December 2015 Moms

Overstimulation

My LO is 3 1/2 months old and recently he has been so cranky any time we are anywhere that is loud. We went to dinner last night and he cried and was so cranky and as soon as we got home he was as happy as can be. This is the second time this has happened and I've come up with it being caused by loud environments. We have always had him everywhere we go and he has never acted this way. 

Any one else going through this with their littles? or gone through this with their previous babies? 

Re: Overstimulation

• I thought we had this problem, then I tookDS out of his car seat and just had him in the stroller. Turns out he wanted to see all the things 
  • I thought we had this problem, then I tookDS out of his car seat and just had him in the stroller. Turns out he wanted to see all the things 
    Same, I always have to take her out at restaurants.
  • Loading the player...
  • I always take him out to. And I let him sit so he can look around. 
  • I was at a restaurant with my XH and his dad yesterday and he took her out of the car seat because she was fussy and the Chinese lady was like "no! Don't hold! If hold baby cry!" And she made him out her back and she was like buckling her back up in the seat and we were just like "??????" And she was playing with her car seat toys and trying to get her to laugh but she wasn't having it and I just left in the middle of lunch and took her to the car and fed her. 

But it why would you like, force us not to hold our baby. It was annoying to me. X then said "see I'm not the only one who tells you not to hold her every time she wants" And I told my husband that babies can't be manipulative this young and he's like "yeah whatever" and rolls his eyes. 

Sorry. Rant. 
  • I was at a restaurant with my XH and his dad yesterday and he took her out of the car seat because she was fussy and the Chinese lady was like "no! Don't hold! If hold baby cry!" And she made him out her back and she was like buckling her back up in the seat and we were just like "??????" And she was playing with her car seat toys and trying to get her to laugh but she wasn't having it and I just left in the middle of lunch and took her to the car and fed her. 

But it why would you like, force us not to hold our baby. It was annoying to me. X then said "see I'm not the only one who tells you not to hold her every time she wants" And I told my husband that babies can't be manipulative this young and he's like "yeah whatever" and rolls his eyes. 

Sorry. Rant. 
    I would have lost my shit!
  • I'm too shy to lose my shit. Not shy just learned to be non confrontational (guess who made me that way!). If it was just me I would have just said "no it's okay, I know what she wants" 
  • We also take DD out of the stroller/car seat at restaurants. She wants to see the world. Sometimes we even have to carry her when we're at the store or elsewhere. She may just hate her car seat that much, but I think she likes to see her environment.
  • Same kind of thing here but noticed it when we had company over or at someone's house and I was holding her or husband holding her and other people trying to interact with her.  She kept getting really fussy and only calming down when we left or went into an empty room. Then last time it happened I set her down propped on the couch (instead of bouncing and holding her trying to soothe) and she was suddenly social and calm. Who knew?!? So we joke that she doesn't want to be a baby, she wants to be a big girl at the party. LOL. 
  • I do notice he is more independent and likes to be set down doing his own thing! @millieb14 but at places like a restaurant that's not possible! Maybe when he is able to sit up and can sit in a high chair he will be happy! I just couldn't believe such a change in his attitude.. He is a very happy baby, hardly cries. So I was a little concerned with this change in his behavior.