June 2015 Moms
Options

I found this article useful: 'Ways to Deter a Child Predator'

I came across this on Facebook and although it's not something anyone wants to think about, I thought it had some good points to remember as parents.  For example, I remember in a prior post someone (or people) asking what plans people had as far as what to name or refer to private parts as...and this article recommends using the official names as a way to keep your child knowledgeable and potentially safe from a predator.  The part about showing that you listen to what your child says also stuck with me.  The estimated statistics at the end about survivors were stunning, sad and scary. 

https://themamabeareffect.org/blog/5-things-that-turn-off-a-pedophile

Re: I found this article useful: 'Ways to Deter a Child Predator'

• Options
    Thanks for sharing this article @enigmaticjj
    Always a good reminder to think of the things we can do to protect our children.

• Options
    I'm pretty anti- "fear mongering" so I was a bit skeptical when I saw this thread. But I'm glad I read the article and am interested in learning more about the Mama Bear organization. Thanks for posting this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @virginiaunicorn11 , very understandable.  Yeah, I just thought the article had some realistic things we can all do/follow.  Just trusting your gut, not being afraid to speak up, etc.