Infertility

March FET Buddies

Re: March FET Buddies

• @Rachd110 thinking of you and praying everything stays okay!  I agree, seeing the bright red blood is an immediate freak out moment (I had the same last week)!  Now every time I feel the slightest wet down there I immediately run to the bathroom to make sure it isn't blood (I'm doing endometrin vaginal inserts so that is usually the cause for discharge).  My doctor sent me home last week for rest and said keep the feet up, monitor the blood loss, and take it easy was stressed.  We had a consult with our doctor yesterday and he said he wouldn't be surprised if I have more bleeding in the first trimester....scary, but I'm very glad he warned me.  Enjoy the rest today :)
  • @mskeenan Any update?  Are you doing okay?
  • Loading the player...
  • So scary @Rachd110 but glad everything is ok.  I only had very mild spotting and the dr told me to expect more but it's not something that you want to see even if you know it's ok.  My ultrasound after the spotting was about 5 weeks 3 or 4 days and no heartbeat yet so hopefully by 6w 1 day or so on friday it will be there.  
  • First PIO shot done! It hurt, but wasn't too bad. Icing beforehand and heat afterwards really helped. I think DH was more nervous than I was. 
  • @JWilsonKC keeping you in my prayers hope all goes well.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • *TW* 

2nd beta: 513 

GL on your US appts tomorrow @JWilsonKC & @rachlee2010 (can't wait to hear!)
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @capps42613 you get your results back early! My clinic usually gets back to me by 4 pm. Great second beta! Congrats. :smile: 

• @capps42613 Congrats on the second beta!  Does your clinic do a third or you officially off the beta rollercoaster?  

AFM, we actually had our ultrasound yesterday morning (6 wks, 3 days) and we received confirmation of what was suspected last week....we have four growing babies!  The heartbeats were 112, 120, 121 and I forgot the fourth, but I believe it was 119.  Baby A has it's own gestational sac; Baby B also has it's own and babies C and D are together in a gestational sac, but each has their own yolk sac.  Our doctor has been doing this for 25 years and has never had both embryos split.  We should be able to find out from our clinic next week what gender embryos they put in.   

• @JWilsonKC that is crazy!! Congratulations!! All great heartbeats!! Especially for this early!!! Do twins run in your family? 
    @capps42613 great second beta!! Good luck Monday. I get my third in Monday as well!! 
    AFM I have the worst stomach ache. And I can't keep my eyes open. I have been taking a nap for the past three days!! 
  • Great beta @capps42613
    @JWilsonKC that's so crazy but so exciting.  What is the difference when they are in the same or different sacs? They are both sets of identical twins aren't they if both embryo's split?  

AFM I am starting to get nervous for my ultrasound tomorrow.  I am 6 weeks today and really hoping for a heartbeat tomorrow but nervous there won't be one.  I felt very good and normal and not pregnant today which worries me.  Tuesday my boobs hurt and I was super exhausted..yesterday I was tired but not as bad as tuesday. A bit tired today but not even feeling like I have to pee as often as I usually do..might just be my mind getting me scared..ugh.. can't wait to just know everything is ok!
  • @JWilsonKC Congrats x 4!!! :blush: 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @alexiskiriluk There is a couple sets of twins, but nothing reoccurring to where we thought it would happen to us or think it was genetic.  My mom's sister had twins, and that is the only case on my mothers side; on my father's side my grandma is a twin, but of her 5 kids none had twins and none of my cousins have had twins.  We have six frozen embryos and asked our doctor if we were to donate a couple to research if they would be able to determine if this was an IVF factor or a genetic factor - he said they wouldn't be able to determine unless they were implanted.  I really love the science behind all of this, so I wish there was a way to know.....and I'm pretty sure we won't be implanting any more.  :)

@rachlee2010 we aren't sure about the sacs.  With a traditional pregnancy I thought they usually said fraternal twins were in different sacs and identical were in the same (or so I thought), but clearly we know four babies were formed from two embryos.  The only thing we know so far is that them sharing sac is more dangerous to the babies (less room to grow and develop).  Good luck on your ultrasound today!  I can't wait to hear your results! 

• My ultrasound went great this morning. Everything measured as it should and we saw and heard a heartbeat of 105 beats per minute. I'm so relieved. The dr said af this point 87% of people go on to deliver a baby. We go back next Friday 
  • @rachlee2010 Congratulations!! 
  • @JWilsonKC wow congrats on two sets of twins! I believe fraternal twins are genetic and identical twins are not, correct? I just read the other day that depending on what day after implantation the embryo splits determines whether they are in their own sac or share one.

@rachlee2010 YAY! congrats on detecting the heartbeat. I'm really happy to see that 87% number your doctor gave you. It's puts me at ease. 

I can't believe I will be 7 weeks tomorrow. @JWilsonKC, I think we are the same, right? I have my next ultrasound on Monday. If everything is ok, we schedule a closeout appointment with my RE. I don't know if I'm ready for it. Do any of you know how long your RE is keeping you on progesterone?
  • @Rachd110 that makes sense on the splitting and if they share a sac because a very late split is when conjoined twins happens.  You are just one day ahead of me  :) I will be 7 weeks on Sunday. 

I don't have the protocol of "graduating" from my RE, however, they have me scheduled for blood work (to test estrogen and progesterone) on 4/4 and 4/11 and an ultrasound on 4/13 (at 8.5 weeks).  They have said generally if everything looks okay with the 8.5 week ultrasound they will start taking me off medicine.  I'm on two types of estrogen (estrace pills and vivelle patches) and two types of progesterone (endometrin vaginal inserts 3x/day and PIO every other day).  They said I can pick one estrogen and one progesterone to reduce and then we will decrease a little bit each week.  I can't wait to stop the endometrin, those things must go!  I have already told the nurse I will take shots over that.  I have been (and will continue) doing lovenox shots for the entire pregnancy....so honestly the PIO doesn't bother me. 

I'm hoping I can enjoy the pregnancy once I get past all these medication, for now I'm just worried if I take everything on time and at night I go through the list and make sure I didn't forget anything.   

• @JWilsonKC  Amazing and mind boggling news! I am happy for you and DH. Can´t wait to hear more news next week!
    @ssandberg Congratulations! I bet your confirmation beta was reassuring! So thrilled for you!
    @capps42613 YAY for your two betas! I am also so happy for you and DH!
    @halips FX for you next week!
    @rachlee2010  So glad your US went great! I can´t imagine hearing the heartbeat..beautiful.

AFM, I am going stir crazy. Between waiting for my first beta next Wednesday and the progesterone, I am not sleeping very well at all! I think I´ll POAS Monday which will be 7dp5dt (hope I put that right). I was concerned that I don´t have any spotting but that´s okay, right? My symptoms have just been the tiredness (shots?) and occasional twinges/cramping. It feels like pms but FX that it´s implantation.

• @Rachd110 my RE is having me stay on the estrogen and progesterone until 10 weeks and then stopping cold turkey.  What they said is it's overkill to stay on that long but they find it easier than starting to wean off at 8 weeks and by 10 the placenta is there doing what it should.  
    As for graduating they have me coming in for two more ultrasounds at 7 weeks and 8 weeks and the 8 week appointment is my last one. They told me to call my obgyn and make an appointment with them for around 9-10 weeks.  

@JWilsonKC i hear you on the endometrin..I am not on them this cycle but have been and hated them. I am on the PIO this time and def prefer a daily shot to the disgustingness of suppositories.  The nurse said to me yesterday that they offer most people at my point to switch to suppositories instead of shots but I"m in a study getting my meds for free so she can't offer that. I told her I wouldn't want to switch anyway! Ha
  • @saritafernandez not everyone spots, I didn't :) GL for when you do decide to POAS!
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • stranzmstranzm member
    edited April 2016
    All - I'm lurking today because I read this great article, and thought how you guys might like / appreciate it too.  I've done surprisingly well adjusting to my BFN, but I think it is because there were other things going on - sicknesses, hosting large party, etc. that distracted me quite a bit.  I had the heaviest AF of my life ... was totally freaked about having an accident while at work.  I guess that makes some sense with the drugs to increase the lining, but wow.  I meet with the RE this coming Friday to determine my next steps.  I'm hoping for the 3 mo. of meds and then a July fresh cycle.  I am fairly confident it will be my last IVF attempt and then I'll move forward with what I already have.

