Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Just chilling here in limbo land. How are you doing?

I lost my symptoms on Monday. I had an u/s Thursday that shows a sac measuring 4 days behind and my Thursday bloodwork showed a not so promising HCG increase from my draw 8 days before and pretty low progesterone levels (10). I need to wait for the results of today's blood draw to know if I have a shot at all. My doctor says she's seen worse, but I just don't feel pregnant any more. Yet, I still haven't started bleeding and my cramping is subsiding.

All of this is freaking killing me. Last time, I started spotting, got an emergency u/s and there was no heartbeat. It was an immediate answer. This time, it's threatening to drag out for weeks. I can't see how this pregnancy could possibly be viable, but I feel terrible hoping for bad numbers tomorrow so that I can move on.

Was anyone else stuck in limbo land? How did you handle it?

Re: Just chilling here in limbo land. How are you doing?

• RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited March 2016
    *raises hand* Can I join you on that bench in limbo land?

No cramping, no bleeding, and a sac measuring 9 days behind. But my HCG went up slightly from 12,000 to 14,000 last Wednesday, and everything was tracking consistently with 6 weeks. After I went in for a mini Rhogam shot and to discuss options on Friday, my OB called to say she wants to send me to a special ultrasound place with better equipment for a repeat ultrasound next week. She basically doesn't trust my dates, although since I was charting, I'm pretty damn confident. At absolute most, if you ignore all my secondary signs, I could be off by 3-4 days, but definitely not 9. So even though there is about a 0.01% chance, I'm stuck in limbo until next week.

I feel you on the frustration with the waiting. Hugs. I'm rooting for you @chloe97!!

ETA: I'm not handling it well at all, so I don't have much advice there. I want so badly to have a glass of wine, but I won't until I'm out of limbo. 
  • I'm here with you and not handling it well. I had an ultrasound on Friday. The tech said it was too early to tell, but it looked like a cyst that could be a sac. I should have been 8 weeks. They did a beta that came out 18,000. We're rechecking beta on Monday to get an idea of what to do. My OB said most likely I'm miscarrying, but we don't know yet for sure. With my first loss, I had bleeding as my first sign. By that time, my HCG was down to 63, and my body just did what it needed to do... Not so much this time. I'm heartbroken and scared...

I'm so sorry to see both of you here and I'm hoping we'll all have a miracle coming our way.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry ladies. Limbo and waiting sucks - I wish there was something we all could do for you. Hugs!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• @RiverSong15 Ugh! I didn't know your HCG went up. What a mind f@&$! I also want a glass of wine badly, but feel like I have to hold off until all glimmer of hope has left just in case. The worst part is needing to go back to work on Monday when all I want to do is bawl constantly. If I was actually miscarrying I could take a few days off, but I need to save that time for when I physically can't work.

@gibbs7911 So sorry to see you here too. I hope your blood draw on Monday gives you some definitive answers. 

Thanks @AL_TwinCities. I did not want to be back here. 
  • Update. My bloodwork showed a very minimal increase, so I'm out of limboland. Now I just need to decide when to take medication. I have a feeling it will take a long time to start on its own.
  • @chloe97 Oh God, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Not sure what else to say, but we're here for you. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @chloe97, I'm so sorry for bad numbers, but at least it's an answer? That's little consolation, I know. So sorry. At least now you can make some plans, and yes, having to go to work while waiting for the inevitable sucks. Hugs.

@Gibbs7911, I hope you get an answer on Monday.

@AL_TwinCities, thanks for the support. Being able to vent here helps a lot!
  • @chloe97 I'm so sorry! That sucks! You'll be in my thoughts in the coming days!
  • I just went through this. I had a blighted ovum. My progesterone wad great, hcg levels OK but doubling, sac grew according to gestational age. But it took 3 ultrasounds spaced 2 weeks apart roughly before my doctor would "call it". Meanwhile, while in limbo, I knew it was bad. 

Anyway, it sucks. I'm so sorry you're in limbo. ((Hugs))
  • @chloe97 although you are out of limbo- this just plain sucks. I'm so sorry you are going through this again. You are in my thoughts. Hugs to you. 
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • @chloe97 
    I'm so sorry. We are here for you vent whenever you need and keep us updated. You will be in my prayers. Hugs!  <3
  • @chloe97 I am so sorry. This is just awful. I am thinking of you. So, so sorry. 
  • Thank you @babymama03262016, @iceandsnowflakes29, and@roxgibbons. I'm not going to lie- I never quite felt like things were okay this time, so I'm hoping my grief isn't as intense this time. I'd really like things to get going already so I can be done with physical part.
  • No advice, just thinking of you 
  • So sorry @chole97! You are in my thoughts. 
  • @chloe97
    I hope it's not either, my heart hurts so much for everyone's pain. It's not fair at all. I know it's not easy at all, but it is a relief that we are all here for you to turn too. It always gives me comfort knowing I can come here and get positive feedback from wonderful ladies who understand the pain we are all going thru. You are in my prayers for a fast recovery and please be kind to yourself. Please keep us updated on how you are. And just know your not alone! Hugs to you sweet girl!  <3
  • ******TW- A heartbeat detected**************

Let me start out by saying that I'm hesitant to post this on the MC board and wouldn't unless I was still pretty sure things weren't going the right way.

We went into the ultrasound today expecting to have our miscarriage confirmed. No confirmation, because there is a heartbeat. A normal one at that. I'm measuring 6 weeks, so now I'm only 2 days off. No word from my Dr yet who needs to read the radiology report, but I'm extremely skeptical. I posted my story on the PGAL board and got 2 immediate responses about similar things happening to them with their losses. The only possible way that I could imagine this ending with a take home baby is if the baby had a twin that passed. My HCG levels increased by only 3% in 2 days. 

So anyway, here in limbo I wait some more. Sigh.
  • I'm so sorry you're going through all this. I know how you feel about a "quick" miscarriage vs one that you feel like doesn't end. My first MC was natural and over quickly as well. My second was a missed MC and not so easy to move on from, both physically and emotionally. I also felt measurements were off the whole pregnancy. Anyway, I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Please continue to keep us updated! 
  • @chloe97 I praying for you! I'm hoping things work out and that you will have strength no matter the outcome. 
  • @chloe97 hopefully things are looking up for you, but I totally understand the feeling like something still isn't right. You'll be in my thoughts. I was just wondering how things were going for you and @RiverSong15
  • edited March 2016
    T&Ps  that your little one hangs on! (Hugs)<3
  • chloe97chloe97 member
    edited March 2016
    Thanks @icesnowflakes29 The Dr just called pretty much screaming in the phone about how great this news was, so I guess I'm going to leave here (at least for now) and try to concentrate on sending positivity to the life (still) growing inside me. I pray to God I will not be back! 
  • !!!! What in the world?! Praying for you and your little one! 
  • @chloe97 I'm so glad to hear this news. Only on a MC board can I say I hope I don't see your face back here!!!!!  ;) I'm rooting for you!
  • RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited March 2016
    @Gibbs7911, I'm still stuck in limbo. I updated on the check in thread, but my ultrasound today showed growth to 6+6 for the gestational sac and yolk sac, so almost a weeks worth of growth in a week, but still no visible embryo, and still measuring 10 days behind where I should be. If I were really 6+6, that would mean I ovulated the day before my first BFP.... Not physically possible. My OB wants to send me back for another ultrasound in 7-10 days. Basically, she's waiting for my gestational sac to pass the 25mm cutoff for an  anembryonic diagnosis. I think if this pregnancy wasn't so desperately wanted, she would have called it sooner. So, still in limbo with no bleeding, no cramping, and no change in PG symptoms.

how did your blood draw turn out this week?
  • @chloe97 so many thoughts and prayers for you right now. Please keep us all posted
  • Lots of happy thoughts for you and your baby @chloe97, hope to not see you back here! 
  • Prayers for you and your little one. Lots of positive thoughts!  <3
  • @chloe97 lots of positive thoughts for you and baby! I hope this all works out and your little one continues to thrive and of course that we don't hear back from you :smile: 
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • Gibbs7911Gibbs7911 member
    edited March 2016
    @RiverSong15 Your situation seems so much like what I'm going through. On Friday, they never told me what the ultrasound indicated in terms of weeks, but I saw it pop up on the screen when she measured the sac and it was 5 weeks when I should have been 8. In order for that to be accurate I would have ovulated after my BFP. My HCG was 18,176 on Friday and 20,585 on Monday, so an increase, but not enough. I go for a repeat ultrasound on Friday. I've lost all pregnancy symptoms. I've had very light cramping occasionally, but that's all.

Edit: This sucks and I hope we both get answers soon. I feel for you being stuck in limbo so long.
  • Thanks @Gibbs7911. Our situations do sound similar and limbo does suck! I hope your ultrasound on Friday gives you an answer.
  • @Gibbs7911 and @RiverSong15  I am so sorry

@Chloe97 what the actual fuck??? I cannot believe it. This is so insane. I don't even understand how I can feel so wrapped up in the updates from an Internet stranger-friend. 

Please do update.  I know it is awkward because it is the micarriage board but there is a world of difference between someone who legitimately is dealing with miscarriage-in-progress and the posters who are feeling nervous and want to talk about the scary what-ifs. 

Please update. Even if you need to break into a lab and do a few selfie ultrasounds....