April 2016 Moms

Passing the time until baby arrives

April is finally here! But that doesn't mean our babies are coming out just yet. I know I am super impatient and k kW I could go another 3 weeks. It seems so long!

What are you ladies doing to pass the time until LO arrives? I am a FTM and I am officially off of work so my time is wide open right now. I am going for lots of walks, napping, reading, cooking and cleaning when I have the energy and spending way too much time on the Internet! I'm happy and enjoying my time but also borderline going to go nuts! 

Re: Passing the time until baby arrives

• Jealous! I'm still working and in so much pain. I just need it to be over. Now!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • I did spend like two days agonizing over which Tula to order, so that was a fun distraction! I can't even get the nursery ready because we are living with my parents right now and will be moving to a different state two weeks after baby comes!
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Jealous! I'm still working and in so much pain. I just need it to be over. Now!
    I'm kind of thankful to still be working, because my time off consists of sitting on my couch willing myself to go into labor...but my story will change on Monday when I go back to work for the week and start hurting!
    I'm kind of thankful to still be working, because my time off consists of sitting on my couch willing myself to go into labor...but my story will change on Monday when I go back to work for the week and start hurting!
    I think not working is a mixed blessing. I've only been off 4 days and I can see it getting crazy making. But I was going crazy at work too and at least this way I can take care of myself, and exercise which was not happening the last few weeks of work. So I alternate between walking and sitting with my feet elevated. 

Willing the baby to come is something I do no matter what else I'm doing. Lol
    I think not working is a mixed blessing. I've only been off 4 days and I can see it getting crazy making. But I was going crazy at work too and at least this way I can take care of myself, and exercise which was not happening the last few weeks of work. So I alternate between walking and sitting with my feet elevated. 

Willing the baby to come is something I do no matter what else I'm doing. Lol
    Yeah, last time I stopped working on a Friday and didn't get induced until Tuesday night, so not long (this was a week past my due date mind you)... but I was nesting, cleaning, prepping the nursery, going for long walks, etc. This time I am just in pain so it hurts so much to work, but at he same time, I can't really DO anything with my free time. I have been off all week, but I have so much grading to get caught up on that it hasn't been too bad. I also have a crazy toddler to occupy my time ;)
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Right now at 39w5d I am doing all the walking, sex and spicy foods to try and get this LO here. I am so anxious to meet her. I am having actual contractions which I wish would stay so I know when we need to go to the hospital!
  • My OB offered to put me on medical leave early from work when I saw her on Thursday and I told her no. This pain is going to bother me whether I'm at home or on the road, so might as well keep making money and building up my PTO stash. The only thing that would make me quit early now is the GI problems I've been having, although I think yesterday was food poisoning. I still have 3 weeks to go, work makes the time pass so much faster at least. When I'm at home, I just sit around and wish I was sleeping when I have free time, haha. 

What I really need to is some cleaning. When we got DD room ready, I moved all the stuff that was in there into our hallway and half of it is still there. It's an eyesore and it's in the way, it's gotta go. I'm just the only one whose going to do it, I know.
  • I have never been one that gets bored. Ever. I either do something or enjoy my relax time.

I'm working as long as doc says I can (not due til April 29) but am taking it easy on spring break this week...as much as I can with a toddler running around. I am doing the nesting thing today because I've done nothing to prepare for 2.0. 
  • Time goes so slow for me too. But I have a year old and he occupies all the time available. Especially this week - had a reaction to MMR vaccine and of course, doctors would deny and test him for everything else and sent us to ER before finally admitting to vaccine reaction. So this week went pretty fast) but I would rather be bored than spend another week like that with fever and sleepless nights ( like its not coming for me anyway))
    Also I was reading a lot. And only light, positive read. Have to confess - read Harry Potter again, same as I did with my first pregnancy. Watching only funny TV shows. Scrubs, Friends, New Girl etc.
    Sometimes though I think Oh my God, only couple more weeks left!!!!!  and it does scare me. but than comes the acid reflux and I am ready to have this baby right now. 
  • I went off work about three weeks ago due to blood pressure issues. Now I'm overdue and going a little stir crazy. I rushed through all my to do lists the first week in case I needed to be induced. Now I spend my days trying to keep the house clean, reading, going for walks, and crafts. I made a lot of freezer meals which is a good way to fill your days and our public library has free ebooks so that's been great too! Definitely ready for baby though. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm thankful I'm able to work up until the big day because it's a distraction.  It's a week and a half until my scheduled C section so it's nice to have an end date in mind.