Anyway, here is the article:  https://www.scarymommy.com/my-infertility-struggle/

PS - A huge congrats to those who have gotten good news since my break.
  • **TW**

5wks, 3rd & final beta= 2,487
    1st u/s scheduled for next Wednesday 4/13!

****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @stranzm I'm glad to hear you are doing better. Sometimes it's great to keep busy, so you can distract yourself. Thank you for sharing the link, it's a great article and so true! I've gained so much from being part of this community. Everyone is very supportive. Good luck on your fresh cycle this summer. 

@capps42613 Great final beta! Glad you have your first ultrasound date! 

I had my ultrasound today. Baby has gotten so much bigger since my last ultrasound. He/She has a heart rate of 140 bpm and is measuring right at 7 weeks, 1 day and I'm 7 weeks 2 days, so everything looks good. The ultrasound tech did still see some blood outside of the gestational sac. She didn't seem worried. On her notes to the doctor she wrote, "hematoma" which sounds a lot scarier. I think I have one more ultrasound than I schedule a closeout appointment. 

I still can't believe that I'm pregnant. Both DH and I are cautiously happy. Five more weeks to go in the first trimester. 
  • @Rachd110 so exciting!!! Glad your ultrasound was great!! 

Just had my 3rd beta. I'm 5 w 4d and my beta was over 8000....can't remember the exact number but very happy! 

On another 
  • @capps42613 Yay for being done with the beta testing!!  I have my next ultrasound on 4/13 as well!

@Rachd110 Great news!  I too am excited to get through the first trimester. 

@alexiskiriluk Congrats!  How many did you implant?  Do they think it could be twins?

• @JWilsonKC we only put in one (that was all we had after PGS) so pretty sure it's only going to be one. Is there a higher chance of splitting with IVF? 
    Hiw are you feeling? I'm exhausted and I can only imagine how you feel, all busy and growing four babies!!! 
  • @alexiskiriluk There is a higher chance of splitting with IVF, but not much.  After our situation we asked a lot of questions (probably that we should have asked before hand!), but the doctor said with a normal pregnancy, the chance of an embryo splitting is 0.5%, with IVF it is 1.5%.  So still not huge, but slightly higher.  Either way, you have a strong beta which is great news!!  Exhausted, yes!  It's hard for me to understand because this is my first pregnancy, so I continue to wonder if what I'm feeling is normal or if it is because of multiples.  I guess it doesn't matter, my body needs to find a way to deal with it.  Pre-pregnancy I required 8 hours of sleep a night, now I get 10 hours and I am still very tired in the afternoon.  On weekends I'm taking a mid-afternoon nap; it's like I can't get enough sleep!  The nausea really set in this week, and "morning sickness" is a total joke as it lasts the majority of the day.  The first trimester can't pass by quick enough and I'm hoping for a much better second trimester!
  • Does anyone know the gender of their baby yet?  Our clinic called yesterday and said that they implanted a boy and a girl.  That however still doesn't solve our mystery, but I was still very happy to know what they implanted. 
  • @JWilsonKC ahhhh!! So that means 2 boys and 2 girls??? That's great!!! 
    We are having a boy! 

• @alexiskiriluk Congrats on a boy!  

The doctor won't say for sure what he thinks we have.  The guess would be two boys and two girls, but they don't know if one embryo split a couple times or if both split.  It's a dang mystery what is going on in my uterus!  :) 

• Beta came in.....BFP! 353!!!! DH called me with the good news. He couldn´t wait any longer, called the clinic, and they told him! It was kind of neat having him tell me, "you´re pregnant". We are thrilled!!!
  • @saritafernandez woohoo!! Congrats! What a great #. Wishing you a H & H 9 months.
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @saritafernandez Congratulations! I love that your husband told you, that is so fun!!

