July 2016 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• My alarm clock is my TW. Just let me sleep forever!!! Also husband got up when his went off and has been sleeping ever since grr I am so jealous and sleepy and my first client this morning hates mornings so seeing a crabby 8 year old is not how I want to start today 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Loading the player...
  • DH got fired yesterday after filing a harrasment suit against his boss. The situation is all sorts of messed up. 

I'm a SAHM so we now have no income whatsoever until DH finds a new job.
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • AB34 said:
    DH got fired yesterday after filing a harrasment suit against his boss. The situation is all sorts of messed up. 

I'm a SAHM so we now have no income whatsoever until DH finds a new job.
    That sounds fishy as fuck. Hopefully he can get his unemployment paperwork filed quickly so you guys have something to tide you over until he finds work again. 
  • @AB34 Yeaaaah, totally sketchy. Is that even legal? My gah.
    Totally not legal at all. But we doubt it's worth it to attempt to fight it. :neutral: 
  • @ab34 I assume he's going forward with the suit, though...right?
  • @AB34 That's really lousy and super sketchy!
  • @ab34 I assume he's going forward with the suit, though...right?
    So HR handed the suit to his Director of Nursing, and they had a sit down meeting with her and his supervisor (who he filed the suit against). His complaint was that the care coordinator had been angry, aggressive, and verbally abusive toward him. They basically told him it was all his attitude and his attitude (stressed out, asking for help on the floor) made hers excusable. They told him he could suck it up, move units, or quit. 

When the HR lady and the Director of Nursing fired him, he brought this up and the HR lady denied ever having been notified of the harrasment charge. DH was like, well I printed out the email so I have proof. They didn't seem to care. They had come up with a statement by his co-worker saying he had said a bunch of things earlier that day that he hadn't. This is the same coworker who told DH she gave them an ultimatum earlier that day saying she wanted 5 days a week (aka DHs position) or she'd quit. 

TL;DR it's basically their word against his. 
  • @oneliloaktree13 I would never get sick of you.  :*
  • HMcDade1HMcDade1 member
    edited March 2016
    My TW is my work- who is making me come in on a day off to take a test on something I'm already certified in because some other nurse screwed up on one of our lesser acute floors and now we all have to prove that we are intelligent enough. The medical field is annoying as hell. 

It wouldn't be SO bad if I didn't have to drive an hour in rush hour traffic both ways. Who schedules something at 4PM on the opposite side of the city? 
  • MrsRo731MrsRo731 member
    edited March 2016
    My twatwaffle today is work - not for any particular reason other than I was home with DD the past 4 days and had such a good time. I generally like my job but some days it's hard to go when all I want to do is snuggle with my kiddo.

ETA - @ButterMyBiscuit Oh hell no. That would send me over the edge. I love DD's daycare and hate when people assume it's like some kind of underground baby/toddler fight club. 
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • But more annoying...she keeps insisting on a mother/daughter dance. She also wanted this at my wedding which I shot down. But here is the kicker. She wants it to be the chicken dance. HELL NO. I despise that song. And I refuse to parade my pregnant whale body around in front of guests doing a stupid dance. And she literally will not take no for an answer. I'm getting so annoyed by this I'm about to start being mean about it. I fear she is going to continue to ignore me and all of the sudden the music will start and she's going to grab and pull me to the dance floor. She just doesn't get you cannot force people to do things they don't want to just because it's your wedding. And seriously, who wants to watch that shit? 
    Oh my God, what a nightmare! I would be super annoyed by this too. If you hear the music starting, waddle as fast as you can to the ladies room!
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • @MrsRo731 Ha! The image of a baby/toddler fight club is too funny to me.
  • rnyland1 said:

AB34 said:
    @ab34 I assume he's going forward with the suit, though...right?
    So HR handed the suit to his Director of Nursing, and they had a sit down meeting with her and his supervisor (who he filed the suit against). His complaint was that the care coordinator had been angry, aggressive, and verbally abusive toward him. They basically told him it was all his attitude and his attitude (stressed out, asking for help on the floor) made hers excusable. They told him he could suck it up, move units, or quit. 

When the HR lady and the Director of Nursing fired him, he brought this up and the HR lady denied ever having been notified of the harrasment charge. DH was like, well I printed out the email so I have proof. They didn't seem to care. They had come up with a statement by his co-worker saying he had said a bunch of things earlier that day that he hadn't. This is the same coworker who told DH she gave them an ultimatum earlier that day saying she wanted 5 days a week (aka DHs position) or she'd quit. 

TL;DR it's basically their word against his. 
    I think a lawyer would love to take this case. 

a lawyer might take the case....but when we tried to go forward with a suit against my DH's former employer we basically gave up after a while, because our lawyers couldn't make a deal without us going to court.  So, in other words, we ran out of money to pursue the case because going to court would have been very pricey.  It was also a similar situation (their word against my DH's). I've had some other legal issues in the past and will tell you that a good lawyer is extremely expensive and they typically won't lift a finger until their retainer fees are paid and/or replenished. However, a good enough lawyer can sometimes work as an intimidation factor (worked for me in one instance) for the other party to back down about something. @AB34 you should go for it if you want just be prepared for the potential cost.
    Don't know how to shrink the quote box, but this is basically where we are at. We have no expendable money right now. We have about a month of savings and DH is just kind of over it. Applying for jobs now... Thankfully as a nurse he is pretty marketable. 

