Pregnant after IF

Randoms Week of 3/28

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears, etc.? Spill them here!
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: Randoms Week of 3/28

• mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited March 2016
    24 weeks this week! Baby has been moving around like crazy --- kicks, punches, rolls! Last Wednesday and Thursday I was really stressed out at work and I noticed that baby's movements were less than other days. Friday and Saturday, he/she was back to his or her usual movement. Yesterday I was tired and was stressing out a little about my glucose test today and for some reason the day before an appointment I get a little nervous, again less movement. Anyone else ever experience this? I might be in my own head here but it's a strange coincidence (or not so strange coincidence?).

I spoke to my doctor about counting kicks today too. He reassured me that counting kicks isn't necessary. Instead just payng attention to baby's movement / patterns and looking for any strong lack of fetal movement that seemed out of the ordinary. Had an ultrasound today and Baby has a strong heartbeat :) which is of course reassuring :)
  • riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited March 2016
    Mine are still so sporadic, I haven't noticed a similar trend. But, I understand the overanalyzation. My husband and I went to visit his parents last week/this past weekend, and they took a day to go skiing. I tagged along to shop and hang out at the base. When I was there, I didn't feel the baby at all. I started getting nervous that he wasn't moving because he wasn't getting enough oxygen (I live below sea level and we were about 8,000 feet up). On the drive back from the resort, I would push my hand pretty deeply into my stomach until I could make him move just a little. His parents also live about 6000 feet up and the baby moved so much less when I was up there. It made me nervous, but I'm back at my below sea level living and have felt my little one multiple times today.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• Loading the player...
  • I noticed that LO would move more in spurts: for a few days, I wouldn't gain any weight, but he'd be moving like crazy. Then I'd gain weight, but he was quiet. So I guess our little guy doesn't gain as much weight when he exercises ;) I also noticed that when he doesn't move as much and I start to worry, I'll either tell the OB at my appointment (like today) or I use my doppler...and then he starts kicking with a revenge! I had an OB appointment this morning at 9am, and told her he was moving, just not the crazy kicks I had the past few weeks, and figured he was just getting a little cramped in there. Well...he started moving a lot more throughout the afternoon (as I was busy with clients, so that was fun!) and after I had dinner, he went CRAZY! DH couldn't believe all the movement! So yeah, he's fine! My OB also has never asked me to do a kick count. 
  • Thanks ladies! Looks like I'm not alone with the baby movement spurts. Sounds like every baby is a little different for sure and environmental issues can play a part. I of course Googled stress being a reason for a lack of movement and some say that it can impact baby's movement.  

That's the biggest pattern I've noticed: our LO loves to eat, or at least he/she loves to wiggle around while I eat :smile: I also sit at a desk for most of the day at work (sigh) so I feel a lot of movement during the day, when I'm home I am always running around the house and don't really feel the baby until I sit down and rest which makes sense. 

Funny side note, ultrasound yesterday confirmed that baby is facing down right now... which explains why for the past few days I've been feeling some jabs towards my bum and and my you know what! :blush: 
  • I've had quite the day!  I bought groceries and forgot them in the back of my car for an hour and a half and then I paid for dinner tonight and forgot to take my card AND sign the check.  My endocrinologist started me on bedtime insulin and told me there's at least a 50% chance I'll need mealtime insulin with twins. And the icing on the cake -- my daughter wet her pants at our ECFE class and no one noticed (we do a separating class, so I was in another room).  She was wet to her ankles.  I didn't realize she'd also pooped until I whipped her pants off and spread poop all down her legs.  Man!  I need a do over!!  I just want to go to bed and hope tomorrow is better.
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • @emsmama15 What a day!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Wow seriously @emsmama15 , you deserve a do over, or just a break! Hope tomorrow is a better day!
  • Oh no @emsmama15 what a day! Here's to a better day today :smile: 

• That is a real case of the Mondays, @emsmama15, without it even being Monday.  Hopefully you have a lot of good "Fridays and Saturdays" for the rest of the week!
  • @Piperella Can't wait for you to join us!!
  • Oh we absolutely deserve girl scout badges @Piperella ! Think of all the badges we could have: injection, HSG and other awful tests, bloodwork, surgery, intravaginal ultrasound....
  • Totally agree with @KidShrink and @Piperella lol. We all are champs :)

On a separate note, what brand/type of crib mattress did u all get? When I asked at BuyBuy Baby, they said that their best seller is sth called Colgate Breath-Flex 2-stage mattress ($199.0). I haven't done much research on crib mattress yet. I just know that it is supposed to be firm for NB. So any insight is appreciated.

Also, fisher price 4-in1- rocker and glider vs. Mamaroo. What are ur thoughts? Just wondering if investing in Mamaroo (269$) is worth it or not as some of my colleagues have mentioned that their kids didn't like the swings at all. They got the fisher price and said that it was waste of $120. TIA
  • @Binnie505 : we got a safety 1st that's a 2 in 1. One side is very firm for baby, and the other side is a little softer for a toddler (we got a 4 in 1 crib, so we're hoping to use this mattress until we move him to the double bed). It was less than $100 CAD, so definitely not more than 70-80 US. 

