May 2016 Moms
Options

Stm- diastasis recti

Dr. says I have a pretty clear case of diastasis recti. Have any stm+ dealt with this? What were some things (exercises or resources) that you found to be helpful after delivery? Did your abdominal muscles ever return to normal? 

Re: Stm- diastasis recti

• Options
    This is my second pregnancy, and my OB mentioned this at my appt last week.  She says she is not sure that I will develop it, but that time will tell.  I've heard that is it important to heal before beginning abdominal exercises, but I'm not sure.  I hope to learn more!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Following along as I have DR as well. I feel like there are a million conflicting opinions out there on how to deal with it, and it's frustrating.

@kbrands7 - what kind of binder did you get?
  • Options
    How can they tell if you have it already? 
  • Options
    When I laid down on the table to hear the heartbeat I sat up and she could see and feel the separation.  My belly looks like ^ when I lay down and have my head up if that makes sense.  The area around my belly button is also flat and soft instead of round like the rest of my belly.  
  • Options
    @GoatSnakeMouse I used a Squeem-- it worked for my abs, but the downside was that I had to wait a few months before it was bearable to wear over my incision. Squeems tend to be very tight feeling. This time around I'm going to use a Bellefit.
  • Options
    Yep so pretty sure I have this too. I have the little peak at the top of my belly when I'm in a crunch position and my hubby was feeling between my abs...there's definitely a gap. Seriously could pregnancy destroy my body anymore? I'm so excited that I get a baby out of this but holy hell its messing with my body confidence something shocking! 
  • Options
    @ayeshaohara Be kind to your body postpartum, and it will very likely spring back. Pregnancy and birth did a NUMBER on my body with DD, and everything snapped back pretty well after plenty of healing time---except for my abdominal muscles. I'm using a bellefit this time to help my diastasis recti and to support my pelvic floor as it heals.
  • Options
    araecasey said:
    @ayeshaohara Be kind to your body postpartum, and it will very likely spring back. Pregnancy and birth did a NUMBER on my body with DD, and everything snapped back pretty well after plenty of healing time---except for my abdominal muscles. I'm using a bellefit this time to help my diastasis recti and to support my pelvic floor as it heals.
    Thank you :) I also have a bellefit ready to go!!
  • Options
    Fingers crossed, ladies!! I'm putting a lot of trust in this teeny corset LOL
  • Options
    I am pretty sure I have this too. I am going to ask my midwife about it at my appointment on Monday. I am pretty sure it's because I kept doing core strengthening exercises (mainly just sit ups/crunches on an exercise ball so I was never laying flat) and I think that did it. :/ I'm upset!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    I thought it was weird that my belly made this "^" shape when I was laying down but my head was up, so I think I'm in the same position. Where can I get a bellefit? 
  • Options
    araecasey said:
    Fingers crossed, ladies!! I'm putting a lot of trust in this teeny corset LOL
    You and me both. I did laugh a little when I pulled it out of the box and thought...umm how am I even gojng to get this on. Told my hubby he might have to help squish me in like a sausage! 

@RSaini you can get them online!! 
  • Options
    @ayeshaohara thanks!! I'll look into it! 
  • Options
    It is a tiny corset! @ayeshaohara and @araecasey : did yours also come with some extenders? That made me feel better about my sizing decision. We'll see what I say once I try to put it on. Did you also get the compression tank? That's also super small! I don't have a huge chest, but I do wonder how breastfeeding boobs are going to fit in there! 
  • Options
    KidShrink said:
    It is a tiny corset! @ayeshaohara and @araecasey : did yours also come with some extenders? That made me feel better about my sizing decision. We'll see what I say once I try to put it on. Did you also get the compression tank? That's also super small! I don't have a huge chest, but I do wonder how breastfeeding boobs are going to fit in there! 
    No it didn't come with extenders but I did read a review on their website that said they will send them to you if you need them. 

I I ordered before the deal with the compression tank so didn't get that either. My boobs are enormous anyway so they likely wouldn't have fit 
  • Options
    Maybe they realized they might as well send them! Mine came with two sets, so you can use one at the crotch, and one on the front if needed (or both in one place I guess?). I didn't ask for it, but certainly won't complain!
  • Options
    yup I tried on my bellefit (not over my belly but over my hips) and it definitely seems like I'll be needing extenders! SO small! but I guess that's the point?
  • Options
    babyfmama said:
    yup I tried on my bellefit (not over my belly but over my hips) and it definitely seems like I'll be needing extenders! SO small! but I guess that's the point?
    You're brave even attempting to do that much!!!