April 2016 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change

Week/Size:

Symptoms:

Recent/Upcoming Appointments:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY:  What are you doing for yourself these last few weeks of pregnancy?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change

• Options
    Week/Size: 37/winter melon

Symptoms: I've been having contractions at some point during the day for the last few days. Sunday night it was two hours of minute long contractions every 7-10 minutes before they finally petered out. I'm otherwise just super uncomfortable. Just walking down the hall sends me into a super fun BH/lightning crotch/cramp fest.

Recent/Upcoming Appointments: Thursday. I'm on a weekly schedule now and sweet raptor jesus I would love for this to be my last prenatal appointment.

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: My boss is stressing me out. He's known for a long time that I'm having a baby so I don't know why in the past week he suddenly wants all the things done. I'm not even taking the full 12 weeks I could.

Rave: DH has really been great and been doing the majority of taking care of DD1, making sure we have food to eat, and keeping the house in a not complete disaster state.

Questions:

GTKY:  What are you doing for yourself these last few weeks of pregnancy? I'm just trying to force myself to rest as much as possible. It's hard between a full time job, hour long commute, and an 18 month old. Not to mention I have insane nesting/cleaning urges but my body just can't handle too much
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Week/Size:  39!  Watermelon!

Symptoms:  Still sore hips - tired... after a kick ass workout I was contracting like crazy last night... but after settling down about 8am they subsided - thank God - not ready yet!

Recent/Upcoming Appointments:  Thursday -r eg check up... Last thursday was growth u/s and everything looked good!

Rants/Raves:  Ack! DH was up all night sick, I'm praying it's food poisoning and not the bug!  DO NOT need this at 39 weeks!  I even got to work late so i could drop DD off at school - cuz you know if she gets it I'm def getting it!  Noooooo!

Questions:  I was induced with DD1 so I'm not really sure how to tell the difference between real contractions and BH or just over exertion.  Any suggestions?

GTKY:  What are you doing for yourself these last few weeks of pregnancy?  Pressuring the contractors to finish the F up!  Upstairs is almost done (aka DD1's new room so DD2 can have the nursery) - and downstairs is finally all plastered - painting this week hopefully cabinets in on the weekend and hung by mid next week.  So maybe like 3 weeks left of construction - def not ideal but I think I'm handling it pretty well.  DH might not agree tho...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Week/size:  39, Watermelon-finally seems appropriate 

Symptoms:  Constipation and waking once in middle of night to pee.  Other than hugeness I see no signs of impending labor : /

Recent/Upcoming Appointments:  had normal check up yesterday.  Next one on Monday 39w, 6.  Doctor didn't seem in hurry to talk induction.  Next week will be first internal check.

Rants/Raves:  

Raves: DD is almost 2 and has been a slow talker but last month her language capability has exploded.  She's such a cool little person right now. This morning she said "momma bye bye work".  Easter with family was also really nice. 

Rants:  I'm exhausted and really not looking forward to newborn sleep deprivation even though I'm ready to not be pregnant.  Also jealous that people are at least having some light at end of tunnel with impending labor signs. This LO is enjoying his hot tub and isn't coming soon.  

Questions:  is anyone considering working to the end?  I'm so done at work but I see no reason to stop early while nothing is happening.  Debating Friday as last day (39.3) but may also work through next Tuesday.

GTKY:   What are you doing for yourself these last few weeks of pregnancy?  Just trying to kick my feet up at night after DD goes to bed.  I haven't really been able to slow down much this pregnancy.  Toddlers don't understand "mommy time".  : /
  • Options
    @dayzchic9 for me BH are basically painless, I just feel my entire abdomen getting really tight and it's hard to breath. They happen pretty randomly and a lot of times if I lay down or change how I'm sitting they'll stop.  Real contractions hurt and have a definite build up, peak and dissipation. No amount of repositioning will help. I've been using the full term app on my phone to time mine which helps to see if they're happening pretty consistently or getting closer/further together. 

@Ellenlbishop I'm going to work up until the last possible moment. I did that with DD1 and luckily my water broke when I was home so I didn't have to deal with going into labor at work. My boss is pretty understanding, so if I'm getting a lot of contractions or really not feeling right he's ok with me leaving early without taking any PTO as long as I'm not abusing it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Week/Size: 38/pumpkin

Symptoms: tired and irritable

Recent/Upcoming Appointments: had high BP last Thursday but 24 hour urine isn't indicative of preeclampsia. Hopefully is was just a freak incident as I'm not having any real symptoms. Another appointment tomorrow will tell. 

Rants/Raves: my husband is seriously struggling with anxieties about this baby coming and I'm stressing out. The VA needs to get its shit together because I can't handle a breakdown right now. On a positive note, even if I go over and have to be induced, I'll be only be pregnant for 4 more weeks. 

