Parenting after 35

Weekly check-in March 20

How was your week?

QOTW: what other Bump boards do you participate or lurk on?
Me-37, DH-38
Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

Re: Weekly check-in March 20

• Hi everyone- I know it's been awhile since I checked in.  Every time there is an update my app stops working right and I kind of gave up.  I am also so busy chasing a two year old, I don't have the same time and motivation to get on here that I used to have.  Looks like the board is pretty quiet so I'm guessing others are in the same boat.

Since my app is currently working, I'll throw out an update...

My daughter is doing great, she is so full of energy and into everything all the time, I have to watch her like a hawk.  We are potty training because she decided she wanted to wear underpants...it's up and down...she has great days and days we change five times.  She won't poop on the potty yet so I put her in a diaper around the time of day I suspect she needs to go.  I think it's going to be a long ride.

Meals are a struggle.  She's become a typical picky toddler.  Gosh I miss the purée stage when she would eat all the vegetables!

As for me, I am still trying to accept that we won't have another, but I'm doing better.  Right now I am struggling with having gained weight and not having the energy I want.  I need to get myself back on track.  My daughter and I both came down with the chicken pox in January (this is my fourth time) and I have eaten like crap and gotten no real exercise ever since.  I need to get it together.

I was asked to write a blog for my friend's new website and I was getting paid to do it, but it didn't end up being the right pairing for me- I was unhappy with the editing and they weren't posting as often as we agreed so I was getting a huge backlog of writing...I chose to part ways and now I'm just posting my blog on Facebook.  Although it's disappointing that I'm no longer getting paid, I feel better being able to write and post when I want to, and the integrity of my writing will now be respected.  It's been good for me personally to be writing.

My hubs and I had some rough times around Christmas but we're doing better now.  He seems to be making an effort to be more present and be more aware of his actions and words.  Hopefully we are on the right track.

I can't think of any other big news.  I hope everyone is well.  Sorry I'm so MIA.  I do think of everyone even when I don't post.  Happy Spring!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Hope everyone who celebrates had a happy Easter!

@Guennie - good to hear an update from you! Wishing you all the best with potty training and toddler feeding. How on earth have you had chicken pox four times??! That sounds terrible :(

We've been good - spent a long weekend at the beach, which was fun. I survived my first solo flight with LO, which was very short and went smoothly. LO is 10 months this week and getting really mobile. Wants to be crawling, standing and cruising all the time. His first Easter was fun but looking forward to next year when he can participate more.

Me-37, DH-38

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Loading the player...
  • Hello everyone. I'm checking in a week late. :)

were moving this weekend!! Then we go on another trip so ... Busy, busy!

our toddler is adopted!!

thinking of potty training when we get home. 
  • ^^ Thanks for the update - congrats on the finalized adoption and move!   
    Me-37, DH-38