October 2016 Moms

How Will You Annouce Your Pregnancy!!

124»

Re: How Will You Annouce Your Pregnancy!!

• Loading the player...
  • I'll be wearing this shirt tomorrow night at my aunt and uncles house to surprise them. All my closest cousins will be there and I want to see how long it will take for someone to notice this shirt if at all, before I have to yell "someone please read my shirt!" LOL And our big FB announcement to the rest of the family and our friends will happen after week 12 and it will involve our dog.  :) 
    I saw that scrabble tile looking thing on etsy or something, but I couldn't figure out what the last word was spelling... I was all "there's no 'I' in pregnant!"  Then I realized it was an exclamation point.  Good luck with the shirt and hope they catch on quickly!
  • Piperella said:
    I'll be wearing this shirt tomorrow night at my aunt and uncles house to surprise them. All my closest cousins will be there and I want to see how long it will take for someone to notice this shirt if at all, before I have to yell "someone please read my shirt!" LOL And our big FB announcement to the rest of the family and our friends will happen after week 12 and it will involve our dog.  :) 
    I saw that scrabble tile looking thing on etsy or something, but I couldn't figure out what the last word was spelling... I was all "there's no 'I' in pregnant!"  Then I realized it was an exclamation point.  Good luck with the shirt and hope they catch on quickly!
    Etsy is where I got it. It's actually more defined on the actual shirt so I'm thinking it won't be too confusing. I got a royal blue shirt with white writing so it stand out a little more. Hoping either way it'll be a good laugh and fun. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @lgw2015 - I absolutely love the egg graphic! So cute! Good job, DH!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @PiperellaI thought it was an I and that the word was "parenting" - an odd but not inappropriate choice. 
    M/C 4/2013
    E born 6/2014
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • We are going to announce after Easter and going to write something cute. "Easter bunny brought us a sweet surprise. To be hatched October 2016."

• I've finally decided! We actually announced on Easter back in 2014, so it's kinda funny we're doing it again this year. I'm gonna bring DD's Easter basket with us to brunch and have her go through it with grandma. I'm going to arrange it so the very last thing on the bottom is the book, "I'm a Big Sister." I'm excited to see the reactions!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We announced early for personal reasons. We were at an easter egg coloring party and I colored these. My mom read them first and was confused at first. Then she showed them to my aunt (her older sister) who is a nurse and she looked at me and goes, YOU'RE PREGNANT??" And then my mom understood. What was funny is that my other aunt, my mom's younger sister wasn't paying attention and once she got it she screamed. Lol my husband caught it all on camera. It was so cute and hilarious. 
    Grayson Matthew Due 11/4/16
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• We're going to give this picture out at Easter lunch
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mauishay and I are trying to come up with an announcement to do together (she's my sister in law, lol, not a creepy internet stranger danger) since our babies will be cousins and due 3 weeks apart. Only thing is we live in different states so unless we want to wait until we see each other in maybe May, we won't be able to do like a cutesy picture actually together. If anyone comes across anything or has an idea, we're open for suggestions!
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Hi. I waited until 11 weeks to tell my parents and grandparents. Hubby wanted me to wait to mother's day which would be 16, weeks.. But my clothes aren't fitting. I wrote a save the date and put it on the fridge. Between both parents, I sent them to it about 8, times. My sis had to help them see it and my mom actually moved it twice. Mom was speechless and caught on camera. I then had lunch with my gram and bro and she was telling him how excited she was to have all her great grandkids there. I made her say the new number and he was stumped at how there were five. Very funny. We are telling my hubby's parents at an Easter egg hunt hidden in the eggs.
  • I also told my bff by saying I needed to change my rsvp to her wedding by adding a .5!
  • JulieD85JulieD85 member
    edited March 2016
  • DH and I told our parents and very close family mid Feb and by the grace of God they were able to keep their mouths shut. After our ultrasound and hearing the heartbeat last Thurs we called grandparents, extended family and closest friends and sent ultrasound pic. After the most important had been informed we posted to FB. Fun fact, my college roommate and I are due exactly 1 month apart and our wedding anniversaries are exactly 1 month 1 day apart  (crazy!)
  • I think I changed my mind.....I'm thinking I want to announce on Easter. I like the eggs in the basket example but I also like this one, gives it a nice personal touch:

Mommy to Gabriel (12) and Isaiah (10) and Step-Mommy to Danely (17), Diego (9) and Leo (4). Trained doula going for certification!
    5 losses (2002-6 wks, 2004-9 wks, 2005-11 wks, 2015-7 wks & 5/27/2016-19 wks) 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ammiddleton3 , OMGoodness that is so adorable!  I love his face in the 2nd picture especially!!!
  • @ammiddleton3 , OMGoodness that is so adorable!  I love his face in the 2nd picture especially!!!
    Thank you! I had the hardest time getting him to cooperate! This was day 2 of trying! So I got a few useable pics, and calling it a day! Hahaha. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my heartfelt words won't post guys! 
  • We told my in laws on FaceTime with a baby on board sign, and we found out right before visiting my parents and had them open a framed picture of us holding the baby on board sign. We haven't gone completely public yet though
  • I bought two baby cake topper banners in the dollar section at target yesterday.. one is pink and one is more blue.. will post the correct one with our ultrasound picture tomorrow after we find out the sex :)