We're planning on getting a Mamaroo for our LO. My sister gave me the swing she had (a really basic battery operated front to back swing) and we have a little bouncy seat downstairs too, but I want something upstairs so I don't always need to move things around and can keep baby entertained as I'm getting ready. I hadn't considered the Fisher Price one, but it does have great reviews and is significantly cheaper than the Mamaroo...you got me thinking now! Ultimately, these things are only going to be good for a few months. My sister had to stop using the swing with her daughter at around 6 months because she was so big, it was slowing down and becoming unsafe. 
  • @KidShrink yes it will be useful only for 6 month or so or until the baby starts sitting up or moving around. I might just go with the fisher price :) but Mamaroo sure is fancy lol
  • Hey ladies, I have a question for you all:

So I'm wondering if anyone else, maybe those further along, have experienced this: Since Tuesday I have been oh my goodness hungry. Like when I wake up, I have to start eating within 2 minutes because I feel like I'm going to faint otherwise. And I have to eat at least every 90 minutes, if not more often. I'm really hoping it is a growth spurt, and I'm going to ask my RE about it tomorrow, but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Luckily I don't have any nausea so I'm able to eat that often, it's just getting kinda tedious as I have to pack two snacks anytime I leave the house. I also haven't been eating anything in the middle of the night. I'm thinking I should probably start bringing a snack to bed and eat it when I get up to go to the bathroom.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @Binnie505  We picked this mattress out: https://www.amazon.com/Naturepedic-Compromise-Organic-Classic-Mattress/dp/B000UN30Q8?ie=UTF8&colid=QW5CY54YO7PB&coliid=I3EDQP201ARM19&redirect=true&ref_=br_it_dp_v_nS_ttl. We picked it based on reviews and safety standards. I found it so hard to pick one out because there are just so many. We saw this one in store while furniture shopping so we were able to 'test' it out haha.

AandDM2014 24 weeks and I still need to eat something every 2 hours. This started towards the end of my first trimester. I haven't really eaten anything in the middle of the night though. I would usually just drink a glass of water when I would get up to go to the bathroom. In the mornings I am really hungry when I wake up and need to in within 30 minutes or I feel sick / dizzy. I usually get up and drink a big glass of milk and that helps --- strange I know, but milk has been my go to all pregnancy. Tastes good and it's relatively filling when you can't actually eat something. It's a good way to get in those extra calories :smile: 

• @mechelita44. Thanks I'll check this one out too :)

@AandDM2014. I am 29+4 and I still eat like crazy. Sometimes I even wake up at 2 am or 3 am to eat something because I am hungry and if I don't eat then the heartburn makes my life miserable. These days it's mostly as soon as the level of food goes down in my tummy the heartburn goes up. So basically my tummy is usually always full lol
  • Omg y'all . . . the SWEATING! It's out of control, and it's not even hot here yet. I feel like I need to change clothes 2 or 3 times a day! This is going to be an interesting summer haha...
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• @Binnie505 - I second the 2 in 1 mattress.  We got that for our daughter and it was really nice.  I think it was Simmons brand.  We got it at Target.

@riveridgional - I had to turn the ceiling fan last night!!!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Oh I hear ya @riveridgional ! I've had antiperspirant in my office (that I'd reapply at least once or twice a day) for the past few months now. In the last few weeks, it's happened a few times where I'd have to fan myself or take off a layer to only wear a sleeveless top when with cients because I just couldn't function anymore. And ice water is my best friend. I'm also sleeping with just one blanket as opposed to all of them, and usually will have some part of me hanging out of the blankets. We have a nice gas fireplace and I think I can count on one hand the number of times we've started it this winter (this was usually initiated by me while watching TV). With the swelling I'm getting now, I'm REALLY happy to be due in May! 
  • All winter my poor hubby went to bed in long sleeves and pants... meanwhile I am rocking my undies and a tank and I still got hot!
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited April 2016
    Here I am that usually sleeps in undies and window open ( hello winter in Norway) now has the window shut, bought pyjama pants, tank, found a sweater yesterday, put on socks... I just can't seem to get warm :disappointed: 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• For those of you that did PIO, when did you stop injections? I've been told to stop mine now at 10 weeks. I haven't had any bloodwork to check levels or anything and I'm so happy to be done the shots but I'm nervous about just stopping. I do trust my doctor, I'm just feeling nervous but I'm sure I would feel nervous no matter what. 
  • @Minnie1155 - I took PIO all the way up to week 13.  I also was on a higher dose than most (2cc). I've seen the majority of women come off it between weeks 9-12.
  • I will be doing the same as you @minnie1155. My clinic has given me a date from the moment I told them I'm pregnant which will be exactly on my 10 weeks mark.
    I have an appointment with my other clinic (I got IVF done in Denmark, but had some check-ups here in Norway) on Monday and will ask them what they do, as I am afraid to stop so abruptly. But apparently your placenta will take over so it should all be good. 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I posted a few days ago about being ungodly hungry all the time. I found out why at my u/s appointment yesterday. Baby has consistently been growing 5-6 days each week, but since last Friday s/he grew by 9 days. No wonder I was so starving! It's slowed down a bit, but I still have to have breakfast right after getting up (even though I tried eating crackers every time I got up to go to the bathroom).

I hope everyone has a nice weekend!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @Minnie1155 I too stopped at 10 weeks. I am currently 30 weeks. I think rationale behind it is that ur placenta starts producing the progesterone after 8 weeks. All the best.