TTC After a Loss

newb question on charting

i want to start charting but have no idea where to begin. I am 5 1/2 weeks out from my ectopic treated with methotrexate and am waiting for my first AF. I figured I'd ask you ladies for any advice on where to start. I always had pretty regular cycles before but never paid much attention to what exactly  my body was doing and when. any advice is greatly appreciated. 
TW*** Child and loss mentioned
Married 10/12
DS 11/14
Ectopic 2/16
PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
IUI x 3- BFN
Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
FET- 6/17- BFP!
Due Feb 15, 2017

Re: newb question on charting

• Sorry for your loss. I definitely recommend checking out Fertility Friend. They have tutorials on there that can give you a good start in figuring things out. I know for me that my miscarriage has wreaked havoc on my "regular" cycle with a range of 23-36 days in the 5 months since my miscarriage.

Good luck!
  • Thanks a lot @BornReady  I downloaded the app and have been poking around trying to figure it out. 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • There's no time like the present to just jump right in! FF is really helpful. Get into a good habit of taking and recording your temperature in a way that works for you. Reading "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" might be good, but FF also has a little email lesson plan you can do to get the basics!

Recording how I feel each day is helpful during the TWW, so you can look back and see "oh, yes please calm down you had heartburn this day and this day" etc. I also like that I feel like I'm keeping myself organized about all of this.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• I'm sorry for your loss. 

If you can, it is best to take your temperature at the same time each day, after at least 3 hours of sleep (that took me 3 tries to type - first 3 days of rest, then 3 nights of rest - clearly I need to go to sleep soon). But if you can't manage that then do your best - I temp at approximately the same time, but I wake up frequently - and so my temp window is large enough that FF "complains" that I should be more regular... Maybe I should - certainly would if I could - but it is still enough to get a pattern and see a shift.

I just upgraded my thermometer to a Mabis - it seems like my old one was off a bit, but consistently, so not a big deal. My issue with my Mabis is that it measures in Fahrenheit and this Canadian girl doesn't understand that temperature scale at the moment...

I recommend Fertility Friend (if you follow them on Twitter you'll likely find a discount code before your free trial expires) - and I also recommend Taking Charge of Your Fertility (I found it informative and empowering). I also recommend the tutorials in Fertility Friend though - so if the book isn't in the cards for you don't despair. 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• I second what @reneeannemm said. Reading Taking Charge of My Fertility was a life changer..and I honestly mean that. I think every young girl should read that instead of taking those lame sex Ed classes that really don't seem to teach you much about your body. I never knew some of the things that I have read in that book. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Definitely start temping.  A friend recommended it to me and I bought my thermometer and was off to the races.  Then I got on fertility friend and that's been immensely helpful in helping temp as well.  I thought I knew a ton about this because I've been reading a ton about charting and temping and all that fun stuff, but recently got "Taking Charge of your Fertility" and there's even more information in there than I could have imagined, so I highly recommend it as well!  

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • I use the app Kindara, and I read TCOYF. Both have been helpful.