This group has had a very successful month! 

• Who has appointments this week?  Has anyone started the actual transition off medicine and/or finished with their RE yet?

I have an 8.5 week ultrasound on Wednesday at which time we will discuss decreasing fertility meds....and I can't wait!!! 

• @JwilsonKC 6 weeks today! Finally get to see my RE on Wednesday for our 1st U/S of our LO(s).
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • My ultrasound is tomorrow morning!!! Can't wait! 
    I can't wait to be able to stop taking the meds. Feeling pretty lousy! But I guess that's a good thing!! 
    Good luck @capps42613 can't wait for your owe how many ;-) 
    hope you are feeling well @JWilsonKC
  • I graduated from my RE this morning! I had my last ultrasound and consult with physician. Baby is measuring at 8 weeks, 2 days with a heart rate of 176. My hematoma has gotten much smaller and is healing, but my RE still wants me to take it easy. No exercise or household chores. I get to stop PIO, Crinone and estrogen pills at 10 weeks. My first appointment with my midwife is next Friday 4/22. So exciting, but I still can't help but worry. 
  • I have one appointment left with my RE..it was supposed to be Friday but it's a hard day this week with work for me and DH will be away so we pushed it to next monday..I wish i didn't have to wait a week. I will be 8 weeks 4 days at that point.  I then have my first appointment with my obgyn the following Wed at a day shy of 10 weeks.  I get to stop all my meds (PIO nad del estrogen shots on 4/28 when I am 10 weeks. Can't wait..my back is getting so sore from the shots.  

What's everyones symptoms at this point?  I have some cramping here and there..I had some mild nausea last week and fatigue.  I get so nervous that something will go wrong especially when I feel so normal.  Wish I didn't have to wait a while week to make sure everything is ok with our little one..
  • Had our first ultrasound today - 6.1 weeks. Well ladies, we've got TWINS! We are thrilled, but in shock too. We transferred two. 

Saw both heartbeats :) Our families are over the moon. 

I feel hungry all. the. time. As soon as I'm done eating I feel like I haven't eaten in days. It's a very odd feeling. Cramping has slowed down, but I get pinching in my ovaries, and dizziness still. I had spotting on Friday that scared me, but it went away. 
  • @alexiskiriluk GL today!!

@ssandberg 2 stickies?! Woohoo! Congrats x 2
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @capps42613 That's awesome!  The first ultrasound is a little surreal, but so fun! :)

@alexiskiriluk I can't wait to hear how your ultrasound went! 

@Rachd110 I am so jealous that you graduated from your RE!  You gave me hope saying you will be off meds by 10 weeks.  How awesome will that be?!  It will be like we get to have a 'normal' pregnancy after all we have been through.  :)

@rachlee2010 I hear you on being sore from the shots!  At first the PIO didn't bother me, but the past couple weeks I've been really sore.  We do them in the butt (more hip) area and it feels like my entire butt is sore. 

@ssandberg That's awesome!!  Congratulations!  Do you know what gender they transferred?  So excited for you!

My symptoms haven't changed a whole lot, the fatigue is a constant and I'm getting 10 hours of sleep a night; the nausea will be horrible some days and other days I'm fine; the hunger, it doesn't end- I think I would be terribly grossed out to count how many calories I'm consuming in a day.  I am craving apples, bananas, and cantaloupe so I suppose that is good but the nurse advise to watch out for cantaloupe and watermelon for excess water weight.  And on the not so healthy side, bread seems to really help fill me up.  I'm also trying cheese sticks this week and am hoping the protein sticks with me for a little longer.  I've read that the hunger slows down in the second trimester so I'm hanging onto that hope! 

You have all reminded me that I should probably schedule my first visit with the OB.  She has been informed all that we have going on (she performed my first surgery for ovarian cysts two years ago) so she is very aware of my history and fertility issues.  These visits however will be a much happier topic!