Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Another "In Limbo" - UPDATE in original post

Hi everyone.  I've spent the past 45 minutes reading through some of the posts on this board, particularly about D&C/cytocec/waiting it out, which have been very eye-opening.  I expect to have to make that decision tomorrow.

I should be 9 weeks pregnant today, but at my first ultrasound at 6w5d I was measuring only 5w3d with just a yolk sac.  I waited 9 excruciating days to when I should have been 8w1d, and went in for another u/s.  At that point, they saw a tiny embryo measuring 6w2d (13 days behind!).  It had a weak, irregular heart flicker of 80 bpm with "pauses."  The doctor said she gave it a 50/50 chance just based on the low heartbeat, but I have to think it was more like 10 or 25% when you consider how far behind it was measuring.  

To be honest, I am hoping at this point for resolution and for a painless passing.  If there somehow still is a baby there tomorrow, I know I will worry about all the reasons why this happened, and whether it could be genetic problems.  I am 37, so that is on my mind anyway.  

This is my 3rd pregnancy and my first loss.  I guess I was pushing my luck :(.

UPDATE: confirmed as of this afternoon.  No heartbeat.  Baby stopped growing at 6 w 2 d.  Goodbye, little one.  

I had a very cold discussion with a nurse practitioner who wouldn't give me any opinions or thoughts on whether to wait it out.  Now I guess I am on my own to decide between waiting and a D&C.  

Me: 1979 * Husband: 1976 * Little girl: 2010 * Little guy: 2013 * MMC: 2016 * Last baby: EDD 2/11/17!  

Re: Another "In Limbo" - UPDATE in original post

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. There's a couple of us in limbo land and it's never easy. Hopefully tomorrow will bring you answers one way or another.
  • Options
    ((Hugs)) limbo was awful for me. Once I found out it was truly bad news, at that point I was just relieved to know one way or another.  I took cytotec to miscarry. It worked and I did not need a D&C but, I'm not sure I would make the same choice again if I had to go back and choose again. It was long and drawn out (10 days). 

However, with that said, I do think the physical pain helped me with the emotional pain. When I had my ectopic removed, it was weird to have it over in the matter of hours. 

Anyway, I'm rambling. And I'm sorry you're in limbo. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thinking of you and hoping you get more answers soon 
  • Options
    I'm so so sorry. Limbo sucks, and there's not two ways around that. Hugs.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this. I echo what others are saying...being in limbo sucks! I was in limbo for 3 weeks and they were the worst of my life. I hope you get a quick resolution. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    See update in original post :(
    Me: 1979 * Husband: 1976 * Little girl: 2010 * Little guy: 2013 * MMC: 2016 * Last baby: EDD 2/11/17!  
  • Options
    I'm so so sorry for your loss and the lack of compassion and guidance from the nurse.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss but glad you are no longer in limbo...take care of yourself. This sucks so much :(
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss! I also had the option of miscarrying naturally or having a d&c. I ended up choosing the d&c so we could get genetic/chromosome testing. This was also my second loss though. If you have any questions about either don't be afraid to ask any of us. Sending lots of love and hugs your way!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I desperately wanted to miscarry naturally but my body was not getting the memo. I took cytotec to induce the miscarriage and it was physically very very painful. If I had to do it over, I would go with a d&c.  (With that said there were pros to doing it a home, more privacy, etc).  But, you can't choose wrong. Do whatever feels right in for you. So many hugs! 

• Options
    jatwal128jatwal128 member
    edited March 2016
    I am so so sorry for your loss. It's so heartbreaking. And i'm sorry for the lack of care you're receiving. Like @fmannino85said, if you have any questions feel free to ask. I miscarried naturally at home, but there are a few things I would've done had I been prepared for what it was like. I'm glad I did it, but if you choose that route I would absolutely recommend getting a prescription for pain killers. Just in case.

edit: spelling
    Me: 30  DH: 31
    Married 2010
    TTC since Nov. 2015
    BFP#1: 2/8/16
    MC: 3/19/16  :'(
    BFP#2: 9/3/16   EDD: 5/17/17

mommy to the cutest rescue mutt ever.
    my chart