May 2016 Moms

Butt pressure

Moms who have had OP (sunny side up) babies-I'm 34 weeks pregnant and having a lot of pressure in my butt. I don't feel like I remember this from either of my girls, and I'm wondering if this might be a warning sign that he's settling in OP. Any input from voices of experience?

Re: Butt pressure

• PRAY...that he turns. Lol

Honestly, I wasn't sure what position DS was in until labor. & back labor is...a bitch. I'd go on to spinning babies if you are thinking he's OP & see what you can try.
  • My OB said that the downward pressure gets worse with each pregnancy, so it might just be that?  Still plenty of time to turn!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Loading the player...
  • Get going on Spinning Babies!
  • Are the exercises to promote proper position or just to help turn? If he's just low and not OP I don't want to impart
    in him the thought I would like him to change that. His head is 95% after all, and it is my 3rd, so he could just be pressing on everything. 
  • kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited April 2016
    When DS was in that position, I had a lot of butt pressure and persistent, achy lower back pain. He turned breech back to back with me before labor-- but it's much more common for OP babies to either stay in that position or to turn to the optimal position. 

Eta the spinning babies exercises shouldn't turn an optimally positioned baby, just a malpositioned baby. There's not a lot of control in how baby chooses to change position, though the exercises are supposed to encourage head down, facing the back.
  • Something like 90% of babies that are facing forward but head down will actually turn once contractions begin...that's half the point of them, to get baby in the right direction. My little one has been head down face forward for weeks now, I'm not worried for now as I'm hopeful she'll turn once the fun starts 
  • Something like 90% of babies that are facing forward but head down will actually turn once contractions begin...that's half the point of them, to get baby in the right direction. My little one has been head down face forward for weeks now, I'm not worried for now as I'm hopeful she'll turn once the fun starts 
    I do know that she's vertex, so this is helpful information
  • I was a sunny side up baby-everyone says that's why I'm so stubborn :)