Questions: @Ellenlbishop I have no choice but to work up until I deliver unless I'm put on bed rest, which likely isn't happening. 

GTKY:  What are you doing for yourself these last few weeks of pregnancy?
    Just trying to relax while I can!

• Options
    Week/Size: 37/winter melon

Symptoms: just general uncomfortableness and lightning crotch so bad.

Recent/Upcoming Appointments: Friday just a general of course

Rants/Raves:

Rave: I'm on vacation this week. So woo no bullshit, no being stuck on my feet for 8 hours a day and being expected to still treat all my co-workers with kindness -_-

Rant: I'm of course expected to do shit (Like paying up random shit) even though I've already done most of the packing and my lovely bf hasn't even packed his gd toys and video games and he was off all week. I'm done.

Questions: N/A

GTKY:  What are you doing for yourself these last few weeks of pregnancy? I would like to say I'm relaxing but nope. Got a house to get mostly packed away before Roo makes his appearance in about 3 weeks.
  • Options

Questions:  is anyone considering working to the end?  I'm so done at work but I see no reason to stop early while nothing is happening.  Debating Friday as last day (39.3) but may also work through next Tuesday.

Friday will be my last day.  I'm a teacher and have enough sick time to last me into next year, so I'm all set with getting up at 5:20 with sleeping like crap and being uncomfortable any time past Friday!
  • Options
    Week/Size: 36 weeks/ wintermelon honeydew something or other

Symptoms: sooooooo tired. Other than that, just trucking along.

Recent/Upcoming Appointments: Had my GBS test at yesterday's appointment. My next appointment will be on Tuesday.

Rants/Raves: Officially on maternity leave starting next Tuesday and I CAN'T WAIT. That also tells me that this baby will really be here and I'm getting super excited/nervous.

Questions:

GTKY:  What are you doing for yourself these last few weeks of pregnancy? I plan to make at least 2 spa appointments for a prenatal massage and facial and prepping some crock pot meals along with getting plenty of rest.
  • Options

GTKY:  What are you doing for yourself these last few weeks of pregnancy? I plan to make at least 2 spa appointments for a prenatal massage and facial and prepping some crock pot meals along with getting plenty of rest.
    oh yes! forgot that I am getting a massage on Thursday and prob taking DD1 for a pedi on Saturday!  
  • Options
    Week/Size: Week 38 - Pumpkin

Symptoms: SPD is causing me so much pain and discomfort right now, swelling, insomnia. 

Recent/Upcoming Appointments: had my check up yesterday, still no dilation or indication LO is preparing to come. 

Rants/Raves: We finally got our furniture delivered and when I went to put the mobile on the crib it scratched the paint off the crib. I was livid and now i'm waiting for the company to come and deliver us a new side. When I called to complain I was told that I should have known to put something in between the plastic and the crib. Thankfully without too much of a fight he agreed to replace it. 

Questions: none 

GTKY:  What are you doing for yourself these last few weeks of pregnancy? Enjoying these last 2 weeks with DH and some alone time knowing life as we know it will forever change once DD is here, although I can't wait to finally meet her and hold her in my arms. 
  • Options
    Week/Size: 39, zeppelin

Symptoms: Been having contractions on and off throughout the day today. 

Recent/Upcoming Appointments: Had my 39 week appt. today. They found protein in my urine but blood pressure looked fine and they said it could be due to me still being dehydrated from the stomach flu over the weekend. Still ordered a blood draw and another urine sample (which I don't know if they can even use because there was not enough urine in my body).

Rants/Raves: I keep hoping I will go into labor so I can start my maternity leave a little early, but we'll see. Friday is my first day off and I am SO ready for it to be here (though I will still have papers to grade).

Questions: n/a

GTKY:  What are you doing for yourself these last few weeks of pregnancy? I think I am down to days now (fx). If I make it through Thursday, I think some special time with DD will be in order to cuddle and paint and remember her last bit of time as an only child.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    Week/Size: 38/pumpkin

Symptoms: mild cramping/braxton hicks, lots of "cleaning out" of the bowels (sorry TMI haha), boobs are leaking... all the fun stuff

Recent/Upcoming Appointments: Had one this morning... still at 1 cm :( Next Wednesday is my next appointment... will be 39 weeks 1 day and my doc will do membrane sweep.

Rants/Raves: Just praying to go into labor. My back hurts so badly that I can barely walk and I have been on spring break all week... REALLY don't want to go back, but don't want to have to make that call. We are also officially living with my parents and all our stuff is headed to storage in Virginia... where we will be moving a few weeks after baby. What were we thinking?!

Questions:

GTKY:  What are you doing for yourself these last few weeks of pregnancy?: Because of my back pain, I have spent as much time as I possibly can lying down. My body needs rest. Everything hurts. Come out baby!!!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016