August 2016 Moms
Options

PGAL check-in 3/28

Weeks:

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to):

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:

Questions?

GTKY: If you could give $50,000 to charity, which charity (or charities) would you give it to?

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016

Re: PGAL check-in 3/28

• Options
    Weeks: 18w1d

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): A/S ultrasound on Wednesday!  So excited!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  Sending positive vibes to you all!  Total FWP: Kind of anxious about the timing of things over the next few weeks-- my ultrasound is on Wednesday and here most of the techs will refuse to tell you the sex of the baby.  So, we probably have to wait for the midwife to get the results. I'm going to Japan (yay!) for work the following week, so if the results don't get to her before I leave, I will have to wait nearly two weeks after the a/s to find out.  Obviously it doesn't matter in the long run, but I still want to know! :)

Questions?

GTKY: If you could give $50,000 to charity, which charity (or charities) would you give it to?  Probably Doctors Without Borders, the Fistula Foundation and some local ones.

• Options

Weeks: 18w4d

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to):  I am looking forward to my 20 week mark - half way point.  I feel like I am one of the last ones on this board so it will be great to catch up!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: We had our anatomy scan last Friday and it was so awesome.  It is such a miracle that they are swimming around in there.  We saw her toes and fingers and she was scratching her face. 

Questions?

GTKY: If you could give $50,000 to charity, which charity (or charities) would you give it to?

Love this question.  I would probably give it to a children's cancer research center and the MS Society.  My father has had MS for 25 years and that is one that hits close to home

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Katienu I'm behind you!  I won't be 20 weeks till April 10 (which is the due date for the baby I lost, so bittersweet). 

Good choice on the MS Society.  One of my favourite co-workers has MS.  She's an amazing person and it makes me sad that some of her life plans have been curtailed by it.

• Options
    Weeks: 21w2d

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): I'm also looking forward to 24 weeks, but my anatomy scan is 23w3d so that is the next milestone coming up.  :)

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I love feeling so much more movement. I feel like I'm lacking in the nursery department, though. I have nothing done. Eek. I have a three day weekend coming up so I figure I will finally get my start on it Friday. 

Questions?

GTKY: If you could give $50,000 to charity, which charity (or charities) would you give it to? St. Jude's and a local missionary group that helps provide medical assistance and builds shelters in Haiti. They let me join them in 2011 for 2.5 weeks and it was life changing.
  • Options
    Weeks: 
    20w5d

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to):
    24 weeks and my next general appointment in April

Got some great maternity dresses from a friend who just had her baby. Yay free clothes!  Felt some things that could have been movement. Still isn't totally definitive for me but definitely seemed like that was probably it.

Humane Society, Planned Parenthood, Student Conservation Association

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Weeks: 22 weeks

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to):  viability in 2 weeks! GD screening coming up too.

rant: round ligament pains hurt, and I still can't find maternity pants thst fit, I am stuck with one size up pants that fall down.

rave: got a picture of the baby smiling at the last ultrasound, and I am starting to be able to feel kicks on the outside! But DH hasn't caught one yet.

concern: my BP  was elevated at my last appointment, I am home monitoring and it is stressing me out (does not help the BP to stress out).

Questions?

GTKY: If you could give $50,000 to charity, which charity (or charities) would you give it to?  this question strangely stresses me, optimizing good and all that. Off the top of my head, The Cat House on a the Kings, maybe some to planned parenthood and PBS.
  • Options
    Weeks: 20w3d

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): follow up from my anatomy scan in a couple of weeks (just need better pictures of his face) and a regular check up then too. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: feeling pretty good. For some reason 20 weeks felt like a really big milestone to me. Maybe it's just the idea that I've made it halfway through. Positive vibes to all!!

Questions? Nope

There are a couple of eating disorder organizations I would give to as this is a personal passion of mine, and what my work is focused in. Planned parenthood is another, as well as city harvest which is a food program for people in need in NYC. 

@shelbiboston I have nothing done for the nursery at this point, if it makes you feel better! We're going to be moving in July so I feel like I can't even plan anything until then. I figure the baby will sleep in our room for the first couple of months anyway so I'm trying to just be relaxed about it.  

• Options
    Weeks: 19 w 6 d

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): Next appt is in 2 weeks. Little disappointed this won't be my anatomy scan. My Dr doesn't do them until after 24 weeks.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: So my rant is I wish my dr did the scan earlier, I really wish we were seeing baby again sooner. I'm starting to really feel what I think is baby moving, but seeing baby would make me feel better. Its been quite awhile since we last got to see him/her. Sorry for all the whining!

Questions?

GTKY: If you could give $50,000 to charity, which charity (or charities) would you give it to? I'd donate it to SAFE which helps spouses and family of first responders who have died in the line of duty.
  • Options
    Weeks: 21w1d

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): I'm looking forward to hitting the 24 week mark, which is also when my next Midwife appointment is!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm feeling pretty good (aside from heartburn and a diminished appetite)! We're working on painting and completely re-doing the spare room, which is going to be my daughter's new bedroom (it's bigger than her current room, just needs some TLC). It's a lot of work so I'm grateful that my hubby is a Carpenter and is willing to do so much. We're hoping to have her bedroom finished by next week, and we're re-decorating my step-son's room this week as well! After all, can't give one kid a brand new room and not do something special for the other. :wink: 

Questions? 

GTKY: I'd probably split it between two local charities - CASA and the Sienna Francis House. 
    CASA is an advocacy group for foster children. I've been a volunteer with them for a while and they're a wonderful organization. They do so much for the children in the foster care system.
    The Sienna Francis House is a local homeless shelter, but they do sooo much more than just house and feed the homeless. My dad, who was a drug addict and alcoholic for most of his life, went through their FREE treatment program and graduated about 2 years ago. For the first time in his entire life, he's completely clean and sober for TWO WHOLE YEARS. I think that what they're doing by providing free services like that is absolutely amazing; they literally save lives. 
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Thanks @Fremdschamen! I was crazy busy last week and hardly on at all. I did end up reading last week's update later in the week but didn't jump in. 
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    @bananers lol I totally worried about you last week! Glad you're here!
  • Options
    Weeks: 21 weeks and 6 days!

What's next: had the anatomy scan at 20 weeks (ive been MIA for awhile). We're having a girl!! First girl on my husbands side in generations! Was also told that I have an anterior placenta which is why I wasn't feeling much movement.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I have begun feeling movement, mostly in the evenings when i'm laying down. Since the anatomy scan my PGAL brain has flared. Now this baby has an identity, a name, I can't bear to lose her now. I'm so scared. I know that my m/c's were chromasonal, i have no auto immune or clotting disorder but My only experience with pregnancy is loss. I havent bought anything and keep telling my husband I want to wait until she will be viable outside the womb, I know its not rational. Is this normal? 

Questions?

GTKY: this is hard, there are so many that need donations. I worked as a research coordinator in oncology for several years before "retiring" a year ago. I worked w/lung cancer patients and there is such a need for research funding for several solid tumor cancers. I'd probably give to the NIH or specific solid tumor group.