May 2016 Moms
Options

STM Bottle Cleaning

I am a second time mom and plan on using the bottles I used for my first.  I also plan to boil all of them before I use them.  When do you think would be best to do this??  I would like to have them ready before the baby gets here, but I also think if I prep them too early I will want to do it again.  Thoughts? 

Re: STM Bottle Cleaning

• Options
    Great topic, probably going to wait until 38-39 weeks? Just finding all the bottles and pumping supplies will be a task for me! I do plan on pumping earlier this time to build my work stash earlier, so I need to think about this. 
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    I bought new bottle nipples, but will reuse the bottles. I'm hoping to ebf and pump less this time around, so I'm not going to sterilize until much closer to my due date, or possibly once we're home from the hospital. Any very early pumping feeding that we did with DS was with a teaspoon anyway, so I'm not in a rush to boil.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kbrands7, you're always a wealth of information, so hopefully you can help me. I have boiling of bottles and pacifiers as well as washing of newborn clothes (onsies, hats, gloves, sleep sacks), bedding, and swaddles scheduled for next Sunday (the 10th). So it's 3 days prior to my csection, is there anything I'm washing or boiling that's overkill or anything I'm forgetting?
  • Options
    @ibachran If you plan to pump, then also wash and sanitize the plastic connectors  (not the tubes and no need to boil the rubbery membranes either). They make microwave bags to sanitize pump parts too if you want to go that route. If you're formula feeding and using powder, be sure to wash whatever measuring device you'll use.

Things like baby carriers or wraps, boppy, car seat cover, etc. can get run through the washer or surface cleaned to get factory grime off. T&P for a smooth csection for you and your LO! :)
  • Options
    Crap. You're right. I should sanitize even my new stuff before use. 
    #ThingsIDidntThinkOf
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020