August 2016 Moms

2nd Nursery ideas - STM

Hey STM's!  I am planning on transitioning my toddler to a toddler bed before baby arrives, so we can reuse his crib.  Now I'm wondering if I should go ahead and use the matching dresser in the new nursery too, and start over with a new set for my son who will be 2 when Baby #2 arrives.  What would you do?  If you have done this, what toddler friendly furniture have you liked?  I like Ikea, but wonder if it would handle a rambunctious little boy.  Also, what about the nursery chair?  Did you buy a second one?  If not, how do you handle MOTN wake ups from both kids?
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2nd Nursery ideas - STM

• I did the same thing.  My first was in a room with a crib and changer.  I bought her all new "big girl" furniture to make a big deal about her not being the baby anymore.  And then the baby went into the crib. And honestly, the crib and changer got so beat up, I wanted my oldest to get new stuff.  Same with this one.  Bought my middle all new furniture for her big girl room and handed down the crib to the baby.
  • Yes, we just gave baby #2 the nursery and all the furniture and got new furniture for the big girl room.  

I am glad that we went with white furniture for both rooms because it does give us the option to mix and match between rooms as our needs change down the road.  

• Loading the player...
  • My son will be 2 and 3-ish months when baby arrives. We're transitioning him to a twin in the next month. We opted to buy him all new furniture so the baby will get the nursery furniture. All nursery furniture will go into the baby's room and DS has all new stuff.

DS sleeps through the night and we won't need the rocker in his room. 
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Nursery is staying as is and dd is getting a brand new big girl room. We've been talking it up to her to get her excited about it and we'll try it out in a few weeks once everything is done.
  • JLyn821 said:
    My son will be 2 and 3-ish months when baby arrives. We're transitioning him to a twin in the next month. We opted to buy him all new furniture so the baby will get the nursery furniture. All nursery furniture will go into the baby's room and DS has all new stuff.

Jealous @JLyn821 !!  This recent sleep regression/2nd year molars and incisors/cough is killing us! LOL! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone!  That's what I was leaning towards, just needed a nudge so I can start justifying it to my hubs.  On to Nebraska Furniture Mart or Ikea....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're making a whole new room DS's "big boy room" and leaving the nursery as is for the baby. 
  • JLyn821JLyn821 member
    edited March 2016
    KUGirl09 said:boo
    JLyn821 said:
    My son will be 2 and 3-ish months when baby arrives. We're transitioning him to a twin in the next month. We opted to buy him all new furniture so the baby will get the nursery furniture. All nursery furniture will go into the baby's room and DS has all new stuff.

Jealous @JLyn821 !!  This recent sleep regression/2nd year molars and incisors/cough is killing us! LOL! 
    Totally understandable. Teeth are no joke. DS has always been a fantastic sleeper. Thank God. He will be 2 in a few weeks and still doesn't have his canines and the two year molars haven't hit yet. His first molars came through without issue. The canines are taking their own sweet time. Here's hoping baby girl will be as good a sleeper.
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers