September 2015 Moms
Options

This "grey" fussy period is killing me

Ok so I've got a pretty chill lo. He has slept through night since 4 1/2 months. He rolls with whatever schedule let's anyone hold him etc. The last few night he screams bloody murder when I leave the room. The bump said not to rush back in etc but it's killing me. He's not a big crier so I always think when he's crying he's really upset. Any support suggestions would be helpful 

Re: This "grey" fussy period is killing me

• Options
    I had the same experience.  My LO does really good with independent play but there were a few weeks when he wanted me in his sight 24/7.  At bedtime I would stay in the room or next to the crib and comfort him but only picked him up when he got upset.  If he was just grunting or fussing I wouldn't intervene, just stand or sit with him.  It worked for both of us.  
  • Options
    We got teething, grey period and a nasty cold all going on at once. I am so going to go crazy before anything else gets added.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Teething? When my baby is about to pop a tooth he'll have a few nights of crying often throughout the night. Object permanence is supposed to be kicking in.
  • Options
    He got two teeth 3 weeks ago but still chewing on everything so maybe more teeth soon.
  • Options
    DD was doing this also.  She cried like her feelings were hurt, not that she needed a bottle or diaper change.  I just picked her up and rocked for a few minutes and set her back down. Once in the crib she rolled to her side and sucked her thumb and I rubbed her head and back until she closed her eyes.  This went on for two weeks and she's out of that phase now. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker