Pregnant after a Loss

Weekly PGAL check-in 4/4

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. How far along are you? EDD? 

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: 

5. Questions:

6. GTKY: What was your first job and when did you have it?

Re: Weekly PGAL check-in 4/4

• 2. How far along are you? EDD? 
    10w4d, October 27

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    I'm still nauseous most of the time and now I have a nasty cold. I can't breathe through my nose and I sneeze constantly. :(

Hearing baby's heartbeat with Doppler.

5. Questions:

I worked in the kitchen at the local swimming pool when I was 16. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

36 weeks 2days. 4/30

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    I'm sad my mom may not be able to come but glad we can hire help for the first week or so. When will contractions begin?! Wish I could get an idea of when to expect her. Glad her dresser is arriving this week!

Meeting my doula!

5. Questions: How do you refrain from eating too much carbs? Of course I have a newfound addiction for it right after the doc tells me to cut back on it. Sigh.

6. GTKY: What was your first job and when did you have it? I taught ESL to my brother and his friends when I was 16 :)
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

9 weeks; November 8th

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms:  
    Teaching 25 5 year-olds + first trimester fatigue is HARD!

Hopefully hearing the heartbeat again at my 11 week appointment.

5. Questions:  
    Has anyone tried the B6 + Unisom for morning sickness?  I thought I would give it a shot since I am nauseated all day.  My doctor's office didn't really give me specifics on how much/when to take.

Waitressing at 16.  I was horrible at it!  I forgot everything and hated talking to customers.
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    BFP #1 Nov 2015 ended in MC Dec 26 2015
    BFP #2 Feb 2016, EDD Nov 8 2016

37+4 

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    Please tell me this is allergies and not my 4th cold since December! Feeling crumby today and have zero patience for anyone. 

The start of labor. I'm so anxious for to have this baby early! 

5. Questions:
    STM's- has anyone tried a girdle/compression belt after birth? I have one ready to give it a shot. 

i worked in a bagel shop/cafe in high school. I was 16 when I started. 
  • kimey1kimey1 member
    edited April 2016
    @BooksForMe23 Kudos to you for teaching those kids. I think the most I slept in a day in the 1st trimester was 14hrs (naps+nighttime) if DH and my dog left me alone!

@Plleriti1 Watch a funny movie on netflix? The crummy days are the worst. So anxious to see our rainbow babies soon!
  • 2. How far along are you? EDD?    13w3d, EDD October 7th

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    NT scan was Friday and I have never seen such a bouncy, energetic baby!

Looking forward to (hopefully) positive genetic results and knowing baby's sex!

5. Questions:  
    Anyone know if there is an appropriate board for gestational diabetes discussions?  High-risk board maybe?

I was an avid babysitter for years but my first real job at 16 was working at the Batman stunt show in Six Flags.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): Hi, I'm 32 and DH is 31.  This will (hopefully) be our first child.  I had an ectopic pregnancy in fall 2015.

5 weeks + ?  Dating ultrasound scheduled for next Monday.

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms:  
    I've got nothing.

Ultrasound next week.  Hoping to see a heart beat.

5. Questions:
    None

I worked at a video rental store in high school.  It was a super easy job.  A manager worked during the day but they let us 16 year olds manage the store by ourselves at night.  Why?  I don't know.
  • 2. How far along are you? EDD? 9+5

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    Had my first appointment with my regular OB today.  Made everything feel a little bit more real.  She came in the room smiling and hugged me and said she was so excited to see me so soon.  We struggled for over 4 years to conceive our son we lost so we had already discussed if I wasn't pregnant after trying for 6 months what we would do.  I'm just so thankful for such a caring OB and hospital system we go to.

NT scan on the 20th.  We didn't do any screening with our son and I never thought about the 'what ifs'.  This baby we decided we wanted all the info and I'm so nervous about the results.  Funny how that works.

5. Questions: 
    I just got prescribes Diclegis.  Any one else using it?  Is it helping?

6. GTKY: 
    My first job was at a nursing home when I was 15-1/2.  It was a difficult job but paid so well for a high school job.  Paid for a trip to Spain.  

2. How far along are you? EDD? 28+3, June 24

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: right now I'm trying to research booster car seats for my son. He's ready to move up from his current car seat and holy cow I'm overwhelmed. So many choices. Why is it so hard?  Someone just point me in the direction of the safest option and I'll buy that one. Rave; I started my maternity leave last week!!  I'm ready to nest but waiting on the nursery to be finished. And I passed my glucose test. Phew!

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: it seems early to say this but birth I guess. Not really any more big milestones to hit. 

5. Questions: none right now. 

6. GTKY: What was your first job and when did you have it? Waitress at Pizza Hut in college. It was awful. I have a huge amount of respect for anyone who can wait tables and not lose it on mean customers. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Pileriti1   I bought one for my 1st pregnancy but never used it.  It was way too tight and uncomfortable.

2. How far along are you? EDD? 6W 2d Nov. 26

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms:
    Not a big fan of a few inches of snow on the ground in April!

1st Ultrasound next Monday

5. Questions:
     Asked this in my month board too, but can toddlers sense pregnancy?  Could be that I'm on s short rope last few days, but little one has seemed super whiny.

6. GTKY:
    What was your first job and when did you have it?  Besides babysitting, 1st job was a cashier at Shoprite.  I hated it.  I remember right before 4th of July (store was really busy) I had ran out of dollar bills so gave some guy $1 coins rather than making him wait for a sup. to change out money.  The guy cursed and threw them at me.  After that swore I never wanted to work as a cashier again.  

Our Journey:
    DS born 05/14
    Losses 06/15, 09/15, 02/16
    DS born 12/16
    HPT+ 1/12/20

• ALC08ALC08 member
    1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

37 wks 4 days

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: Just happy!! Love my Dr and the staff there, so thankful to be in a great office. Heard a good strong HB today and it's always a relief and gets me through a few more days. Nursery is ready to go besides steaming curtains and maybe tweaking some of the decor. Back aches are worse and pelvic pressure has gotten pretty intense! I'm still working through a list of things I want to get done. Although I've checked off most of it, I'm sure I'll still be working on it when he gets here. This morning I sat in bed thinking he could be here in two weeks or less. I can't believe it's so close!

Birth!
    5. Questions:

6. GTKY: What was your first job and when did you have it? Other than babysitting, I cleaned windows at local waffle houses one summer. Wow! 
    :o 
  • kimey1kimey1 member
    edited April 2016
    "@anna.oskar" I think you could post on your birth month board. I've seen plenty of moms write about gestational diabetes on my birth month board.

@ALC08 Tonight I've been almost binge eating since dinner. Now I want waffles XD

2. How far along are you? EDD? 36w! 5/4

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: Had a growth scan, baby looks good but my fluid level is lower then they wanted. So follow up in one week. Depending on that scan I'll either be induced next week or the following!! 2 w or less before my rainbow arrives!!! Can't wait, so much to do!! 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: Tuesdays follow up check on fluid levels! Then birth! 

5. Questions: Any insight on low fluid levels? 

6. GTKY: What was your first job and when did you have it? working at a local family owned fast food restaurant. So much fun and many great memories! 
  • ALC08ALC08 member
    @mommaseal I don't have any experience with low fluid, but a friend of mine did. She just had to be monitored regularly, drink plenty of fluids and I think her baby ended up being 16-18 days early. I think she also mentioned monitoring baby's movements. 
  • @BooksForMe23 and @EmmieAnn22 I am in Diclegis (which is just a combo of unisom and b6) and it helps a lot! I still have ms at 24 weeks and the pills really help.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015