop this baby out you will all know!!! We can do this!! Be strong mama. By this time next week we should have squishy babies to snuggle.