September 2016 Moms

Plus Size Check-in 3/29

Hi, ladies!

How is everyone feeling?

I know it is still early, but is anyone feeling movement yet?

Anything to share? Questions or concerns? 

GTKY: What is your favorite season of the year? Why?

Re: Plus Size Check-in 3/29

• Hello! 

I'm feeling quite well. Kind of tired today because my 2 yr old and 4 yr old ended up in bed with DH and I last night. Hate it when that happens. I can't easily put them back in their beds because they share a room with the 10 month old and that would wake her up. 

No movement here. 

I was wondering, how do they measure fundal height when you're overweight? I know they did last time I was pregnant and I wondered about it, but didn't ever ask. 

Today, my favorite season is spring. The sun is shining, my big girls are blowing bubbles outside, and I wanna see some flowers already. But usually my favorite is autumn. I'm not a big fan of hot weather, so I am very glad to see the leaves change color and be able to wear a sweatshirt again. 
  • @LeahKnits The OB measured my fundal height like normal with my first, and I was always right on track. I never really thought about how my weight might impact it. I did worry it would hinder hearing the heartbeat on the doppler, but so far, no issues there either.

• Loading the player...
  • How is everyone feeling? I am feeling so much better than I have since my bfp! Even spring allergies can't bring me down!

I know it is still early, but is anyone feeling movement yet? Not yet

Anything to share? Questions or concerns? Just a share. I think I'm beginning to show. I wasn't expecting that with this being my first pregnancy and with the weight, but the bump is getting pretty noticeable!

GTKY: What is your favorite season of the year? Why? Fall for many reasons. It feels so refreshing after the heat of summer, my allergies start to fade, there's a feeling of renewal in the air with the new school year, both DH and my birthdays are in the Fall, our wedding anniversary is in the fall, and this baby will be born in the fall!
  • Hello everyone! 

I'm feeling ok. Still having issues with eating. I have a weird relationship with food and I don't particularly like to eat if im not hungry but I know with a baby on board I really should eat more often. 

I know it is still early, but is anyone feeling movement yet? Twice I think I've felt something but I could also be imagining things especially since I'm a FTM. 

Anything to share? Questions or concerns? Husband and I saw my big fat Greek wedding 2 yesterday and I absolutely loved it although it was a roller coaster of emotions. Even he got teary eyed. It was such a great movie and exactly what I needed. I highly recommend it!!

GTKY: What is your favorite season of the year? Why? San Diego "winter" aka fall everywhere else. It's cold enough to wear sweaters but it's not freezing yet
  • camichael84camichael84 member
    edited March 2016
    How is everyone feeling? Good! Wish my sleep was better, but I've got energy throughout the day no, so I can't complain too much.

I know it is still early, but is anyone feeling movement yet? No movement for me yet either. I felt my first at 18 weeks, and I was hoping I'd feel it sooner this time. I'm 16 weeks today, and I know it's early yet, but I'm so ready to feel this baby and have that little reassurance that baby's in there doing well.

Anything to share? Questions or concerns? Bought some maternity clothes and a bra over the weekend. I thought my boobs hadn't grown, but I'm up two cup sizes. I was also relieved to find I'm I'm the same size clothes as last pregnancy. I started out weighing more this time, and when I got my maternity clothes back from SIL a lot of them fit weird. I'm now thinking they just got stretched a lot being worn two different pregnancies.

Fall! I love the weather and the leaves changing and football and pumpkins and apple cider. I could go on forever. We got married in the fall, and now will have two fall babies. With DD, I let her being little keep me from doing our usual fall activities, but not this time. I've already got a plan for how we will take the baby with us the pumpkin patch/orchard, and how to make trick or treating work (zoo and campground... DD is still too little to go door to door yet).

• How is everyone feeling? Feeling good. Hip pain is the worst and my sciatica is being a b and won't let me sleep much but otherwise okay. 

