January 2016 Moms

Is he teething? Am I crazy.....

stm here but, I think my 10wk old might be at the start of teething. Seriously though..... He's drooling like bloodhound. The past few days and trying to bite my face and he goes after fingers and bites them hard. He's gnawing at his fist and any toy he can sort of get a grasp on. His other developments are normal it seams. He really can't grasp that well but he's making an effort. He can hold his head up well and loves to stand up and down over and over in my lap. I know he's strong enough to roll he just not trying yet. Smiles laughs blows bubbles ect. But teething no way I cant explain the gnawing though. Is anyone else's baby really starting gnawing drooling? My dd didn't until she was 4-5 m

Re: Is he teething? Am I crazy.....

• Yes my little one who is 11 weeks is doing the same.  Crazy! 
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    edited April 2016
    My son is 12 weeks and has been doing the same thing for about a week. If I hold him I get drenched in drool, I can't even think of a way to describe just how much drool he has haha he's also been on his hands so much he keeps gagging himself with them haha he doesn't seem to be teething but I'm a ftm so I really have no clue I just attributed it to finally learning how to put things in his mouth and maturing salivary glands but I don't know! 
  • Loading the player...
  • DS is 15w and does this.  At this point, I just chalked it up to him exploring/finding out he has fingers to shove in his mouth.  Lately, he has been full out sticking his tongue out as if he just realized he has that body part now too. He drools quite a bit and even sometimes will make a little raspberry noise with his lips.
  • Yup! I figured it was just a developmental thing
  • happymrs17happymrs17 member
    edited April 2016
    My LO does this as well. Drools like crazy. We found out at his 2 month appointment this week that this, along with other things, is a symptom of his reflux. She said its his body trying to produce extra saliva in response to the reflux to coat his throat and such. May not be the case for your babes, but thought I would share since it surprised me so much!!
  • My pediatrician said it was just his salivitory glands developing. My boy so 11 weeks and does the same thing
  • 9 weeks here and just started with the drooling. I figured it's either teething or reflux. 
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • DD is doing it too... my 15 month old started teething at 7 weeks! He had a swollen, white bump on his gums and was a total slobber monster. It was rough for a little while until he learned how to grab things to pull to his mouth to chew on. 
  • l4rkl4rk member
    It could be teething but it's usually just developmental. Saliva glands kick in around 2 months but babies swallowing without sucking ability is still forming.
  • I've been wondering about this! My daughter has been drooling more and more lately and I figured it was just her figuring things out with her mouth..but her gums kinda look like she has some teeth wanting to come in. Who knows!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We started with teething symptoms at about 10 weeks. He's full on shoving his fist into his mouth and gagging now. And he's sort of rubbing his bottom gums with his fist. Not to mention he's a drooling mess!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • I see his new pediatrician next week. I don't see anything different about his gums.we will see.
  • LO has been gnawing on his hands like crazy and starting to drool 
    the pediatritian looked in his mouth and said "oh yeah, he's probably starting to feel those teeth" 
    hes 3 months .. Yay 
  • My LO is 12 wks and been doing this for the last 3ish(?) weeks. I feel little bumps on her bottom gums and see white lines!
  • My LO bit my shoulder this morning! It was just a gummy pinch, but still! She's full on shoving her fist in her mouth, chewing on her clothes and blankets, really anything that gets close to her mouth is fair game at this point. 
  • @BarrettJ89 my girl is the same, she just takes her hands and shoves up to her mouth. Anything that's around her gets pushed in lol!