May 2016 Moms

*** Thursday TWIN Check-In 3/31 ***

How many weeks/days are you? 

Any updates from recent Dr's appointments? 

Do you have names picked out?

Will your DH or SO be able to take time off to help when the babies are born?

Any questions for the group? 

Grow babies, grow!!

Re: *** Thursday TWIN Check-In 3/31 ***

• How many weeks/days are you?  33 weeks + 6 days

Any updates from recent Dr's appointments?  yesterday I had a sonogram and NST.  I am really happy and amazed that both boys are estimated to weigh 5 lbs each!  

Do you have names picked out?  NO!  DH and I REALLY need to make a point to discuss this.  We have a rough list that we both jotted down long ago.  I really like Luke and I know Paul is on his list (special family name).  Paul didn't jump out at me as a name I can picture giving my baby but I think it's growing on me.  We need to have a good idea on names but we definitely won't officially name them until we 'see' them at the hospital. 

Will your DH or SO be able to take time off to help when the babies are born?   Yes, my DH has a pretty flexible job (his boss had triplets so he knows what that is like!).  It's a super small company (~6 people) so they're flexible but they also don't have many others to pick up the slack.  I can see DH working partial hours.  My mom is a teacher and will have the summer off so I think it'll be most helpful for DH to take time off at the beginning. 

Any questions for the group? Do you have any hospital bags started yet?  I don't, but need to. 

• How many weeks/days are you? 30w5d

Any updates from recent Dr's appointments? you might say that! Had growth scan yesterday and both babies are doing great. One is 4 lbs 1 oz the other 3 lbs 1 oz. This morning I saw my OB and I am 3 cm dilated, so they sent me to the hospital. I am having contractions 5 minutes apart on the monitor but I can't feel them at all! They are waiting to see if I dilate more and if so, they will transfer me to a hospital with all new people because of how early I am. Not a happy camper right now but trying to be positive. 

Do you have names picked out? HAHAHA nope. We haven't even talked about it. I guess we'll have to figure it out soon!

Will your DH or SO be able to take time off to help when the babies are born? we don't really know. His boss said yes but there is nothing official policy wise. 

Any questions for the group? no. Just keep me in your thoughts that this is a false alarm and I can go home in a couple days and let these girls cook longer! 

• Loading the player...

• How many weeks/days are you? 32 tomorrow 

Any updates from recent Dr's appointments? Apt tomorrow 

Do you have names picked out? Sam Oliver and Alice Tricia

Will your DH or SO be able to take time off to help when the babies are born? Husband's job gives him 6 weeks, plus he's been saving vacation. I'm taking until at least August.

Any questions for the group? Nope

@2.red.heads my bag is packed and in the car. not much in it, loose skirt and shirt to go home in, sports bra and nursing bra, bathroom stuff, phone charger. We're only about two miles from the hospital so if I want anything else someone can bring it to me

@khochanadel oh my goodness girl, good luck! Hope everything calms and they can stay put!

Grow babies, grow!!

• @khochanadel girl I'm keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed for you! I hope those babies stay put a while longer!
  • Oh man @khochanadel!   I hope it's just a false alarm too!  I'll be thinking about you.  Just try to enjoy the rest and being waited on...
  • I guess I have a hospital bag packed now since we had this little incident! I'm not even going to bother with a going home outfit for baby since A. who knows what will fit. B. who knows how long babies will spend in ICU.

Both our nurses yesterday told us we needed to get on deciding names, so we spent some time in my hospital room and came up with our babies names: Alexandra Joy and Elise Royal.

They're going to check me again around lunch time to make sure I haven't dilated any more. If not, I'll get to go home and be on bed rest til these ladies come. If so, I'll have to get transfered to the mega downtown hospital with a level 1 NICU and probably stay there til delivery. YUCK! Fingers crossed, peeps!

• Good luck lady!! And such beautiful names!!

(holy crap I forgot to put the going home outfits in my bag lol)
  • Home from the hospital now - didn't dilate any further and no contraction pattern so I get to go home and at least bed rest from here instead of a hospital room. Fingers crossed that I can keep these babies in here as long as possible!!