I know it is still early, but is anyone feeling movement yet? Yes! I'd been feeling light flutters since week 13 or so but very sparingly. The past few days I've felt her moving several times a day so that makes me happy. I can't wait until I feel her all day. I sneezed yesterday and felt her kicking about 30 seconds later  :D 

Anything to share? Questions or concerns? I'm struggling to find affordable plus size clothing that I can wear through pregnancy. I've bought a few XXL maternity shirts but I haven't found maternity jeans or comfy bras that aren't terribly expensive in my size. I'm also getting away with buying regular clothes a size or two up and that's great but it obviously won't work for pants! I have one pair of maternity jeans and was wearing my regular pants with a belly band but that got annoying and, even though they still fit, the open zipper area is tight around my bladder when I sit.

GTKY: What is your favorite season of the year? Why? I LOVE winter. Most people don't but I love wearing giant jackets and love the snow and all the activities and holidays!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @camichael84 I have a plan for trick or treating and the pumpkin patch this year too! I'll probably have the little baby in my baby carrier so she's close to mom. Lizzie (will be 17 months) will still be too little for most things, so I'll have her in sit n stand stroller and then Katy (will be 3) can ride on the back when she gets tired. Trick or treating last year was the first time that my oldest really enjoyed it. It was finally to the point where DH and I could watch her from the sidewalk while she said trick or treat. So much fun. 
    I need to replace all my maternity clothes this time. I didn't buy anything new last time and after 3 pregnancies everything is stretched, stained and worn out. 

@AlwaysAuntNeverMom I ordered some clothes from Old Navy last week. I just got them today. I don't know how affordable they are, but everything was on sale. For $50 I got a skirt, a pair of pants, a tank top, and a tee shirt. Free shipping. I think if you shop around looking at clearance you can find maternity clothes for cheaper. 
    Also, I didn't wear pants with my last pregnancy. I didn't have any that fit and I couldn't afford to buy anything. So whenever I went out I wore a pair of leggings and a skirt. I had some sweats and yoga pants that I wore at home, but I couldn't wear them in public. 
  • How is everyone feeling?
    Mostly good! I still feel more fat than pregnant these days. My clothes don't fit- including my dang underwear at this point! I caved and went and got granny panties lol. They are SO COMFY! Poor DH lol. I had lower back pain for a bit, but I bought a snoogle and life is good again.

I know it is still early, but is anyone feeling movement yet?
    I have been feeling flutters on and off since last night. :)

Anything to share? Questions or concerns? 
    I had a super vivid dream last night when I fell asleep about this baby at about 1 year old. I haven't found out the sex yet since I'm still 16 weeks (won't know till 20 weeks), but I've had a feeling it's a boy for a while. This was the first dream I had about the actual baby. In the dream he was a little boy, he was walking just ahead of me on the path at my mother's house. It was fall, with bright red and orange leaves all over. He had tousled reddish blonde hair, big blue eyes, and the sweetest little face- which had an air of a little dude 'tude, but he stopped and took my hand, and I kneeled down to him, and he gave me a little kiss and then pounced on me for a hug. I swear, it felt so real and it melted my heart! I can't stop thinking about it!!

My favorite season is Fall :) Probably because I was born in the fall- but my favorite holiday is Halloween, I love the colors of fall, the leaves changing, the warm sunlight and crisp night air, the smell, pumpkins everywhere, jumping in leaf piles, the flavors, everything. It always feels like your whole life could change with the turning of the leaves. I love it!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • LeahKnits thanks! I hadn't even considered to go to Old Navy even though I like shopping there. That's an awesome deal! Affordable to me is I don't want to spend $60 on a pair of jeans or $40 on a top (hello Motherhood Maternity). I'm going to check out Old Navy right now!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
  • @AlwaysAuntNeverMom I went into Motherhood Maternity a few weeks ago and nearly passed out from sticker shock. I mean, they have seriously comfortable clothes, but I can't afford them at full price. I can barely afford them at clearance prices. I actually just got my package from Old Navy. The pants are too big, but look awesomely comfortable so I'm going to exchange them. The skirt is amazing and I'm still wearing it. :smiley: 
  • tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited March 2016
    @LeahKnits just got my Old Navy on! I found a pair of yoga pants just like the ones I'd been looking for the past few weeks. Got a pair or khakis and a top! Woohoo!
  • Feeling pretty good. Not enjoying my tummy right now though. I lost almost 40 lbs at the beginning of this pregnancy. I've only gained 4 back but my stomach is HUGE!! 

