Baby Showers

Should I tell recipient I gave gift?

Hi, ladies! 

So the other day, I went to a friend's baby shower.  I had a small bag with cute onesies and a book, but then got this changing mattress thing that couldn't fit in a bag or what not but I wrapped it and put a label to say who it's to and who it's from.  Well, I got into my car this morning and saw that that label fell off in my car and now she has a gift with no idea who gave it to her. 
Do I tell her?  I don't want to be all like "Hey, give me credit" but at the same time... I'm wondering if I should let it go or not.  Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks, ladies!
Me: 37  |  DH: 43
Together since: 2009
Married:  May 2015
TTC Since:  Jan 2016

Re: Should I tell recipient I gave gift?

• kde4kde4 member
    I think you could definitely tell her. It was such an honest mistake, and she is probably wondering who it is from. I would just explain to her exactly what happened, and I'm sure she would understand and be appreciative that you let her know.

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• Loading the player...
  • I would absolutely tell her the mishap.  I don't think it's credit seeking.  If I were the gift receiver I would want to properly thank you and I would feel TERRIBLE that I didn't know who the gift was from.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• I would tell her, or get word to her through a hostess, if only that she could be taking a lot of time and effort to track down the person that gave her the changing mattress.  You can just keep it lighthearted and low key.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade