May 2016 Moms

Food after delivery

2»

Re: Food after delivery

• STM here - so I've been consuming small amounts of what most of you would consider "banned" food from day one. However, I would really, really like a glass of champagne even though it will probably give me an instant headache. I think that would be a nice way to celebrate LO's arrival. Especially since this is my last pregnancy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • oh... this has been planned and is definitely going to be my 1st meal in the hosp after delivery...a roast beef with cole slaw and russian dressing on crusty italian bread with a side of red potato salad from the italian deli down the street!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Those of you who are having beer or champagne after baby's arrival, are you bringing it with you to the hospital? They will let you do that? That is so exciting  :D
  • Those of you who are having beer or champagne after baby's arrival, are you bringing it with you to the hospital? They will let you do that? That is so exciting  :D
    We were going to bring ours to the birthing center, but we're there a shorter amount of time than we would be at a hospital anyway so we decided we'll leave ours at home, unless someone visiting us decided to bring some. They did mention during our tour that once someone's entire family came, practically set up a catered buffet meal (I guess for the midwifes, nurses, etc.) and also had champagne so it wouldn't be a problem for us.
    I don't know if it's allowed but it's definitely happening. Sorta like how I was told only clear fluids while I'm labouring and I fully intend to eat proper snacks. Just try and take the granola bar from my hand and see what happens!!! 
    I told my Mom to bring it. How would the staff know if it was for consumption or a gift?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I figured if I've snuck beer into movie theaters, it can be done at a hospital.  I've also brought in BWW boneless wings into a movie theater once in college.  Best movie ever.
  • DutchLucyLuDutchLucyLu member
    edited March 2016
    All the rare/raw beef. Also, yes to pate.

DH has promised to cook me a nice rare steak with homemade peppercorn sauce for my first PP dinner and I can't wait.

• Mmmmmm....cold cut combo from subway. My husband is on orders to bring me one as soon as I can eat after the surgery

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                    Anniversary
  • A cold sandwich with wheat bread...lots and lots of turkey breast...
    I think I'd probably be too worn/stressed/grossed out though.
  • Last time I had Jimmy John's, a huge red Gatorade, Coke and a Sprinkles cupcake. I was happy about it. Maybe a repeat this time? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • js8812 said:
    Those of you who are having beer or champagne after baby's arrival, are you bringing it with you to the hospital? They will let you do that? That is so exciting  :D
    I figured if I've snuck beer into movie theaters, it can be done at a hospital.  I've also brought in BWW boneless wings into a movie theater once in college.  Best movie ever.
    You should come to NYC. I've seen people eating ribs (RIBS!) during an IMAX movie.
  • I want wing stop but it's in another town from our hospital. I will probably either pick chicken express with a large glass of sweet tea or Rosa tamale plate with a large sweet tea!! 
  • Last time I had Jimmy John's, a huge red Gatorade, Coke and a Sprinkles cupcake. I was happy about it. Maybe a repeat this time? 
    This is pretty close to my go to if I don't end up getting sushi. I told DH my choices and he just shook his head... I told him that after physically carrying our baby for 40 weeks and birthing said child he can deal with my food requests for one more day. :)
  • js8812 said:
    Those of you who are having beer or champagne after baby's arrival, are you bringing it with you to the hospital? They will let you do that? That is so exciting  :D
    You should come to NYC. I've seen people eating ribs (RIBS!) during an IMAX movie.
    The IMAX theater by my house has a bar! It's pretty awesome. 
  • Pepperoni pizza (with ranch dressing) and french fries (also with ranch dressing). I have GD so I've been avoiding carb heavy foods. Once baby is born, bring me all the carbs!
  • js8812 said:
    The IMAX theater by my house has a bar! It's pretty awesome. 
    When I saw 50 shades in the theater (I'm cringing to admit that), there was a girl sitting next to us with a full bottle of wine and glass, as in a proper glass not a plastic cup. She straight up didn't care who saw her topping up. I was totally jealous. 
  • Pizza, cake and ice cream since I have gd and can't really eat these things.
  • When it came down to it, I really didn't care what I ate as long as it was HEARTY. I ended up with a whataburger patty melt, fries, and Sprite. It was everything I could have wanted!
  • Par13Par13 member
    I've been thinking about this for basically as long as I've found out I was pg!

1st dinner after delivery: turkey hoagie, iced tea, and dairy queen
    2nd dinner after delivery: hummus and veggies from a local restaurant

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w