That said...she could come any time now and I'd be happy!  I have a few dinners with friends scheduled soon so that makes for a good distraction, too.  My heart goes out to the ladies who go past 40 weeks!
  • I'm working until the day before my induction date, unless baby comes before then. And that's exactly what I wanted because I didn't want to waste a day of maternity leave.
    DH urges me to just relax when I'm off work or on the weekend but I feel like I need to be up and doing something (I'm stubborn!).....
  • Everything is going so far so good. Just the usual terrible aches and pains that make it hard to go through the day, but I am also working until the end. In my free time, I still chill at home, playing WoW and I'm in the process of sewing the ears on my crochet hat I made. https://blog.lovecrochet.com/crochet-club-polar-bear-and-teddy-hats/
    Other than that, still lots of housework and chasing after a two year old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I work from home so I will technically always have something to do, even after the baby arrives, because the business is my own with no partners.

Still I'm finding myself kind of stir-crazy now that the nursery is done and I've spent the last 8 months pulling back from meeting with clients so often, and from my social life. Now it's just me, my dogs, and the apartment. 

I try new recipes, entertain myself playing with the animals, and spend A TON of time sleeping. I would love to spend some of this time learning to knit though...
    This is me exactly.  I'd be going nuts at home but I am quite hostile at work because everyone reminds you that you could go any day.  Of course you don't hear it from just one person you hear it from every single person that walks asthma your desk.  I still haven't decided if being my own worst nightmare is worse than being reminded 20 times a day I am still at work.
    This is me exactly.  I'd be going nuts at home but I am quite hostile at work because everyone reminds you that you could go any day.  Of course you don't hear it from just one person you hear it from every single person that walks asthma your desk.  I still haven't decided if being my own worst nightmare is worse than being reminded 20 times a day I am still at work.
    I love the "wow, the baby dropped!" or "you're ready to pop!" comments that have been coming for nearly 3 weeks. I'm considering replying with "Yes, but I still haven't lost my mucus plug so I think I still have a little time." My strongest contractions come at work because I'm moving so much so I'm hoping that one of these days they become the real deal and I can say that work sent me into labor. 
    I love the "wow, the baby dropped!" or "you're ready to pop!" comments that have been coming for nearly 3 weeks. I'm considering replying with "Yes, but I still haven't lost my mucus plug so I think I still have a little time." My strongest contractions come at work because I'm moving so much so I'm hoping that one of these days they become the real deal and I can say that work sent me into labor. 
    Agreed!  I am just hoping that IF my water breaks at work I am not wearing my light grey pants that would make it obvious.  I should just retire them for the next two weeks, but they are really comfy and supportive.
    Agreed!  I am just hoping that IF my water breaks at work I am not wearing my light grey pants that would make it obvious.  I should just retire them for the next two weeks, but they are really comfy and supportive.
    My uniform doesn't even show blood, really, and I work with PAs, nurses, and medics...so it'd probably be the best place for me to go into labor! I'm also not one of those who fears my water breaking in public though, because at this point I'll just be happy she's on her way. I didn't even bat twice at buying incontinence underwear today because dang it, I don't want to bleed all over everything. 
  • @cmjenkies Oh wow! I am so envious of all the hand-me-downs! And your diaper collection! I have two small packages of the smallest Naty diapers. Gonna need so much more hah. I wish I had a Target so badly but we live in NYC and they basically don't exist here. Sigh.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • For passing time I am just reading a lot. Alternating between books for fun and books for baby and birth. I try and walk as much as I can, when the weather permits which is about half the time and I don't have this crappy cold that I'm dying to get over.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • cmjenkies said:
    As for passing time.. I feel like I'm playing closet Tetris right now. These are almost all hand me down clothes that were in old diaper boxes that I have now just organized into bins.

I sometimes feel like when I clean/organize it ends up messier than it was when I started. This floor was completely clear earlier.. sigh. For such small people, why do babies have so many things? 

