October 2016 Moms

Happiness Thread!

A place to post things that make you happy, what you are thankful for, or just to express any form of gratitude! 

My first one is a bit long & deep, but here goes! As I lay in bed this morning cuddled up with my husband who loves me unconditionally, our sweet puppies, and our precious little one growing inside me, my heart is happy. October will make 5 years since I did the hardest thing I've ever had to do - make the final decision to get out of an abusive relationship that was breaking me in every way possible. It was a 7 year long relationship that I thought I was "stuck" in forever & never saw any way out (due to countless threats & for lack of a better word, brainwashing). My dream was always to be a mother, but at some point in that relationship I decided I would never bring a child into that world, because I couldn't let a child suffer like I was. It was heartbreaking to give up the dream of being a mom, but I knew it was the right decision in that situation. I won't go into all the details (at least not right now!), but a series of life changing events brought me to a moment where I ran & didn't look back. I am grateful for that every single day. Not long after, I met my husband, who is crazy, kind, thoughtful, spontaneous & loves me more than I ever thought was possible. I still have some anxiety on occasion that stems from the past, and he can calm me like no one else. I have no doubt he would do anything in his power to make me happy. Every day I'm in awe of this life I now have. We struggled with thinking that we might not be able to have kids & I was just getting to the point where I was accepting that, because I love our life & believed that God had a plan. And here we now are. Life is good & crazy & full of surprises! 

And on a lighter happiness note...I am so happy that I just remembered I have a pair of my favorite pair of jeans in the next size up! I bought them a few years ago and they were slightly too big, but I loved the style, so I went back & bought a smaller size. Tucked the bigger ones in the back of my closet & didn't remember them until a few days ago. So... Yay for bigger britches! Haha.

Re: Happiness Thread!

• Loading the player...
  • @Kaessi, I have said many times, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Also, I have said that although I wouldn't do it again, I don't think I'd take it back because it taught me so much and made me who I am today. 
  • Congrats @klv! What a happy day!! 

@Pupatella I agree on both of those! My DH just had surgery & while he can't do much, he still offers to do everything he possibly can to make things easier on me. 

@ladyshark311 I'm so glad your FI is ok! How scary that must have been. But how sweet that he was so concerned about you. Sounds like you have a good one!
  • Yup definitely needs to be a weekly thread.

So much to be thankful for: my hubby, my family, my friends, Wendy's and McDonalds, my cats and dog, my job, the weather, and I know I'm forgetting things.

Oh yes, and maternity pants! Must be thankful for maternity pants!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'll try my best to make this weekly!  Should we stick with Sundays?
  • I'll try my best to make this weekly!  Should we stick with Sundays?
  • @Kaessi I think Sunday's are perfect and I can be your backup to post just in case you are busy or have a case of pregnancy brain that day! Lol
  • I love this! I am so grateful for my sweet husband, who has been so understanding about my limitations and crazy hormonal crying fits, haha. 
  • Beyond the obvious family and friends, I am grateful my employer offers some paid leave. I will get 3 weeks at full pay and 6 weeks at half pay. I didn't realize they offered any at all until I had a talk with HR today. It was a fantastic surprise. If I go to term (due date is 10/16), then I will have enough between that and savings to take off through Christmas and not have to come back until the new year.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • My happiness for today, having alone time with my 8 year old DS on this day of perfect weather! My stepkids are all with their Mom for a few days because they are all on spring break and my DD is up visiting family. It's been nice to just hang out with him alone.
  • I woke up this morning really wanting to hear our little guy's heartbeat, and literally the very first spot DH plopped down the Doppler, there it was! It even left.a little swirl of gel on my belly because we didn't have to move it around at all. It felt like he wanted to say good morning to us too! <3
  • I am so thankful to be finally be feeling alive again and out of the first trimester!! First trimester was tough, but I am finally feeling like my old self!! I know DH is thankful for this, too :)
            Me: 26 | DH: 27
    June 2012: Married | Started TTC #1 BFP Jan 25 2016 | EDD Sept 30 2016