September 2016 Moms

*~*Thursday Ticker Change*~* 3/31

How many weeks?

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?

GTKY: Anybody planning pranks for April Fool's Day?  Or have a good one from year's past they like to share?  (Can be something silly from childhood or more elaborate.)
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: *~*Thursday Ticker Change*~* 3/31

• I am 16 weeks today!  I think the baby is the size of a dill pickle :) My next appointment is April 28th for the anatomy scan.

So a few things that have been going on... I am itching like crazy!!  My legs, my stomach, and my boobs.  I know that it is probably just the skin stretching but omg... its so bad!! I also feel like my stomach is getting too big!!  I've only gained 5 lbs so far, but my stomach gets so tight and hard right above my belly button.  Its the craziest thing and completely opposite of what I thought would happen.  I think I felt a movement the other day... it felt like everyone says that first movement will feel like, but it was right at my belly button.  I know there is a healthy baby girl in there but I just feel like my body is changing in all the opposite ways it normally happens!!  Does that make sense?  I know every pregnancy is different... but I know this baby is in my lower abdomen and not above my belly button!!  

• How many weeks?  18 wks

What size is baby?  Sweet Potato 

Upcoming appointments?  20 wks check on 4-13 and U/S on 4-15

Rants/Raves/Questions?  People want to touch my bump.  I don't like being touched by anyone but my husband and child.  Please STOP!!  I need to tattoo it on my forehead lol.  Maternity clothes are finally fitting.  They have been too big up until this point.  Thank the Lord for elastic waist pants!  

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  I finally have energy and it's fantastic!!  I crave donuts, cheeseburgers and chocolate.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • How many weeks?

14.  Second trimester!!!

What size is baby?

Lemon

Upcoming appointments?

April 10th, and that's fine.  I feel like I've had so many appointments (I know there will be even more) but having this little break has been nice.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I still haven't bought one thing for baby.  I'm surprised at myself.  I thought I would want to buy at least a cute little outfit when I found out she's a girl.  It's a weird feeling.  I know it's happening, but I fee like its something that is not going to happen for a long time yet (even though the time will be here before I know it and I'll be scrambling to get ready).  I wonder if anyone else hasn't started really prepping or buying.

Still with some occasional morning sickness and had a restless night last night.  Feeling better but not totally coasting just yet.  I had a sparkling flavored water yesterday which was the first time I've craved something other than plain water in so long.
  • How many weeks?
    16 weeks!
    What size is baby?
    Avocado.
    Upcoming appointments?
    I have a check up next Friday. I'll be doing a gestational diabetes test then.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?

Headaches. Maybe from not drinking enough water, so I've been drinking a lot. 
    GTKY: Anybody planning pranks for April Fool's Day?  Or have a good one from year's past they like to share?  (Can be something silly from childhood or more elaborate.)
    I've never really gotten into pranks. I enjoy hearing about them, but I do not like to play pranks or to be on the receiving end. 
  • How many weeks? 15 woohoo! Idk why but this just feels like a nice number finally :)

What size is baby? Naval Orange

Upcoming appointments? Today! My first appt with my midwife and mommy group! My hospital does this program where your monthly appts are with a group of 8-10 women all due within two weeks. You each meet with the midwife individually in a private room for the exam part, but the the rest of the time is spent asking questions and getting to know the other mommas. It's a great find to find a "group" of women in the same place as you!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? My morning sickness seems much more controlled with the zofran now. Thank goodness. I finally gained all the weight I lost from being sick so I'm ready to finally be sitting on the + side now!

GTKY: Anybody planning pranks for April Fool's Day?  Or have a good one from year's past they like to share?  (Can be something silly from childhood or more elaborate.) Not much into pranks and I don't like being tricked haha Hubby is still gone on a work trip so I don't expect to have anything happen!

Pregnancy Ticker

• marajay6marajay6 member
    edited March 2016
    How many weeks? 16 (edited because I initially had 15. I apparently can't count)

What size is baby? 4ish inches, avocado

Upcoming appointments? 1 week from tomorrow. It is with my new OB. Hopefully I like her,

Rants/Raves/Questions? None

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? So glad that the nausea is gone. But this congestion sucks!

GTKY: Anybody planning pranks for April Fool's Day?  Or have a good one from year's past they like to share?  (Can be something silly from childhood or more elaborate.) I got nothing here.

• How many weeks? 16! Yahooo!I can finally say "about 4 months" when people ask who don't understand the weekly progress.

What size is baby? An avocado

Upcoming appointments? I had my 16 week check-up on Monday and got to hear the baby. <3 Our 20 week ultrasound is scheduled for Monday, April 25th where I can hopefully remain strong and NOT find out the sex.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I think I am finally getting a tiny bump! Can't tell with my shirt down but it is visible to me now when I lift my shirt up. :smiley:

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I unfortunately have been dealing with major digestive issues (constipation all last week followed by diarrhea all weekend and all day yesterday. Today has been good so far except for the headache. I am chugging water so I know that's not it. Prob the weather. :/

GTKY: Anyone planning pranks for April Fool's Day? I had one lined up for work but I seriously didn't realize it is tomorrow! Thanks to this reminder I will have to think of something else. Below is a pic of what I wanted to do though...

Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• How many weeks? 17 weeks

What size is baby? Sweet onion? 