I thought I felt flutters last week (14) but haven't since so it was probably gas. I have another ultrasound tomorrow so I'm excited about that! 

Fall is my favorite season. The colors. The weather..  the scents. It's all so comforting and cozy. 
    Trying to Conceive Ticker

• How is everyone feeling?  Really good, I finally have my energy back!

I know it is still early, but is anyone feeling movement yet?  No movement here, but with DS I didn't feel anything until closer to 20 weeks

Anything to share? Questions or concerns?   I can't find any maternity clothing that I like!!! Why are there stripes on all maternity clothing and why are all of the dress so form fitting?  

GTKY: What is your favorite season of the year? Why?  @camichael84  Fall here too!  We were married in the fall and both babies will be born in the fall!  So many reasons to love the fall, I love the leaves changing and the nice crisp air oh and EVERYTHING pumpkin!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  •  How is everyone feeling? Good except that I'm tired. But honestly, I don't remember a time since my kids were born that I haven't been tired.

I know it is still early, but is anyone feeling movement yet? Yes. Not constant. But I can definitely tell the difference between gas bubbles and baby movement. I've gotten some good jabs a couple of times but mostly it's the little movements.

Anything to share? Questions or concerns? I think I might finally be at the point where I can't sleep on my back anymore. :'( With my first pregnancy I couldn't sleep on my back by 16 weeks so I'm surprised that I've been able to make it to almost 18 weeks with these two. I'm going to miss sleeping on my back.

GTKY: What is your favorite season of the year? Why?  Definitely fall. I'm not a big fan of the heat and I love jeans and big comfy hoodies. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I love seeing the leaves change color (although, unfortunately, you don't get much of that in Texas - at least not in this area).
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @AMT1107 Yes on the stripes! I've just accepted it. I don't like stripes, but I get most of my maternity clothes as hand me downs, so I deal with it. I've had a problem finding shirts that aren't form fitting. I imagine that if I was a healthy weight and had a basketball kind of bump, I'd like that kind of thing. But I'm not and I don't. And I don't want something that clings to me. 

• @AMT1107 @LeahKnits I have an extreme dislike of all the stripped maternity shirts as well. I wonder who thinks putting a pregnant woman in stripes is a good idea? I'm not a fan of the snug shirts right now because my bump isn't big enough, but I loved them later in my pregnancy with DD. Only time in my life that I've been proud to flaunt my belly, so I wanted to show it off as much as possible. :smiley: 

•  How is everyone feeling? Good for the most part. Dealing with the round ligament pain and pressure/stretching down there keeps me from getting the sleep I so desperately crave LOL.

I know it is still early, but is anyone feeling movement yet? Yes I think. It wasn't constant though. 

Anything to share? Questions or concerns? Had a scare last week with bleeding. I went to use the bathroom as normal and there it was. I didn't panic because I wasn't experiencing any cramps or tummy pain just prayed and went to the ER (because it wouldn't stop). Everything turned out fine, was told to take it easy and take a week break from sexual activity (can you imagine my DH's facial expression  :D ) Read about the maternity clothes situation and I must say I go for the "cling" look. When I wear bigger fitting clothes it makes me feel/look even larger. I've been on the search for maternity shapewear to help my belly have the full "round" shape. Unfortunately not having much luck (when looking at the size charts) plus I prefer one that has full back coverage too. Right now the top of my tummy is poking out and the middle is semi-round and the bottom... well it just hangs  :s

GTKY: What is your favorite season of the year? Why? Fall! The weather cools down, the state fair comes to town, gearing in for holidays back to back and preparing for the winter.
  • I know it's far from Tuesday, but this wasn't something I wanted to share on the rest of the board.

