February 2016 Moms

Cradle cap eyebrow

My little guy has what looks like a bit of cradle cap on one of his eyebrows. It's a kind of scaly yellow rash. We'll take him in on Monday if it gets worse. For now I've put some breastmilk on the rash and will try soaking it with a warm washcloth and coconut oil next, in an attempt to get the scales off.

Anyone have experience with this? How'd you treat it? How long before it disappeared? 

Re: Cradle cap eyebrow

• I rub a little oil or lotion on it then gently "scrub" with a soft bristle toothbrush and then reapply lotion 
  • Our little guy has this too. Doctor has never said anything about it and I keep forgetting to mention. Some days it is more pronounced than others. Interested to follow this thread.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD has it on her forehead and I was told by pediatrician to put olive or coconut oil on it or Eucerin Baby or Acquaphor lotion.

• I just softly scrub my sons forehead with baby soap and towel. 
  • Yep we have a mild case on the scalp and eyebrows.
    Keepint it moisturized with ointments and softly scrubbing the scales off with a washcloth during bath 
  • We put hydrocortisone on my girl's brows in the morning and a little bit of aquaphor the rest of the day. It cleared up completely within a few days. Now I just maintain with aveeno eczema. Can't tell it was ever there. 
  • I would definitely try some of these suggestions and call the nurse line before you go in. It's not uncommon by any means. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My daughter has this too . I've done breastmilk which didn't make much of a difference. Aquafor (spelling?!?) has made a great improvement though . My pediatrician hasn't said anything about it and I always forget to ask 
  • Ds1 got a spot of it on his forehead when he was a little older, I want to say at least 4 months or so.  Pedi had me put selsum blue on it and wash off and it immediately cleared up.  Not sure if your lo's are too young but if the other methods don't help ask you pedi about using it.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Rub olive oil into it and leave on for an hour before bath and then gently wipe off with washcloth and apply a gentle lotion afterwards. Both my girls had this and was gone after a week or so.
  • Both of ours have had it.  We rub the areas with a warm washcloth.  I've been told to prep the area with coconut oul first but we found that gently rubbing with the warm washcloth alone seemed to remove most of it after a few bath times.
  • I just tried the coconut oil and then before bed I put aveeno baby eczema and it already looks way better, especially his eyebrows
  • I found this at walmart and it worked wonders for my LO
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We've done a couple applications of coconut oil but the scales are stubbornly sticking. We haven't tried letting the oil soak and coming back to it later, though. Will give that a try.

@skschnake : that kit looks amazing. I don't live in the USA, so not sure we have anything like that here...but I'll have a look tomorrow!
  • =caenis= said:
    We've done a couple applications of coconut oil but the scales are stubbornly sticking. We haven't tried letting the oil soak and coming back to it later, though. Will give that a try.

@skschnake : that kit looks amazing. I don't live in the USA, so not sure we have anything like that here...but I'll have a look tomorrow!
    The little brush that comes with it is what really got It to come off. My little one had a scalp full of it. I applied the oil/lotion while I was feeding her, rubbed it in then went thru with the brush and it all came off! Sometimes it can come back and will need to be repeated. Maybe try amazon if you have that where you leave! Good luck 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers