Options

TW Tuesday

Who's being a Twatwaffle?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: TW Tuesday

• Options
    I don't know exactly who, but whatever fuckwit (pardon my French) broke my rear windshield deserves to die a slow, painful death. Got in the car, shut the door, and heard a giant crash behind me. Looked back, and the whole thing was shattered. 

I'm guessing it was the kids on the soccer field kicking a ball through, because nothing was taken that I could tell and no one else on the block seems to have had the same bad luck. We keep the car relatively empty anyway, so it's not as though it would have been an attractive target for thieves. 

I just don't even know what to do about it. I can't really deal right now, so I walked to the train station and am on my way in to work. Not sure how I'm getting the dog to the vet tomorrow now.
  • Options
    My body is a TW. I am so ready for baby to be here. Every painful contraction my heart jumps! Hopefully my dr will do a membrane sweep tomorrow and that will help get things going in the right direction!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TW to me or DH idk anymore...He got a call back for a second interview for a great job. Don't get me wrong I am happy for him and he deserves it. I want him to go for it. But he's already upset for not letting him take unnecessary time off from work early and now with this interview I simply asked if his boss was gonna be ok giving him the day off. He's leaving work early today to take me to the doc and his boss gave him shit for that! Then he's taking Friday off for another doc appointment that is earlier than usual. Then another appointment on Monday. I just don't want him to get shit from work. Is it bad for me to worry? He thinks im not being supportive. If I could I would drive myself to the doc but no I can't. He doesn't understand my perspective either. I wish labor would just jump start already! *insert pregnancy emotions here*

Oh and wtf DMV where is my new license? You charged me over a month ago and it's expired already!! 
  • Options
    TW to me or DH idk anymore...He got a call back for a second interview for a great job. Don't get me wrong I am happy for him and he deserves it. I want him to go for it. But he's already upset for not letting him take unnecessary time off from work early and now with this interview I simply asked if his boss was gonna be ok giving him the day off. He's leaving work early today to take me to the doc and his boss gave him shit for that! Then he's taking Friday off for another doc appointment that is earlier than usual. Then another appointment on Monday. I just don't want him to get shit from work. Is it bad for me to worry? He thinks im not being supportive. If I could I would drive myself to the doc but no I can't. He doesn't understand my perspective either. I wish labor would just jump start already! *insert pregnancy emotions here*

Oh and wtf DMV where is my new license? You charged me over a month ago and it's expired already!! 
    Does your state not do temporary printouts? How obnoxious! 
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    mrstrax said:

I renewed through mail. Thanks to BR I couldn't go in and change my last name at the same time...that will have to happen later. It's been a week since it expired. 
  • Options
    My body is a TW. I am so ready for baby to be here. Every painful contraction my heart jumps! Hopefully my dr will do a membrane sweep tomorrow and that will help get things going in the right direction!!!
    I feel your pain.  At 37 weeks 2 days I know my Dr isn't even going to consider it..but these contractions suck
  • Options
    AEG84AEG84 member
    6 year-old DSS is being a twatwaffle today (well, this whole week really). I swear it feels like he is regressing to toddler stage in anticipation of the baby coming. He is normally a little challenging in the mornings because he gets distracted, but lately it's 1000x worse. Example: this morning, we told him to make his sandwich for lunch when he finished eating breakfast. He finishes eating and disappears. Not to make a sandwich, but to go practice piano (which, great, but not right now when you're already running late, kid). Starts making his sandwich, gets distracted by empty dog bowl and fills that up instead of making his sandwich. Finishes making his sandwich but then gets distracted by something in his backpack and doesn't pack his lunchbox. Every single task is this level of challenging with him right now, including showering, getting dressed, picking up games that he's left out, etc. I'm on my last shred of patience by 7:30 every morning.
  • Options
    @AEG84 feel you - my 5 yo DS has been more hot mess than usual lately too. It doesn't help that he thinks since mom can't sleep he can stay up too and I'm just too miserable to enforce an earlier bedtime right now but it's definitely struggle city at our house right now.
  • Options
    @yodiggity Exactly what you said...I am so conflicted it's ridiculous. I want this little guy out of me, but am terrified of what is going to happen once he gets here. My DH and I run a business together and that can be stressful and difficult all by itself and I can't imagine what adding a small human will do to that equation. At least I finally finished the babies room, like literally 2 minutes ago...well the painting...nothing else is ready. Who waits until 7 days before their due date to start getting the babies room ready. 
  • Options
    Any of my coworkers who stop by and comment.  I know that you all want to be excited but come on....I've got maybe 3 weeks.

