Babies: 0 - 3 Months

how much formula a month?

This is my 2nd child and we are not breastfeeding for a variety of reasons. But I'm trying to get a handle on how much formula I will go through a month?  Also, is it best to set up a subscribe and save account with Amazon monthly or is a wholesale club the best or even coupons at Giant, Safeway, Publix etc. Any help would be appreicated as we didn't do formula with #1.  

Re: how much formula a month?

• We usually go through about one big container every 1.5 weeks. I think its like 22oz of powered formula.
  • Just an FYI, I wouldn't stock up. Sign up for the samples on the websites. My son is supplemented with formula, but I had to switch to the hypoallergenic formula since he had severe gas and spitting up. This formula is uber expensive (about double the regular formulas). Since formula is expensive, collect samples and coupons first, then determine your baby's needs - then stock up. Otherwise, you may end up throwing a lot of formula away (unopened can be donated). 
  • Loading the player...
  • cataleya82cataleya82 member
    edited April 2016
    My daughter is 6 weeks. We go through about 2 cans a week of the normal size cans. Like previous poster said, collect samples and make sure your baby tolerates a specific formula before u spend any money. I'm using Enfamil Gentlease because a few others I tried were causing her discomfort. Also you can sometimes get samples from the drs office after you have your baby and if you need to switch formulas.
  • We use a 15ish oz can every 2.5-3 days. The amounts can go up. Agree pp don't stock up. We get WIC but before we were just going to Costco. 
  • when you are ready to stock up, try costco