Thanks for your support ladies!!
  • MDmomma1217MDmomma1217 member
    edited March 2016
    My TW is what I am pretty sure is sciatic pain. I have been going to the chiropractor since January for low back pain (it feels like someonehas punched me in the back ). Now I am getting a pins and needles feeling down my leg that has woken me up in the middle of the night and it happened this morning driving to work .  Not cool. 
  • My TW is mommy guilt. I'm pretty set on quitting my job (date TBD) but DD loves her preschool. It wouldn't make financial sense for her to continue attending if I'm not earning an income though. At least her cousins are nearby and my SIL only works 2 days a week.
  • quartz02 said:
    My TW is mommy guilt. I'm pretty set on quitting my job (date TBD) but DD loves her preschool. It wouldn't make financial sense for her to continue attending if I'm not earning an income though. At least her cousins are nearby and my SIL only works 2 days a week.
    That's hard!! I've thought about putting DS in early preschool after the baby just for some socialization, but like you can't justify the cost. Is there a part time option? Even 1 day a week?
  • @AB34 you said he has a "suit" is  he representing himself in court or does he have an attorney? My office does employment based litigation you could try getting some free consultations but ultimately it will cost you. Also if they gave him the option to stick it out, change units OR quit then he can't really say he was fired and that might affect his unemployment eligibility. I don't know what state you live in but here in CA, they confirm with your employer and if your employer says that he was given options and not fired he would have a problem. The EDD would do an investigation and possibly a hearing. At my old job, our secretary quit and claimed she was constructively fired (meaning they gave her options but they were not viable options) and the EDD found that she wasn't fired and was not eligible for unemployment since she quit. You also could go the EEOC route but that can be a very lengthy process that could take a long time. Good luck I hope it all works out :) 

My TW are my emotions. They are out of control today.

Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Kellyj103 said:
    @AB34 you said he has a "suit" is  he representing himself in court or does he have an attorney? My office does employment based litigation you could try getting some free consultations but ultimately it will cost you. Also if they gave him the option to stick it out, change units OR quit then he can't really say he was fired and that might affect his unemployment eligibility. I don't know what state you live in but here in CA, they confirm with your employer and if your employer says that he was given options and not fired he would have a problem. The EDD would do an investigation and possibly a hearing. At my old job, our secretary quit and claimed she was constructively fired (meaning they gave her options but they were not viable options) and the EDD found that she wasn't fired and was not eligible for unemployment since she quit. You also could go the EEOC route but that can be a very lengthy process that could take a long time. Good luck I hope it all works out :) 

My TW are my emotions. They are out of control today.

Sorry, I mis-used my words. He filed a complaint with HR, not a legal suit. My bad. They gave him those options last week, he decided to stay where he was because he loves his position, and yesterday they fired him. 
  • @AB34 oh yeah I would still get some consultations. We are a nonprofit so people don't pay us but maybe some attorneys will be willing to work with him on a contingency basis. It may be a possible retaliation claim. 

Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Kellyj103 said:
    @AB34 oh yeah I would still get some consultations. We are a nonprofit so people don't pay us but maybe some attorneys will be willing to work with him on a contingency basis. It may be a possible retaliation claim. 

I'll keep that in mind! Thanks!
  • quartz02 said:
    My TW is mommy guilt. I'm pretty set on quitting my job (date TBD) but DD loves her preschool. It wouldn't make financial sense for her to continue attending if I'm not earning an income though. At least her cousins are nearby and my SIL only works 2 days a week.
    @quartz02 How old is DD? If you want to keep her socialized maybe check out your local library to see what kinds of kiddie events/classes they have during the day. I did this when DD was little and I found that for the most part it was the same kids attending week after week. Also maybe try meetup.com and see if there's a mommy group in your area? 
  • quartz02 said:
    @quartz02 - What about like 2 days a week? Do they offer that at her school? I understand where you're coming from on this. I'm planning on returning to work but there has been a lot of uncertainty about the future of our company and possible downsizing. I wouldn't be opposed to staying home if they laid me off, but one of the things that's bothering me is how it would affect DD and the change in her routine. 
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • TM14TM14 member
    I'm the TW today. My doctor is worried about my blood sugars, and I'm going to be starting several medications. She warned me that I'm high risk,  and that if we don't get this under control it could hurt me or the baby. Why am I a TWO? Because it's a beautiful day out and I just want to sit around and sulk. I've put movies on for my daughter hoping that'll be enough to entertain her until her father gets home
  • Twatwaffle is the broken air conditioning in my office. I'm sweating my ass off while on conference calls. I'd take the call elsewhere but I need my work desktop. I wish I could strip to my underwear 
  • jlgriff11 said:
    Twatwaffles today are other people's children who decided to prank call me at work and yell DEEZ NUTZ in my ear. Then listen to terrible rap music and forget to hang up the phone.

Also if you call the number back that they called from they literally have "Deez Nutz" as their answering machine.
    Oh man... I can see how this is annoying, but it's seriously making me giggle. I'm a 14 year old boy inside.
  • Well my TW isn't anything at all as serious as some of these twats...
    BUT the woman running my team's workload meeting. I came in last and she stared at my belly and said "WHOOOOAA!" super loud and made everyone else turn and stare. Yep, I'm huge, thanks for the introduction but my team sees me daily so you're the only one surprised...
  • My TW is my husband who decided to deal with my concerns overy an elevated BP at my last appointment by picking a fight. Thanks, that will totally help the BP situation dear.