December 2016 Moms

Remedies

BmcD2016BmcD2016 member
edited March 2016 in December 2016 Moms
I really want to be as prepared for everything that's going to come my way over the next few weeks. It has been a while since I have been pregnant, my first child was born way long ago in 2004 and my second only two years after her. Back then my doctor's advice for morning sickness was to drink Coca Cola. So does anyone have good, modern day tips for morning sickness, fatigue, insomnia?

I've seen online about using unisom and B6, has anyone had success with this? I feel like I'm a first time mom all over again. :)

Re: Remedies

• I thought that pregnancy pops helped with nausea . They are just ginger hard candies that you suck on. They are a temporary fix. I know if it is severe enough, your doctor can prescribe zofran or reglan.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Ginger is the best recommendation I have for nausea. Be careful with zofran, there is currently a lawsuit going on about it causing birth defects. For insomnia unisom worked for me. The B6 with it helped a lot of ladies in my last BMB with their nausea.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Ginger ale is what works best for me.  I had constant nausea for 16 and 20 weeks with my girls (not severe, just enough to be annoying) and ginger ale definitely helped.  I also found eating small meals/snacks pretty regularly throughout the day helped keep it at bay.
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • No severe symptoms yet but with my last pregnancy, I found sea bands to be really helpful, or I just press that area if I'm not wearing them. Pinching the earlobe is another acupressure point. I like the preggie pop drops as well, or altoids help in a pinch. A lot of docs recommend taking unisom with vitamin B6 at night and that seems to help MS. 

Also recommend ordering some medical emesis bags. Never needed them while pregnant but did get food poisoning and 10/10 would recommend. Much better than puking into a toilet. 
  • Sour candies helped me with nausea.  Keeping a granola bar or fig newtons with me all the time helped as well.  An empty stomach made me get sick.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• juliehollz13juliehollz13 member
    edited April 2016
    This isn't for nausea but I found a great thing for RLP and cramps and headaches. Idk about anyone else but after BFP I have been having the WORST tension headaches in my neck and head. I take a warm (comfortable, not lukewarm and not hot) bath with Epsom salts. My sharp twinges/cramps go away and it also helps with BM's, which I figure are partly responsible for the discomfort as the intestines are the first organs to the first to get affected by pregnancy. Also water. Drinking lots of water helps everything.

I can't say anything about MS but I AM taking a multivitamin with high doses of the B vitamins, so I don't know if that's the reason I haven't really been sick so far. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes