Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Pregnant Immediately Following Miscarriage!?

Hello lovely ladies! It has been a while since I've been on The Bump- I have been naturally working on missed miscarriage #2 (I was 6w along) since the end of October. My heart goes out to all who have experienced this horrible loss <3

I have been getting blood tests done at the end of each month, and my HcG levels still have not reached 0 yet. My levels have been: December 2015- 1300s, January 2016- 801, and February- 720. I received the results from my latest test ( it has been a month since receiving Feb's results) and it has gone up a point: March- 721. :o It was my Doc's Medical Assistant that called with the results. She asked if I had unprotected sex at all since the last test, and I have. She said she is going to speak with the Doc and call me back.

I am totally nervous. My first MC was the end of December 2014 (11w along), I had D&C the following January 2015. I'm nervous because I know D&C may be necessary if my HcG stops going down. However, I am more nervous about possibly being pregnant and the health of the baby.

Has anyone had experience with conception right after MC? 

I am so blessed to have the love of my life, my DH, est. November 2008.

BFP#1 Nov 2014, Missed MC at 11w, D&C on 01/06/2015

BFP#2 Sept 2015, Missed MC at 6w, Methotrexate injection 3/25/16, released from Doc 5/17/16

BFP#3 Oct 2016, Chemical

Re: Pregnant Immediately Following Miscarriage!?

• Options
    ThePax89ThePax89 member
    edited March 2016
    I got pregnant 2 weeks after my last m/c. (I never got my period in between). I do not say the following to make you nervous. I lost the second pregnancy as well...I asked for genetic testing and my baby had trisomy 16, a common genetic disorder that causes m/c. In other words, I did not lose that pregnancy because of the close proximity to the first loss. I know another girl who got miscarried right after my first loss and got pregnant when I did. She is still happily pregnant. 
  • Options

Thank you for your comment. I am so sorry you have had to go through that. I never did get my period either.

BFP#2 Sept 2015, Missed MC at 6w, Methotrexate injection 3/25/16, released from Doc 5/17/16

BFP#3 Oct 2016, Chemical

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry for your losses.  Sometimes HCG can be slow to fall.  When I had HCG results pretty close together 2 weeks in a row, but dr brought me in for an ultrasound to look for retained material (I had none at that point, turns out mine was just going down slowly).  GL and hope you get some answers soon one way or the other (and preferably however it is you are hoping)!
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    I just got a call back from the Medical Assistant- Doc wants me to come in for another test in 2 days to see if it is getting higher. I will update when I get the results.

BFP#3 Oct 2016, Chemical

• Options
    ThePax89ThePax89 member
    edited March 2016
    Good luck. I hope that if it is another pregnancy that it is healthy and beautiful. 
  • Options
    Update- I finally got a call back from the doc. My HCG has been the same (give or take 1 mIU/ml) for over a month. I am going in for some blood testing today, after which I will start medication to induce expulsion. Honestly I am ready to try something different. After 5 months of constant cramping, fatigue, other phantom pregnancy symptoms, and random bleeding, I am very ready to be well again. At least we are moving forward :) 

BFP#3 Oct 2016, Chemical

• Options
    Have you had a transvaginal u/s?  That could show retained material, which could be why your HCG is slow to fall/not falling.  I had thought I was in the clear after an u/s a few weeks ago showed nothing, but yesterday my RE actually saw retained tissue that I guess was hiding before (?).  I hope you get some relief soon.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    @BrightenMySky I have not had a transvaginal US through this whole process. I guess since my numbers hadn't budged in a month the doc determined there must be remaining tissue. I went in Friday the 25th and got a Methotrexate injection. Not much has changed since then. I have had a few more cramps, a little more discharge/spotting, but nothing major. I am going back Monday to do another hCG test. I'm hoping it is substantially lower, if not 0!

BFP#3 Oct 2016, Chemical

• Options
    I'm so sorry, @2fitBees   This epically blows. 
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this. I can't imagine having to have your mc be drawn out so long. I'm praying that your levels will go to 0 so you can put this behind you and begin to move forward.