Upcoming appointments? Had my 12-18 week appointment today. Everything is good so far and my genetic testing came back low risk for Down Syndrome and Trisomy. I took another blood test to test for spinal bifuda and scheduled my actual anatomy scan for April 21 but they can't guarantee sex confirmation. Military hospitals are tricky sometimes but that's why we chose to do an elective scan off base for early sex determination.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Ugh my Doc said it may not be until I am 24 weeks until I feel the baby. First child and having an anterior placenta is preventing me from feeling any movement. I still haven't really felt like have felt baby move inside either.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I still can't eat in restaurants and chicken grosses me out. Started craving milk so I must be calcium deficient or something. Still eating subway like no one business though.

I never was the one to do April fools jokes. I wasn't really good at them. However I can tell you a funny real life true story. My husbands cousin wasn't due until April 15th but her little girl decided the 1st was a better birthday. When they sent out the phone calls and text letting family and friends know she was on her way/here no one believed her and didn't show up to the hospital until she sent pictures proving she gave birth. If 

Me:24 ~~~~~ DH:26

High school Sweethearts 03/29/07

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

BFP 12/27/2015 EDD 9/8/2016

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @beachmama14 do you happen to be a military spouse because my hospital offers that too but I declined it. I work full time and tend to have my appointments scheduled during my shift so having a 2 hour appointment doesn't work for me and hubby.

Me:24 ~~~~~ DH:26

High school Sweethearts 03/29/07

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

BFP 12/27/2015 EDD 9/8/2016

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @beachmama14 were you the one debating on weaning your LO? If so how's it going? What did you decide on? 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • How many weeks? 18

What size is baby? Sweet potato

Upcoming appointments? Not until 4/13 - 20 wk appt and anatomy scan!!! :smiley: 

Rants/Raves/Questions? The scale was my bff for a while there...0 lbs gained between 12 and 16 week appointments. In the 2 weeks since, I'm up 5 lbs! I know it's normal and healthy but still can't shake the initial disappointment each time I weigh in!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? No real cravings, other than food in general. And no aversions. The combination of which probably equates to the recent weight gain, lol.

GTKY: Anybody planning pranks for April Fool's Day?  Or have a good one from year's past they like to share?  (Can be something silly from childhood or more elaborate.) It was ages ago but when I was a kid, I went to an in-home daycare. On April Fool's one year, she put cotton balls in our morning milk cups instead of the milk. I thought it was the funniest thing! Tried to pull the same trick on my Mom later that day but she was too smart to fall for it. ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 14 weeks! Finally second tri. The whole board will be in the second trimester tomorrow! 

I have been been having headaches and some acid reflux. But it's not too bad. 

I am so ready for nice weather. We have one nice day then like 6 days in a row of 40 degrees. 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • @Smashbox29 yes we are military! The program is great! It's a bummer you can't do it, but I understand with work schedules it is a big block of time. I did it with my last pregnancy too and really enjoyed it. The hardest part this time is I have to find someone to watch my daughter every month. But I figure one afternoon a month isn't too bad!

@mhilpisch10 yes! I have cut down her night feedings to 1 and have only been nursing 2 or 3 times a day which is down a few feedings from where I started. I'm not sure I'm 100% ready to drop them all but this seems much more manageable than what it was before. Plus I'm feeling better from the morning sickness which is helping me too.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @blondie080300 That would be an awesome April Fool's Day prank! Though people are serious about their Krispy Kremes! It might get a little feisty!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How many weeks? 18 weeks 

What size is baby? Sweet potato 

Upcoming appointments? 20 week appointment and a/s on the 15th April 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Can anybody else say hip and back pain...!!! Sleeping is a problem at the monent and I've had to steal my husband's pillow to put in between my legs. 
    Will invest in a pregnancy pillow but not for the prices I've seen so far in Mothercare. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Sickness has completely gone and managed to conquer my fear of chicken only to get food poisoning on Good Friday... WTH!! I have to be really careful who/where I eat from in future. This didn't help my PGAL brain. 
    Has anyone else suffered from food poisoning while being pregnant? 

GTKY: Anybody planning pranks for April Fool's Day?  Or have a good one from year's past they like to share?  (Can be something silly from childhood or more elaborate.) As much as I like a good laugh, I can't think of anything that I can do for April Fools Day (or maybe just can't be bothered) 
  • COmama87COmama87 member
    edited April 2016
    Totally spaced on doing this yesterday. 

How many weeks? 

What size is baby? tall frappuccino with whipped cream and caramel drizzle..thanks babysizer--now I'm dying for Starbucks!  :)

Upcoming appointments? anatomy scan on 4/11 and 20wk appt 4/14

Rants/Raves/Questions? It was DH's b-day yesterday and last night we went out to a Mexican restaurant. I cannot wait to eat my leftovers for lunch!! YUM! Oh and my parents are watching DS til tomorrow so I got a full night's sleep and didn't have to get up as early for work today..winning! 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Been feeling a lot of movement this week..love how much more real it seems when you can feel the little flutters. 

GTKY: Anybody planning pranks for April Fool's Day?  Or have a good one from year's past they like to share?  (Can be something silly from childhood or more elaborate.) When I was pregnant with DS, my coworkers played the rattlesnake egg prank on me. I was 36wks at the time and it scared the crap out of me and I about fell out of my chair. I swear they were trying to send me into early labor :D . As for this April Fool's Day I just hope....