Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

No AF yet w/Provera

Tomorrow makes my 12th day of Provera, which is the last day of my first round, and still no AF... I have had absolutely no signs or symptoms of her presence. How long after starting Provera are you supposed to start?

Re: No AF yet w/Provera

• Options
    JohnnaToo said:
    Tomorrow makes my 12th day of Provera, which is the last day of my first round, and still no AF... I have had absolutely no signs or symptoms of her presence. How long after starting Provera are you supposed to start?
    12th day taking Provera or 12th day since you've finished taking the pills? Most women seem to get AF 1-2 days after the last pill. If it's been 12 days since you've finished the pills you should call your doctor because you could have a cyst or something else preventing your period.
  • Options
    Please do not create new threads for items that could easily be searched for.

From Dr. Google:
    "Provera is usually given for 10 days. After that time a woman can expect bleeding from two to 10 days later."

This should have been reviewed with you by your doctor before beginning the medication. If you have further concerns, contact your doctor's office. 
    Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Please do not create new threads for items that could easily be searched for.

From Dr. Google:
    "Provera is usually given for 10 days. After that time a woman can expect bleeding from two to 10 days later."

This should have been reviewed with you by your doctor before beginning the medication. If you have further concerns, contact your doctor's office. 
    I respectfully disagree with you on the dismissal of her concern. I took provera for 7 days (5 mg) and didn't see AF until the evening of day 14 AFTER stopping the pill. My doctor said it could take a week or so and I kinda gave myself 2 weeks.Though I searched and searched and panicked, the only thing I found was someone saying "I've never heard of anyone getting AF later than day 11" ...you never hear until you do. That's why these forums are great to have supportive people sharing their experiences @JohnnaToo try not to freak out, call the Dr after day 14, it could be just around the corner! Have a great day!
  • Options
    This will be my last post in "Trying to Get Pregnant".  I have asked a couple of questions and got nothing but hateful answers from all of you.  I have a disease that is stopping me from getting pregnant.  There is a possibility that I may never have a child of my own and all of you have nothing but dismissive, bitchy responses.  I thought this was a place to talk about your own situation and have other women going through the same thing comfort you and give you a glimmer of hope.  But I have realized that this is something I'm obviously going to have to go through on my own.  

Thank you @sarah1198 for sticking up for me.

@nwegman7878 and @mrsdaddario There's no need to be rude.  If you have a problem with my question then move on.  Don't read it.  Don't make me feel like I don't belong.

Good luck to all of you.
  • Options
    • Behaving in an excessively rude, aggressive, intimidating, profane or vulgar manner
    • Escalating a situation and/or causing a negative experience for the community
    • Respect the feelings and opinions of other members
    I have read the guide to posting and perhaps you should reread it yourself @nwegman7878
  • Options

Hi there,

Due to the topic of this thread, we will be closing it from all further comments.

Please be advised that continuing to create threads related to this will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump forums.

We thank you for your understanding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"