July 2016 Moms

Week of 3/28 Randoms

Re: Week of 3/28 Randoms

• @lolomommy1 I wish my nesting instinct would kick in! My house is a disaster right now/always. Good luck! 
  • @lolomommy1 YES! We just finished moving into our new apartment yesterday and now that we have a space for the nursery I want to buy all the things and organize everything. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Lindsayleigh1989 Awesome! The world needs more mental health professionals!!!
  • Thanks @theshannondee now if I can keep pregnancy brain and my general exhaustion and irritation at bay to study and remember things 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @rlopezlavalle it made you laugh that someone was being snotty with a creepy pregnancy image? Or was it was the 90's use of "whateva" that got to you? Either way, it wasn't funny or cute. 

Telling everyone to "calm down" is absurd and a sure-fire way to piss someone off. So how about you go calm down elsewhere. 
  • @Shelby00519 - I used the BTDT thread to get ideas and created a hospital bag packing list in my "notes" on my iPhone. Now whenever I think of something new i just add it to that list. I also do the same thing for vacation packing and it makes me less likely to forget things. 

I was lurking on the May (I think?) BMB and their going home outfits are SO CUTE! I found one I loved and added it to our registry. 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • I already have my going home outfit picked out! It's a size newborn though so if he can't fit in it I'm probably going to cry. Haha!
  • I already have my going home outfit picked out! It's a size newborn though so if he can't fit in it I'm probably going to cry. Haha!
    This is my problem too. I found what I want, but I don't know what size to get. Baby is measuring slightly big now  and he is a boy.
    My girls were tiny my whole pregnancy and they were girls. Dresses are ok to be long. 

And there is some great Easter outfits on sale right now.
  • austinjl said:
    A nurse at my prenatal yoga class recommended getting a peanut-shaped birthing ball for the last month or so of pregnancy.  Anyone heard of this before?
    I read about that... they actually were saying about bringing it to the hospital to help with birth... I get it's literally shaped like Mr. Peanut and helps to widen the pelvis... 
  • @PugsandKisses @Shelby00519 what kind of outfit suffices as a going home outfit? I feel like I need to start picking something special out now that I read your posts! 
  • I'm bringing one newborn size and one 0-3 month size. I have a one piece footy set with cap and mittens (in case it is early/late in the day or unseasonably chilly, it's also the 'newborn size' in case she's a large premie like my husband). I have another that is a short sleeve onesie, cap, mittens, and socks (in the 0-3 month to account for hot temps being routine out here and a baby that is more 'punctual' than early, or nearly a month late like me). I think two outfits it more than plenty. 

Unrelated, we have recently successfully transitioned our three 50-65 lb dogs to sleeping in their own beds on the floor. However, they know that 'weekend rules' apply and as soon as one of us gets up to use the bathroom and crawls back into bed, that 'cuddle time' has officially started. Half of me wants to make them get off until they are 'invited' onto the bed, the other half would feel bad for kicking them off because I won't be getting any more sleep today. I'm a pushover.
  • Painting DD's big girl room today and everything hurts. I think I'm maybe half done? At least I feel accomplished.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @PugsandKisses @Shelby00519 what kind of outfit suffices as a going home outfit? I feel like I need to start picking something special out now that I read your posts! 
    I'm going to end up taking a handful of outfits... DH was nearly 11lb and 24" long, so never really fit into newborn stuff, plus it could be triple digits or raining (yes, both are very real possibilities where I live). So I need at least a NB and an 0-3 outfit for both super hot and chilly/raining weather. But I'm a chronic over-packer anyway.

Now, can someone explain to me why I need a "maternity" swim suit? And why they are all super grandma-style full-coverage suits? I'm not expecting to look like a VS model at 40 weeks, but I feel like the designers of these things think "maternity" means I  have to be covered and "modest" or something. All my suits are 2 piece with ties, so super adjustable, and as long as my now-giant boobs and ass still fit I won't be buying a special suit. But maybe that's my FTM ignorance showing. 
  • @erin7264 I'm not wearing a maternity suit. I had to replace all of my cute b-cup bandeau tops with stupid d-cups (they are cute swim tops, I'm just mad at my boobs), but all of my bottoms still fit!
  • We're bring this whole set to the hospital but I want the shirt with puppy feet pants and hat to be his going home outfit. I'm also plan on picking a few more newborn things and some 0-3. We also have the matching swaddle blanket. I rather have too much stuff there then not enough.
  • I just bought a maternity suit to swim laps at the Y.  It's not cute, it's functional though.  I doubt it will last me all the way to the end.  My friend is giving me an inflatable pool and I imagine I'll be wearring sports bras and swimsuit bottoms when Im close to the end.
  • @erin7264  I am planning to wear my regular two piece this summer. Might be more likely to wear a coverup over it. I'm hoping my bump stats lovely and smooth and without stretch marks or linea nigra (now there's some FTM ignorance!)
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • mnkennedmnkenned member
    edited April 2016
    erin7264 said:
    @PugsandKisses @Shelby00519 what kind of outfit suffices as a going home outfit? I feel like I need to start picking something special out now that I read your posts! 
    I'm going to end up taking a handful of outfits... DH was nearly 11lb and 24" long, so never really fit into newborn stuff, plus it could be triple digits or raining (yes, both are very real possibilities where I live). So I need at least a NB and an 0-3 outfit for both super hot and chilly/raining weather. But I'm a chronic over-packer anyway.