I am jealous of your organizing skills. We ended up with TONS of boxes of diapers too. I had them in her closet up until about a week or two ago, there were just too many, plus a stack of them next to the crib so I moved them to another closet to store them so there would be more room. I organized her clothes by size on hangers. We don't have quite that many. I put anything 9 mo and up in a tote under the crib and put any newborn/3mos in her dresser drawer. I think I'm going to try and work the clothes out that way, whatever size she's in at the time will go into the drawers and the rest will remain hanging with the tags on til they're ready to be washed/worn.
  • @bunnywahl I live literally one mile from a big Target store, so it's practically my second home. It's a little too convenient if you ask my husband, haha. 

@yodiggity I'm 'fake organized' I think, because I'm a total disaster most of the time. I have my moments though. All of that is 9m-2T except for the top two little boxes that are 3-6 that still need washing. Everything else is stuffed in her dresser.. and once it gets worn, we'll likely go back to living out of laundry baskets.  ;) Hand me downs are awesome though! I got rid of almost 2 huge totes of what I didn't want too and still have all that crap. 
  • I really want to go to one of those second hand stores and go crazy but I am so paranoid that I am going to end up with too many clothes. I guess once she's here and I know what size she is it'll be easier to decide on sizing.
  • kimey1kimey1 member
    edited April 2016
    I need to organize the closet too but I need the dresser to arrive first - (it's coming in two days!). I'm a FTM working 2 days a week now so I have lots of time. I'm trying to precook and freeze foods, to read as much labor prep stuff I can, and to enjoy this calm before the storm. I doubt we will have this much quiet time until we become an empty nest again.
    So jealous of your closet @cmjenkies ! I only have two boxes of diapers and several handme downs. Everyone around me has bigger kids/ no kids/ boys. Sigh.
  • I feel like I organize and then reorganize some more. i have the clothes in other by month as well as my draws. Tomorrow I have my sisters coming over to help me reorganize the onesies. I saw something on Pinterest that I like more. 

I also just started watching Quantico and I'm totally hooked. 

• I just cleaned out all of my kitchen cupboards. I'm really ready for this baby to come!
  • @Kristenlaurenn WOW. Your closet looks amazing!!
  • @Kristenlaurenn now THAT is impressive. High five for being awesome. 
  • I cleaned our pantry out yesterday.  This is where all almost gone bags of chips, chex nix and cookies go to die.  I also organized the medicine cabinet in the bathroom and washed windows.  I really thought I'd have this baby with that burst of energy.  Just wishful thinking...
  • I cleaned our pantry out yesterday.  This is where all almost gone bags of chips, chex nix and cookies go to die.  I also organized the medicine cabinet in the bathroom and washed windows.  I really thought I'd have this baby with that burst of energy.  Just wishful thinking...
    This is what I keep thinking today while I clean my house. No luck though yet. 
  • I'm on bed rest now so I just told my husband I'm going to start working on some Shutterfly albums...those ones that I've never gotten around to but meaning to do.  Seems like a good bed rest activity.
    Ooh, have fun! I'm a Shutterfly junkie. I've done an annual  "family yearbook" since we got married and then have a few specialized ones (engagement pictures/wedding guestbook, wedding, DD's first year) and have one in process for DS. I'm horrible about printing pictures, so that gets them off the computer, and they just look so nice on the shelf in between bouts of nostalgia. 
    Anniversary 
    This is what I keep thinking today while I clean my house. No luck though yet. 
    I feel the nesting coming on...I've been a cleaning fool once I got home from work.  Cleaned out the fridge...where was this energy the last few weeks.?
  • We went through all our closets and dressers today and got rid of a huge amount of stuff- we also culled about 40 DVDs from our collection. Tomorrow, on to books!
  • Trying to wrap up my class ahead of time. It ends April 11.  I finished my discussions just need to knock out my paper (not fun).  I have a hair dye/cut and wax appointment today which I'm so excited for.   Nice to get in a little pampering one last time before baby. 

Also so big project for while I'm off has begun.   I'm Purging stuff from each room in the house one room at a time.  Master bedroom got done yesterday.  Time for the kids rooms.  Dusting and cleaning along the way.  I made a run to the goodwill yesterday with a ton of stuff.  Looking forward to making more.   Feels great to have the time to do this.  
  • I got use to doing nothing thanks to BR. Now that I'm free I think about doing stuff and start to regret it 30 mins later. Today's agenda: put clothes away, clean up a bit and maybe hit the pool. I'll start in a few hours  :D I'll probably nap as usual.