April 2016 Moms

Any prospective VBAC-ers getting nervous at the last minute?

I had a prior successful vaginal birth with my oldest, 6 years ago. I've been adamant about wanting to VBAC since my c/s 4 years ago with DD2 (breech). But I'm starting to get a bit nervous about my decision, and my ability to do it. Mostly because I feel so much older and more decrepit right now, lol. Anyone else in the same boat? How are you handling it?
Love: 8.10.99
Marriage: 12.18.04
DD1: 5.19.10
DD2: 4.11.12
#3 EDD 4.23.16

Re: Any prospective VBAC-ers getting nervous at the last minute?

• Ditto!!! I had so much confidence in my body the first time around and when everything went sideways (baby wasn't doing well and section was necessary-he spent 1 week in the nicu) I lost all faith in what I was capable of. I had every detail planned last time. This time I'm totally winging it. I don't even have my hospital bag packed.
  • what's a VBAC?  :*
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok googled it. *backs out slowly from this thread :-)
  • I'm not mentally prepared for this birth at all. My first VBAC, I was naive. My second, I did hypnobabies daily. But this one, I've been to occupied with 3 kids age 5 and under (one with an invisible disability) to even mentally prepare for l&d, which has historically been rather long and hard for me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I still haven't committed 100% to a VBAC and im 38+5. I had an emergency c-section with my first for a placental abruption and never went into labour. I'm still very nervous about the risk of complications (albeit small) but also do not want to have surgery if I can avoid it. My Midwife checked me last week and I was a little dilated and 50% effaced so we tried a stretch and sweep to see if it would progress things along as I am not a candidate for any artificial induction methods. I think I'm going to see if I progressed any by my next appointment and then make a final decision... At 39+3. Lol. 
  • I've been mainly a lurker, but I basically already chickened out on a vbac.  I had a section with my first due to breech presentation.  At 35 weeks this time around, they informed me that I couldn't be induced and asked if I wanted to go ahead and set up a RCS.  I did, for 39 + 4.  If I go into labor before, I'll try for a vbac.  Otherwise, I'm doing the RCS.
  • I didn't make it to the "last minute" since I half-expected to go over with this baby, but I will chime in and say that I am so glad I was able to do a vbac. I was unprepared, but some great L&D nurses got me through it, and recovery is so much better than it was with my c-section. You can do this, and it will be worth it in the end! 
    kids with flags
  • Lurking from May and really hoping for a VBAC but also really nervous. This is my second, and my first was 30+ hours of labor with a big baby and I just never progressed. I'm also really discouraged since this baby goes from breach to transverse but never seems to want to get his head down. I'm trying to stay positive but I'm also trying to be realistic.

Congrats @allisshiney!! Success stories give me hope! <3

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

BFP 1: 9/15/2013 | DD 5/23/2014
    BFP 2: 9/15/2015 | EDD 5/26/2016