July 2015 Moms

Sippy cup suggestions

just wondering if you mamas had any sippy cups your really like??? Ones that the babies are learning to use easily. My son used the Tommie Tippie ones when he was a baby but before I just go get those I wondered if anyone likes anything better?? Thanks.

Re: Sippy cup suggestions

• We tried the playtex :) I also did a disussion on sippy cups and there were some great ideas :D 
  • Loading the player...
  • AziaNick said:
    We tried the playtex :) I also did a disussion on sippy cups and there were some great ideas :D 
    I'll have to search for that thread thanks!!
  • Mam was a quick learn for my son. 
  • We use both the Nuk learner cup and the Munchkin 360. Starting off she wasn't great with either one to actually take drinks but slowly figured it out. The Munchkin 360 doesn't have the "sippy" part of the cup but is designed to teach babies to learn to drink from a regular cup, without too much mess in the process. Again, it took time before she was doing anything more than playing with it, but now she can take drinks!
  • My son did not take any bottles, he is EBF and my mom bought him a training sippy cup and he loved it. It's a training sippy cup for 4 months and up called Vital baby, it was $5. My mom got it at Giant but you can also order it online at vitalbabyusa.com. They also have different ones and I'm thinking of ordering another one since he's getting older. Also you can choose the kind of flow that you want between no spill or free flow. Amazon also has it! Keep us updated mama!! 
  • we started out with the TT sippy since we use TT bottles and LO liked it but mostly just chewed on the nipple part. After seeing a lot of suggestions on here for the munchkin 360, we got one and LO wasn't a fan at first. He has tried drinking from our cups so I thought he would like it and eventually he did. Now he wont take any other sippy cups only the Munchkin so it takes a bit of getting used to but definitely worth it!
  • I've tried the Nuk ones and LO wouldn't take them. The only ones I've gotten her to suck on are the Dr Browns sippy cups. 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agreeing with ashleytiff^^^. My son has the munchkin with straw, it is his absolute favorite. He also loves his munchkin 360° sippy too! 
  • Green sprouts glass sip 'n straw rocks!  
  • My little guy LOVES the born free grow with me training cup. I had to tip it for him so that the water was almost completely up the straw and only needed a tiny bit of suction the first time, but once he got it that first time he was good.
    Unfortunately he loves it a little too much and cries if I take it away..
  • We liked the Zoli Bots for water (other cold things would leak out the top) and munchkin/nuby soft spots for milk. Lollicups were also good because no matter where A tipped the cup he was still getting water. We didn't do hard spouts until he was older and we didn't have to use the valve to suck hard on. Replay has some great sippies too. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• We saw our pediatrician yesterday and when we talked about sippy cups he stated to get one with the straws that they are better and I have bought 5 different ones before him telling us this and baby boy hated them all. Would only drink out of a big cup or from the bottle of water like us. So we tried the one with a straw that can be closed in for on the go and he loves it! Had had no issues drinking from it and learned right away. 
  • I just bought the Munchkin 360, since LO pretty much just chews the spouts of her other sippies. She figured it out quick and actually drinks water now since there's no fun spout to chew on!
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just bought the Munchkin 360, since LO pretty much just chews the spouts of her other sippies. She figured it out quick and actually drinks water now since there's no fun spout to chew on!
    I believe that one of the ones I bought too then bite down on a kinda like a lod over a regular cup bit sippy cup version lol and then it comes out where they bite down? Don't know how to describe it without sounding loony lol. If it's the one I'm thinking of my son figured out how to make it spray water lol and soaked him and the blanket on his lap he's a little stinker I was so excited for that sippy cup too it's really cool a weird lid with little wholes around the edge that's inside and they bite down with the cup tilted and it only comes out of that one spot lol. I loved the idea of it. Hoping to try again later for now he loves the straw ones :)