August 2016 Moms
Options

**Wednesday Ticker Change**

How many weeks today? 

How big is baby (fruit size or other)?

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? 

Questions?

GTKY: (Stolen from another bmb) How's the great name debate going? Have you picked one? Are you worried you will never decide? Any name drama? You don't have to share the name if you don't want to of course. 

Re: **Wednesday Ticker Change**

• Options
    How many weeks today? 19...almost half way!!!

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Baby is the size of a 4 toed hedgehog.

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Get to have our anatomy scan next Tuesday!!! I cannot wait! Also, I am feeling the baby move a little more every day. It is still mostly just flutters but I feel it more than once a day now.

Questions?

GTKY: (Stolen from another bmb) How's the great name debate going? Have you picked one? Are you worried you will never decide? Any name drama? You don't have to share the name if you don't want to of course. We have names picked for a girl and a boy. We had some drama with our boy name but it was from other people and we have decided not to take anyone's opinions into consideration as this is our baby.
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 20!

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? banana

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Halfway there, yay! Ultrasound tomorrow, so excited. 

Questions?

GTKY: (Stolen from another bmb) How's the great name debate going? Have you picked one? Are you worried you will never decide? Any name drama? You don't have to share the name if you don't want to of course.
    We talked names early in the pregnancy and decided on a boy first name and a girl middle name. So we're halfway there and the discussion has been tabled since then. We figure why argue until we know the sex for sure. So the great name debate resumes tomorrow! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 20

How big is baby (fruit or other)? Banana

Raves/ Symptoms? Finally halfway!!!

Questions?

GTKY: (Stolen from another bmb) How's the great name debate going? Have you picked one? Are you worried you will never decide? Any name drama? You don't have to share the name if you don't want to of course. We are pretty much at a stand still between 2 names. I think if we stop talking about them for a little while maybe we can make a choice a bit easier in a few weeks. 
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 20!!! I cannot believe we are halfway. I feel like it has only been about a month. 

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Banana or Belgian Endive. I like how the Ovia App decided to tell me that the baby is getting "huge" :neutral: 

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? I don't know if it is just me, or what. But I itch EVERYWHERE all the time. My arms, my legs, my thighs...I have been lathering on Shea Butter Creme and Coconut oil. But dadgum. 

Questions? 

Actually, the hubs and I have already decided on names. One for each gender. We find out on Saturday what we are having (Gender Reveal Party). But we have also decided to keep them to ourselves until the birth. 
    first time momma
    -a heart at peace gives life to the body-
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 22, entering my 6th month (which sounds really pregnant)

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? a papaya, a guinea pig or an ear of corn.

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? All going pretty well - my hips hurt but, I'm actually getting used to it. My SIL brought a huge bin of her daughter's clothes to Easter on Sunday so it was fun sorting through everything... now she already has a good stockpile!

Questions? Nope.

GTKY: (Stolen from another bmb) How's the great name debate going? Have you picked one? Are you worried you will never decide? Any name drama? You don't have to share the name if you don't want to of course. I think this baby girl has had her name since I was in, oh, maybe college? It's the one I've always loved and DH agrees. This choice was very easy!
  • Options
    @Tnallen107 I have been itching everywhere too! To the point where I thought my body wash was irritating my skin so I switched. Every night when I change into my pajamas I end up scratching everywhere for at least 5 minutes. It is driving me crazy!!
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 22 weeks

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Papaya 

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? My DH was able to feel the baby kick the last two nights! Super exciting since I have an anterior placenta. 

Questions?

Already have a name chosen and have for a while now. We plan on telling our immediate family, but that's about it. Just don't want opinions on it from my extended family. 
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 

Baseball mitt

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? 
    Still the heartburn. Always the $&@#ing heartburn. But my OB said everything looked beautiful on our anatomy scan and I can feel him moving a ton now... So my heart is also pretty happy. :)

Questions?
    I saw something about taking your baby book to the hospital to get the baby's footprints. Is this a thing? Am I supposed to have/be working on a baby book already?

GTKY
    My husband decided long before I got pregnant, if we had a boy his name would be Lil' Turbo. So that's what we're telling everyone. But we are about 98% on an actual name, no drama involved. 

• Options
    @Mfuller76 I took our baby book. With my last baby, the nurse actually put them on a separate sheet of paper that we could tape into the book just in case the print got messed up. It was also nice to have the book as there is a page in ours that you can put visitors that came to the hospital and if they brought a gift. It is not always easy to remember that after you are home, especially if you don't get back to the book for a while.
  • Options
    jamiesc58 said:
    @Mfuller76 I took our baby book. With my last baby, the nurse actually put them on a separate sheet of paper that we could tape into the book just in case the print got messed up. It was also nice to have the book as there is a page in ours that you can put visitors that came to the hospital and if they brought a gift. It is not always easy to remember that after you are home, especially if you don't get back to the book for a while.
    This. Our hospital actually encouraged us to bring our baby book when we did the hospital tour so they can do the baby footprints right in there for you. They did also give us a separate "certificate" type thing too in case people forgot theirs.

