August 2016 Moms
Options

Random- but need to share a secret!

My boyfriend and I talk and act like we are married.  Live together.  Raising our kids together.  All of it.  But we planned to make it official this summer.  It will be a whirlwind engagement and small wedding.  I just found out that he has the ring!!!  We have been designing one for a few months and they called me to let me know it was done.  DUH!  Bad move, but whatever.  I like knowing.  But now I am expecting "the question" at any time!  LOL.  And he is a smart ass and will probably like drop to one knee....to tie a shoe and things like that.  Oh, the suspense.  Something about the ring makes it all feel real!  Just had to share!
ring.jpg 114.9K

Re: Random- but need to share a secret!

• Options
    Congrats!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations. The ring is beautiful!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! That happened to me... except I went with my husband to pick out the ring and we got my wedding band as well as his but I still had to wait for him to ask....I knew where the ring was and everything it killed me! He finally asked 3 weeks later but it was the worst wait of my life... until now 9 months is a long time haha. 
  • Options
    Congrats. 
    I sort of thought my husband was going to ask while we were on vacation in Jamaica  but wasn't 100% sure. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Congrats! The ring is gorgeous!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!! Same thing happened to me, my sister let me know that the ring was so pretty but she didn't realize he hadn't proposed yet haha. Have fun living in suspense for a bit!
  • Options
    Congratulations! 

• Options
    ginger819ginger819 member
    edited March 2016
    Congratulations! What a pretty ring. Hopefully he's better at surprises than my husband. We were on a cruise and I had already found out about the ring and knew he had brough it along. He tried to send me to dinner alone so he could get the ring out of the safe. Duh, lol. It was very sweet even though I knew it was coming (he proposed where they take the cruise pictures so we have a bunch of professional pictures of it happening).
  • Options
    Ha, these are great!  I totally hand picked the ring.  The jeweler always called me with updates and hell, we share our money, so I technically physically paid for it all.  But now that he has it, I know he will make me wait.  We don't have our kids this weekend so I am kinda hoping it happens then.  But he has said since we met that he knows exactly how he is going to do it so I am sure I will have to wait for him to get that organized.  PS.  I am the MOST IMPATIENT PERSON EVER!
  • Options
    Oh man, the suspense!!
    I basically picked out my ring (he had no idea what "style" I'd like so he had me send him pictures) and I knew he was going to propose soon as we had already sort of talked about a wedding date, but since we were doing a courthouse wedding, I knew he could wait as long as he wanted. It was super suspenseful! Enjoy these last few hours/days/weeks as boyfriend and girlfriend! :wink: 
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Congrats! That ring is beautiful! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats!! The suspense must be killing you, but that almost makes it more exciting!

• Options

Congrats, and enjoy the anticipation!

My husband did that to me. He bought a promise ring, and we picked out the engagement ring together (and started planning the wedding!) I KNEW he had the ring, because I roughly knew how long it took to make, but he held off until the day we moved into our house... When I was filthy, sweaty, and we took a lemonade break, on our new deck. Looking back it was perfect, and I am sure your proposal will be too!

• Options
    That's so exciting - congrats! Can't wait to hear how he pops the question!
  • Options
    Congrats, I hope it's soon! You'll have to update when it happens. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19