To my boss.  I asked that he ask any questions regarding this off site all week meeting last week.  We'll today is day 2 and he finally has questions.  Should have done this trip in Feb when I could have gone with.  I can only work since many miracles in a day.
  • Options
    @yodiggity Exactly what you said...I am so conflicted it's ridiculous. I want this little guy out of me, but am terrified of what is going to happen once he gets here. My DH and I run a business together and that can be stressful and difficult all by itself and I can't imagine what adding a small human will do to that equation. At least I finally finished the babies room, like literally 2 minutes ago...well the painting...nothing else is ready. Who waits until 7 days before their due date to start getting the babies room ready. 
    I am due in six days. And we are renovating our house (including the babies room)- nothing is ready. You are not alone.
  • Options
    This billing lady "Margie" is apparently a TW. I have been trying to get this medical bill resolved through my insurance and I need to talk to her to do it. For some reason she is the only billing person and does not do her job. It has been over a week of calling and she never answers. She also does not return messages. What the fuck?
  • Options
    @randilea0110 Some times I think parents and in laws are the worse when it comes to things that you'd think would be common sense in relation to babies. My parents house is covered in cat and dog pee/fur and nicotine from years of my dad smoking in doors without any ventilation. My mom just told me that she is making a whole room just for the baby at the house. I've been there 3 times in the past 4 years for maybe 15 minutes. I left and decided I wouldn't look back and would make sure that I break the cycle and choose a better life. If I don't feel comfortable being exposed, I'm sure as shit not exposing my child to that.
  • Options
    @sarahufl We've been renovating throughout the whole process, and now that everything is complete construction wise, we've decided to put the house on the market. I think that you and I may be taking crazy pills to do all of this so close to our due dates. ;-) At this point I'm kind of hoping the hard work will cause me to go in a little bit early.
  • Options
    And a twatwaffle two-fer! My husband came home from his business trip this evening. No kiss hello. No kiss goodnight. No hug. No handshake. Not a single morsel of physical affection. What I did get was an exclamation that last night without me was the best he's slept in a long time. In fact, he slept so well that he thinks we should maybe start sleeping in separate beds. You know, just every other night or something. 

We also haven't had sex on more than six weeks. So... cool, I guess. Who doesn't want to be married to a purely platonic roommate? 
  • Options
    AGK2015 said:
    And a twatwaffle two-fer! My husband came home from his business trip this evening. No kiss hello. No kiss goodnight. No hug. No handshake. Not a single morsel of physical affection. What I did get was an exclamation that last night without me was the best he's slept in a long time. In fact, he slept so well that he thinks we should maybe start sleeping in separate beds. You know, just every other night or something. 

We also haven't had sex on more than six weeks. So... cool, I guess. Who doesn't want to be married to a purely platonic roommate? 
    Beat him with blunt objects once a night as long as he's away from you. "Best sleep ever" my ass.
  • Options
    AGK2015 said:

Beat him with blunt objects once a night as long as he's away from you. "Best sleep ever" my ass.

I dunno about beating him, but it's taking all of my self control right now not to go into the bedroom, lay down next to him, and unleash my loudest, most hormonal pregnant sobs (I'm not currently crying, but I'm pretty sure I could make it happen). You know, just enough to wake him up and keep him up. Only one of us has to go to work tomorrow, and frankly, I don't care if he spends the day miserable. He got plenty of sleep last night, after all, and we can always sleep in separate beds the next night, just like he suggested.

So much pregnant rage right now. 
  • Options
    AGK2015 said:
    AGK2015 said:

I dunno about beating him, but it's taking all of my self control right now not to go into the bedroom, lay down next to him, and unleash my loudest, most hormonal pregnant sobs (I'm not currently crying, but I'm pretty sure I could make it happen). You know, just enough to wake him up and keep him up. Only one of us has to go to work tomorrow, and frankly, I don't care if he spends the day miserable. He got plenty of sleep last night, after all, and we can always sleep in separate beds the next night, just like he suggested.

So much pregnant rage right now. 
    This kind of makes you the TW. SO and I have been sleeping in separate beds for a few weeks. Now we are in separate rooms. Third trimester is uncomfortable, I'm snoring like a freight train and my pregnancy pillow is the size of another human.  It's not really feasible for us to sleep in the same bed. He moved to the guest room about a week ago because he couldn't sleep through my snoring, even with ear plugs/cotton balls. It sucks but he has to sleep and get up for work. 
  • Options
    sparklr10 said:
    TW goes to the idiot that parked so close to my car at babies r us that I couldn't get my pregnant belly back into my car! When there was like no one else in the parking lot, why the hell did you even park by me? Ugh! 
    lol, especially at a baby store. Those spots should be extra wide!

At my Babies r Us, the bathrooms are upstairs, at the back of the store. Last time I was there, I was like "um, what percentage of your shoppers are pregnant? Bathrooms in the entrance, please!"
  • Options
    mrstrax said:

I renewed through mail. Thanks to BR I couldn't go in and change my last name at the same time...that will have to happen later. It's been a week since it expired. 
    Early confession - i would drive anyway (if it's just because of the license thing). As long as you know your license number, you're fine. I don't think it's necessary for my husband to come to all of my appointments if it's interfering with work.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016