Baby Showers

OPINIONS...

I was pregnant and had my son in May 2015. I got pregnant again and I'm due July 19th 2016 and im having another boy. But I've been told I'm not aloud too have another baby shower because I jus had one for my first son. And they won't be that far apart in age. But then I feel bad because it's like we aren't even celebrating the new baby arriving idk am I over thinking it. Thoughts please!!!

Best Answer

Re: OPINIONS...

• Loading the player...
  • arduaaa said:
    I was pregnant and had my son in May 2015. I got pregnant again and I'm due July 19th 2016 and im having another boy. But I've been told I'm not aloud too have another baby shower because I jus had one for my first son. And they won't be that far apart in age. But then I feel bad because it's like we aren't even celebrating the new baby arriving idk am I over thinking it. Thoughts please!!!
    Yes.

Also, ditto to PPs. A second baby shower is tacky. If you've lurked around this board even a little, you'd already know that. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • There are lots of ways you can celebrate your new baby without having a shower: Have a cute family photo shoot with your hubby, baby and pregnant belly; write letters or poems to the baby while she's still in utero; get a babysitter and go out to dinner with your husband where you guys can talk about baby plans and names; etc. Like others said, just because all your friends aren't there buying you gifts doesn't mean you're not properly celebrating!
  • Although in my family we do have a shower for each pregnancy it seems that is not what is done in your family. (and not done in many places) You can celebrate your baby in many ways that doesn't involve a shower. The baby isn't even aware of what is going on and many times not born. Do something special for you and your family, a dinner, a day out, a weekend away.
  • If someone is offering to throw one, by all means accept if you want, but I would not do a registry, and keep the guest list to close family and close friends only.

If you're wanting to throw your own, it's just going to come off tacky no matter how you slice it. If you're planning to do your own, just wait and do a meet the baby get together if you simply must have a party