May 2016 Moms

Mini Victory - Flu Shot!

So, I am one of those people who NEVER gets vaccines. I think the last vac I had was when I was in middle school and the woman administering it must have done a HORRIBLE job because I remember it hurting a ton and my arm was super cramped. Anyways, that was over 10 years ago. Flash forward to now and I am one of those people who doesn't get flu shots because they're scared of the pain  :'( I FINALLY went in to get mine for my baby's sake - I am at 32 weeks. I honestly could barely feel the needle at all! It was so unreal. I was so happy, it was over so quickly, and my arm is barely even sore. It's more just like an awareness that  something happened there but it certainly doesn't hurt :) I'm feeling very proud of myself and just wanted to share that mini-victory. And for anyone else who is like me and terrified of the flu shot  - don't worry~~~~

Re: Mini Victory - Flu Shot!

• Where do you live? Flu season is almost over here! You should have got the Dtap at the same time! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• ahh just saw your post about dtap.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah..I'm in SoCal. I know the flu season is almost over, but still, you never know. I was planning to get both done at the same time,  but I guess you already know why I didn't as you saw my post :)
  • Yay! I'm glad you did! Sometimes, flu surges just before it dissipates for the season (as is happening where I am in SW PA right now) and it seems like the experience helped you to build some confidence. :)
  • A bunch of my Facebook friends have been posting this week about their kids having the flu. I was surprised,  figured flu season was over! 
  • They could have the flu I suppose!  Or, maybe they have something that presents itself with flu-like symptoms :( Either way, yuck, but better late than never for me I suppose!
  • Congrats on your victory. Baby steps for sure. 
  • Good job!  Also, I heard a news story about flu possibly lasting into spring this year, plus our babies won't be 6 months (old enough for the vaccine) till November, which is well into the start of flu season in some places (especially for those of us due in late May!)  So hurray for the extra protection!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker