August 2016 Moms

Baby 1 lb at 21 weeks

I think I'm going to give birth to a linebacker! 1 lb at 20 wks 6 days based on LMP, measuring 10 days ahead.  No wonder I really popped over the last couple weeks!!

Anyone else growing linebackers?

Re: Baby 1 lb at 21 weeks

• Our little guy was about a week ahead. The doctor said anything within two weeks is normal. Also, did you have a dating US done in your first tri, or are you just going by LMP? You may be further along than you thought.

• I was 2 days ahead at the 7 week ultrasound, 5 days ahead at the 12 week, and now 10 at the 20 week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine was 13 oz at 19w6d and was measuring 20w5d. The abdominal circumference was measuring 21w3d. And, there is 0 guesswork on how far along I am thanks to fertility treatments. eeekk...this is gonna be one big baby!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • My boy is measuring two weeks ahead, but they're not changing my due date
  • Allisun85 said:

Our little guy was about a week ahead. The doctor said anything within two weeks is normal. Also, did you have a dating US done in your first tri, or are you just going by LMP? You may be further along than you thought.

This. And also, the further along you get, the less accurate those measurements are. Don't put too much stock into it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine was 13 oz at 19w6d and was measuring 20w5d. The abdominal circumference was measuring 21w3d. And, there is 0 guesswork on how far along I am thanks to fertility treatments. eeekk...this is gonna be one big baby!
    Hey mine was 13 oz at 19w6d too! :smile: 
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • I'm right there with you! The ultrasound tech estimated one pound during my anatomy scan at 21+1. DH is pretty much built like a bear so I'm not surprised. I had ultrasounds at 6, 10 and 12 weeks plus I was tracking my cycle, so no doubts about how far along I am.
  • Our lil girl is 1 pd at exactly 21 weeks this past Thursday at anatomy ultrasound.tech and  mfm both said she was perfect weight and size for gestational age . My 17 yr old was 5 pds at 33 was when he was born and my 19 mo old was 8pd.4oz at 38 weeks when he was born.
  • My US tech said to us today that 1 lb was the norm for 21 weeks. 

I'm 19w and baby was 8 oz. which is right on track apparently. 
  • Found out he was a he* last wed. Measured 14ounces, @ 21wk5days....on paper I was only 20wk1day. So I'm eager to see what my Doc says at my appt on Thursday.
  • Yep, since the high risk OB did my anatomy scan but will send the results and let the general OB take over for the rest of pregnancy, I'm curious to see in a couple weeks when I see the regular OB if 10 days is enough to change the due date.  Maybe this sounds bad, and of course I want baby to bake away and be nice and healthy at delivery, but I wouldn't exactly mind a week or so less of a summer pregnancy!!
  • SkiChic626SkiChic626 member
    edited March 2016
    Weight predictions can be off up to two lbs in either direction, I would take it with a grain of salt at this point.  Plus, babies have growth spurts in the womb just like outside, maybe your LO just had one.

Edit to clarify:
    My daughter was 9lbs 13oz at 38w6d when she was born.  That said, a week EARLIER, she was measuring 10lbs 6oz, so you'd assume she'd be around 11lbs by the time that week went by....that's what I mean by them being off on the measurements.  Also, a friend of mine was had a c-section the day after her due date because they said her baby was nearing 12lbs...ummmm what??  He ended up being 10lbs 3oz, so yeah, he was big, but they were almost off by a full 2 lbs.  You also have to remember that the measurements are subjective, and one person might measure baby at one size and another at the same time might measure baby very differently.
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• I was measuring about 5 days ahead (and have been measuring 5 days ahead since my 1st tri scans) but since its still within a week of my LMP due date, they will probably keep it as is.  

Also, my other two kids were 9 lbs + so a good chance this one is just big as well.  However, there are risks associated with large babies and LGA babies.  So yes, ultrasounds can be off and they can have growth spurts and grow at different rates, but seriously talk to your doctor if there are concerns.  

• GRJCGRJC member
    edited March 2016
    Oh Ya, another big one.  I'm a small girl, my first pregnancy we measured ahead.  I don't remember how much but he was born 8 days early at 7lb 4.9oz.   So pretty average. 

This time at 20wks, 1day I measured 14days ahead.  They almost thought about moving my due date bc I measured so far ahead.  I know for a fact when I had sex though to make this baby, lol, so with that in mind they kept the due date the same.  Just a big baby for now.

I'm hoping though at the end he comes out just like the last one.  Average would be nice.

1st Misc 11w2d
    2nd Misc 6w2d
    3rd Preg, Second Month on Clomed
    Baby Boy Born June 2013!
    4th Preg, Fifth Month on Clomed 
    Due 8/3/16

Follow me and my journey at:

http://alltheprettythings-cristina.blogspot.com/

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think 1lb at 20 weeks is pretty normal.
  • I measured two weeks ahead my whole pregnancy with DS and then he came just over two weeks early. He was 8.3 21 3/4 inches! Needless to say we didn't need newborn clothes or diapers
  • Us too! Our baby was 13 oz at 20w0d and 67% overall for weight. His femur was in the 77%. I shouldn't be surprised though. My husband is 6'6.