I gained a lot of weight within the past year- I had a bought of intense social anxiety brought on by my body image. It kept me from leaving my house a lot, so we ate a lot of takeout (DH is a truly horrible cook), and I didn't get out to run very much like I'd used to. Of course, the whole thing was rather self perpetuating because as I gained weight from the takeout and the sedentary lifestyle I'd adopted I feared judgement more. Fast forward to now, I've seen a therapist and have slowly put my life back to normal. The final piece of life to get back to was church, and we accomplished that Easter Sunday and today.

I grew up going to my church, and the people there are a lot like extended family. They mean well, but can often say some rude things. Today one woman came up to me with a very concerned look on her face, glanced pointedly at my stomach, and reminded me very sternly that eating for two does not mean eating everything in sight. Then an older man who is a friend excused himself politely to pass behind me, followed by a joking "move it wide load!"

At first I was horrified, because that's like my anxiety nightmare come to life. But, now I realize it hasn't stuck to me like it has in the past. Something about all this blump time and knowing that I'm definitely going to be getting bigger seems to have finally gotten me the rest of the way around the corner today!
  • @cassloumy OMG I am horrified for you that people are like that towards you! Good grief people are just absolutely AWFUL! I'm glad you are rising above it, because screw those people. No one should have the right to treat anyone that way. I hope you find the courage to stand up to them at some point so that they realize how rude, and cruel, it is for that kind of criticism. For some good ideas, check out this article, I thought it was awesome: https://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-handle-rude-comments-from-strangers-during-pregnancy_10348593.bc 

I've honestly been avoiding seeing my grandmother on my father's side because she has always been judgmental of my weight- and I know as I gain while pregnant she will surely have her input. She's probably at a maximum of 90 pounds soaking wet. My upper thigh is thicker than her waist- she's a waif. But I'm not morbidly obese either- sure my weight has fluctuated, but it never means it's right for her, or anyone else, to pass judgement. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @SarahMConnors that link was great! I especially loved the woman who touched the stranger's stomach back! I'll have to keep that in my arsenal!
  • tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited April 2016
    @cassloumy that's crazy! I'm so sorry. I can definitely understand the anxiety as I've put on a lot of weight recently too. I've been anxious about seeing people I know and going to places where they might see me. I'm trying to get over it but I feel that once a nasty comment comes in, it will erase all the work I do. I really admire you for not letting it get to you; no one has any right to get you down or even to give you their opinion on your body. Some people out there don't have any clue of what respect is.

DH is really sweet and loves me no matter what I look like but I grew up getting constant judgmental comments from my parents about weight that I unfortunately automatically  (and wrongly) associate thin with beautiful. It's hard to break the train of thought but not impossible!
  • @cassloumy I'm sorry you had to hear that. Nobody has a right to say anything about your body ever, but especially during pregnancy. I'm so glad you didn't let it get you down for long. 

• Thank you, everyone!

@AlwaysAuntNeverMom I grew up in a similar environment, and it's taken a lot of work to get to this point. Your body is a vessel, it's what you can do with it that makes it great, not what it looks like. Ours are making humans right now, and there are so many more wonderful things we're capable of!
  • cassloumy said:
    @SarahMConnors that link was great! I especially loved the woman who touched the stranger's stomach back! I'll have to keep that in my arsenal!
    I'm so glad! I loved it when I found it myself. I'm just DYING to touch a stranger's belly in return and watch them recoil in awkward horror lol!!!

BabyFruit Ticker