• Options
    How many weeks today? 21 weeks! 

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Baseball hat!

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? I seriously feel like my heart has exploded now that I know what we are having. We would have been happy with either gender, but I feel like I've fallen even more in love now that I KNOW it's a boy. Love my little guy. 

Questions?

We are decided on a first name, but still debating on a middle name. First name starts with a C, and the middle name initials are either A or P. If we go with P, the poor kids initials would be CPR. Hubby thinks it's fine, but I'm leary. 
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 
    21 weeks today. 

pomegrante 

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? 
    I hate heartburn. And my boobs are already leaking. Add to it this baby is killing my back. I can barely walk sometimes. But I can feel the baby more. 

Questions?

we are debating. Girl name is set at Liliana Marie after my grandma Lilian . For a boy I like Christopher Francis but hubby does not like Christopher. Francis is my step dads MN so it's not negotiable. Our son is named after hubby so I'm not that much of a bitch. 

• Options
    How many weeks today? 

Pomegranate

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Starting to feel some movement :)  A little worried though since everyone else seems to have stronger or more movement they feel all the time. It makes me think I should work out, get this baby stronger with some cardio...

I already posted on the name opinion post that I really like Miles, my husband likes some out there names and we both like Reid and Rowan. Not 100% sold on Reid since I prefer Miles (and the way it sounds with my last name) but giving it a break for awhile. I tried reading the 60,000 name books, etc. and it was just way too many terrible names to get through. 

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 22

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Papaya/Corn on the Cob

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Literally as I was typing this felt baby kick for the first time! She was really going at it for a good minute. Hubby was even able to feel she was doing it so strong. 

Questions? Maybe TMI, but... Anyone else having pressure/aching in the cervical area? I get a lot of pressure and a dull ache when I stand for a while. 

GTKY: (Stolen from another bmb) How's the great name debate going? Have you picked one? We had a girl name we were 100% on for years and then when I found out I was pregnant decided it was way too out there/you-nique. So, we decided to go with Willa Louise. Willa for the author Willa Cather (one of my faves) and Louise for my gma. We're toying around with a second middle name but can't find one we agree on.
  • Options
    Thanks for the baby book heads up! I feel some Pinterest-ing coming on. Because why buy a baby book when I can add another project to my already overwhelming list and stress myself out over recreating some unrealistic ideal of DIY homemade perfection... :)
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 18 weeks 2 days (EDD 08/30/16)

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? sweet potato 

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? feeling pretty good, exhaustion at times, but I will take that over morning sickness any day!

Questions? I was told at my anatomy scan yesterday that I have an anterior placenta, so as a FTM I am worried I will not be able to feel her for weeks. Any other FTM moms with an anterior placenta? and if yes, have you felt movement yet? or when did you? August can not get here soon enough ( well end of August/early Sept for me)

GTKY: We have decided on the name Olivia Susan. My mom and my fiances mother are both Susan so we want to honor them. 
  • Options
    @elilley426 I have an anterior placenta and there is actually a whole thread dedicated to it. I started feeling movements right before 21 weeks and at 22 weeks my husband has even been able to feel a couple of kicks! 
  • Options
    @BritMC18
    I have been feeling that lately as well my dr. Said it was round ligament pain due to the weight and pressure the baby is putting in the specific area. I also had it my first pregnancy and unfortunately for me it got worse due to the baby getting bigger.
  • Options
    I am 22 weeks today and she is the size of a papaya❤❤❤. I feel great most of the time but have been needing to take little breaks hear and there because my stamina seems to be running low. Hubby and I chose the name Emma but are having a bit of drama with the middle name, both grandmas want to have their name as the middle name but we dont want to choose one over the other so we were thinking of giving her two middle names, but we have never seen this. Is this common or not?
  • Options
    brisac said:
    I am 22 weeks today and she is the size of a papaya❤❤❤. I feel great most of the time but have been needing to take little breaks hear and there because my stamina seems to be running low. Hubby and I chose the name Emma but are having a bit of drama with the middle name, both grandmas want to have their name as the middle name but we dont want to choose one over the other so we were thinking of giving her two middle names, but we have never seen this. Is this common or not?
    All three of my SIL's kids have two middle names. So does one of my cousins. I don't know how common it is, but it's definitely done.

• Options
    @brisac is there a way to incorporate both names? Mix them together to make one cute name?