September 2015 Moms
Options

First Postpartum Period

I am EBF my 6mo who has recently started solids and sleeping slightly longer stretches (down to 1 MOTN feeding). I still have not gotten my period but I have been experiencing menstrual cramps the past few days. Did anyone experience this leading up to their period returning? It's like the misery of the period without the period yet. 

Re: First Postpartum Period

• Options
    Never had cramps before with my periods. But now post partum the cramps are for days leading up to my actual period. Back aches. Headaches. All of it. It sounds like you are having the same, sorry mama!
  • Options
    I did have cramps for about two weeks and then my period arrived. Also EBF and on solids now. This just happened two weeks ago for me so i was 27weeks. I hope that helps reassure you it may be on its way! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got my first period when LO was 5 months ... I was hoping it would stay away until I was done breastfeeding at one year, but no such luck. That's the trade-off of having a good sleeper I guess!

I did have some cramping before it arrived ... nothing unbearable, but I did notice it and thought it must be coming. My first cycle was extra long, so my next period didn't come for almost 40 days. Pretty sure this next one will be on time because I'm fairly sure I ovulated a few days ago ... I seem to be so much more in tune with my body now!