September 2016 Moms
Options

Are there any Mommys out there that use Vaseline for Stretch Marks??

Good Morning Everyone,

Has any one used Vaseline for stretch marks??

I'm currently on my 17 week and have not had to use any remedies for stretch mark but expecting them to happen quite soon. Crossing my fingers I am lucky enough to not have any...

Feedback of current users and testimonies of other items used would be greatly appreciate it.

Thank you Have a wonderful Wednesday

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Are there any Mommys out there that use Vaseline for Stretch Marks??

• Options
    Are you a FTM worried about stretch marks? Or are you asking because you currently have stretch marks? 

Technically you can't really prevent stretch marks from happening. It's really all genetic. With that being said, you can start a daily regime of creams and drinking lots of water that helps the skins elasticity and itchiness but realistically you can't "prevent" them. 

I use just plain coconut oil mixed in with Vaseline intensive lotion and rub it all over once or twice a day. I don't like using regular Vaseline because it's so sticky and won't dry. That would just be so uncomfortable! 

Fortunately, with my first two pregnancies I did not get stretch marks, I guess we'll see with this one too. 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options

Hello @seitzy3

Thank you for replying and as of today I haven't notice any. I am definitely on top of drinking lots of water maybe that is doing the trick.

Congratulations on your 3rd Baby - when are you due?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    FTM also at 17 weeks - my skin has been itching like crazy, so I've been drinking a ton of water, taken a few oatmeals baths, and living in Palmer's Coco Butter and Honest Co. organic Belly Balm. Agree with @seitzy3, Vaseline is too greasy for me. I know they make lotion as well, and apparently coconut oil fixes everything :) You'll probably just have to see what works for you!
  • Options
    I second Palmers coco butter. It smells divine and I can definitely see a difference in my skin since I started using it. Problem is I can't find it anywhere where I live in Canada. But I brought back 3 bottles from Hawaii so I'm hoping they'll last
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@mtd10429 how kool we are half way there....

@yellowrose314 will definitely be trying Palmers coco butter when the time comes.

How kool you live in Canada, I'm in California :)

Appreciate your feedback ladies.

• Options

@yellowrose314 I live in Canada and found Palmers at Walmart, thought it was weird when Shoppers didn't carry it.

Op, I don't know if it really does anything to help prevent, but like others have said it smells great and absorbs really nicely.

• Options
    @jellybiehn I looked at my Walmart, no luck :( I'm only halfway through the 1st bottle though so I think I should be ok. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second PP's suggestion of coconut oil. Both my daughter and I have really sensitive skin, so I make a lot of our body care products. For face/body cream I mix coconut oil with vit E, grapeseed or sweet almond oil (whatever is in my cupboard) and a few drops of lavender EO. I can't speak on stretch marks, but this has my c-section scar almost invisible. 
    Natural M/C 03.26.2012 at 10w2d
    Charlotte born at 28w3d due to severe IUGR on 12.24.2012 Merry Christmas!
    Missed M/C discovered 12.22.2014 at 8w1d measuring 6w3d
    2015 was a year to test strength of both body and character, but it led us to this... BFP 01.26.2016 EDD 9.30.2016
  • Options
    I use Pamlers coco butter and Bio Oil, apply both morning and night. Even before pregnancy, I used to apply some Bio Oil when my skin is dry..