Now, can someone explain to me why I need a "maternity" swim suit? And why they are all super grandma-style full-coverage suits? I'm not expecting to look like a VS model at 40 weeks, but I feel like the designers of these things think "maternity" means I  have to be covered and "modest" or something. All my suits are 2 piece with ties, so super adjustable, and as long as my now-giant boobs and ass still fit I won't be buying a special suit. But maybe that's my FTM ignorance showing. 
    I thought the same thing! My boobs are devouring my current suits so I had to buy a cheap bikini a size up, but it looks way cuter than the full coverage ones.

ETA: spelling
  • PugsandKissesPugsandKisses member
    edited April 2016
    @jlmartinez517 it is tradition in my family to really dress them up. My dd's were both in pink lace dresses. I am thinking some thing like this.

• mnkenned said:
    I thought the same thing! My biibs are devouring my current suits so I had to buy a cheap bikini a size up, but it looks way cuter than the full coverage ones.
    I think it's just another ploy to get us to spend $$. I just saw "maternity shoes" too. Seriously, I'm still wearing my cute strappy wedges so don't try to convince me I need to buy "sensible" shoes to wear just because I'm pregnant. Slippers at home, flip flops for everyday, and if I'm leaving the house I am wearing cute shoes. Not clogs or grandma shoes!

Guess I should dig out my suits and make sure everything still fits... if not I will probably just size up in a cheap CUTE regular suit, my B's turned to D's too @Nerdchild, and they are still growing. Not quite to DD status but a little too full in the regular D's right now. I've been lucky and so far don't have any stretch marks or anything to be self-conscious about. 
  • lolomommy1lolomommy1 member
    edited April 2016
    Just found out we might be moving to Portland in about a month. Kind of feeling anxious about the move but relieved at the same time.  My husband would be getting paid more plus the cost of living is cheaper.  I live in Orange County, Ca and rent is ridiculous, we cant afford a three bedroom house here and thats what we need.  Just so much to figure out, my head is going crazy. 
  • jlmartinez517jlmartinez517 member
    edited April 2016
    I visited Portland this past summer @lolomommy1 and would love to live there! Good luck with the move (if it happens) and enjoy - it's beautiful!
  • I have a totally non-baby related random question... 

My step-uncle and his wife sent us a wedding present (we got married last fall) that my mom brought me on my birthday last month. It's a terrible, ugly votive holder in the shape of a discus from Nordstrom (still has the barcode tag) that did not come with a receipt. Frankly, I have enough things to dust without adding a 10lb crystal votive holder that I'll never use to the list. 

I looked it up and it's a $50 candle holder. I've been told that Nordstrom is very forgiving and will accept returns without a receipt. I'm totally OK with store credit.... How terrible would it be to return it? I will never use it. Ever. It doesn't go with anything in my house and I have nowhere to put it, besides these people will never visit my house. If I don't return it I will probably donate it in a few years.
  • @erin7264 - definitely return it! better to get the store credit and buy yourself something you'll love and will actually use. I returned several off-registry wedding presents and have no regrets!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • @erin7264 For sure return it! There's no point in keeping things you don't like
  • @Racso12 where did you get those?? I've seen the "made in Wisconsin" onesies but they aren't as cute as those ones you have!
  • @whataboutscience when we painted my son's room, I was SO sore the next couple of days..I hope you feel okay.
  • @ButterMyBiscuit Yeah...I'm really sore and stiff. Maybe took on too much. I think the kneeling and squatting did it. Maybe an extra trip to the chiropractor will help, but my optimistic DH already warned me it's only going to feel worse tomorrow. At least he's still home to help with DD tomorrow.

Regarding swimsuits, I bought a maternity suit because I am not comfortable in a bikini pregnant or not. If you are and it still fits, I don't think there's any reason you need to buy a maternity one.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @schaze I got them at a local shop but you can also get them on mystatethreads.com. They have other states, too. I am so sad they don't have anything smaller than 6m though! 
  • Yes to target swimsuits!
    Also, this may be better under the deals thread but Kohls has tunic length tank tops in their juniors dept that are the perfect maternity length and super comfy cotton for $10 in a bunch of colors.  I got two but I think I'm gonna go back for more.
  • Ok is lightening crotch referring to the pelvic bone? A general burning sensation or vaginal pressure or all of the above? Because I can't get rid of a feeling I have bruised my pelvic bone near my vag. 

• TM14TM14 member
    I keep getting sharp coming and going pains in my low back. It's been for like 3 hours now. Trying to decide whether it's contractions or not.  :s
  • Ok is lightening crotch referring to the pelvic bone? A general burning sensation or vaginal pressure or all of the above? Because I can't get rid of a feeling I have bruised my pelvic bone near my vag. 
    From what I've read it sounds like sharp pains
    When I had what I referred to as "lightning crotch" it was actually a shocking type pain in my vagina. It wouldn't last long... Just random shocks of pain. I'm sorry you're having so much pain :( 
  • @maddmama thanks it isn't terrible I feel it more when I'm up and moving or bump it but it's tolerable for the most part I'm guessing just pelvis moving.