Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Monday Bitchfest: In-Laws Edition

Well, it was mentioned in the original MBF so I figured why not start it. Looks like it's a doozy of a Monday.

I've been blessed to have had an overall good relationship with my in-laws. The last time I had it out with my MIL was because she missed my Master's graduation last year, after missing my college graduation 5 years before, and saying for the entire two years I was in grad school that she couldn't wait to make it up to me and be there for my big moment. Not only did she miss the graduation but she didn't call for weeks after to say anything. We didn't speak for close to 6 months. 
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Monday Bitchfest: In-Laws Edition

• Options
    LOVE this. My MIL and I have a ... Neutral relationship. But I'm pretty sure she despises me. She complains to DH through text. She also is rude in all restaurant situations, to my parents and even servers. I have stories, but I have to ghost now!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Winnie81 It was something vaguely like I forgot or I was feeling bad about myself and just never ordered my ticket. DH tried to have the stance that I should've reminded her and that wasn't wise on his part. She has a chalkboard wall in her kitchen where she writes down everything! She didn't forget and if she was feeling bad oh damn well. The occasion wasn't about you. His family very much enables her on this front. They all kind of shrug and go well, that's how she is. I explained to him that it sucks to feel like a Beezy for calling her out on these things when no one else does. I said I'm not interested in having our LO be constantly disappointed by their grandma because she won't keep her word if a mood strikes her. She's getting better especially as I'm one to be like well we don't have to have a relationship at all if I have to dance around you doing things that hurt. 

I'm sorry your in-laws have that stance. Religion is definitely a tough area to have issues as people can get so passionate in ways that are harmful. It's also terrible because whatever the religion is, they all teach compassion and kindness towards fellow human beings so they aren't doing great on that front as they're judging you.
  • Options

@Sugargirl1019 "Neutral relationship"  Yes!  My MIL and I are the same way.

So is there a max character count on a single post because I'm pretty sure I could hit it at least twice.  My MIL and I have butted heads since DH and I got married in 2007, but we had a falling out about a year ago.  DH and I split last year for a few months after more than a year of having problems.  I asked for a trial separation.  DH volunteered to stay at his parents' house during it since I had no where to go.  MIL thinks DH walks on water because he's the most amazing person in the entire world *gag* and blamed the entire situation on me.  She also completely cut me off.  Wouldn't talk to me.  Wouldn't look at me.  Wouldn't acknowledge my presence in any way shape or form.  My ILs are very much "blood doesn't make you family" meaning that they treat everyone like family.  Except when you're struggling in a very unhappy marriage and ask their son to move out temporarily in an effort to SAVE your marriage.  It was all my fault.  I was the horrible wife who wasn't the person my DH needed.  According to her, DH did nothing wrong at all and was the perfect husband.  And she let the ENTIRE town know it.  (I HATE SMALL TOWN BS!!)  But then guess what.  As soon as DH and I decided that we were ready to live with each other again and start really working on things, guess who is suddenly my BFF again.  I told DH that his mom and I will never have the same relationship we did before.  I will fake it until I make it with her, but I will never trust her friendship again.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• Options
    I honestly do love my in laws. DHs family is super close...which is something I've never had. MIL can make some passive aggressive comments...such "you've been married for 5 years...people are asking about kids you know"... people meaning family and the whole town as DH is from a smaller town. MIL had been bugging for her first grandkid since that day we got married. Then SIL got married last year and it was almost like a competition or race to see who would get KU first in her mind....of course she got KU right away. Now all the family attention is on her and comments like "we finally get to be grandparents" are rolling in. DH has told her that we've been TTC. And SIL constantly sends photos of her bump and complains abut symptoms...but she knows our struggles because last week someone else made an insensitive pregnancy comment on Facebook and she texted me saying "I want to punch that person for being so intensive to you...I'm going to unleash my pregnant hormones on them"....cool thanks...you're not helping.

Also non TTC related...DH has 2 sisters who are super super close and I've honestly always felt left out. I have a sister who is 13 years younger than me and we're not close. Since we've been married I have always felt like the "sister in law"...and not included in their tight relationship. I guess I shouldn't expect to be...but the one sister lives 9 hours away and one lives here...and whenever she comes down they plan outings together and when I try to include myself (I just assume that she wants to see me too)...I get "well I would love to see you anther day I'm here but I just want time with *sil* today" it really hurts...and they tag each other in sister best friend etc posts on Facebook and never include me. I honestly don't think it's intentional and they've never been rude or anything but I've never had a close sister and I feel if the roles were reversed I would always include my SIL. I don't know. Maybe someone here with a sil and a really close sister can shed some insight...

Sorry for the rant....rant over!!!

Me: 27 // DH: 30 
    Married 05/21/2011
    TTC Since Feb 2016
    RE: Dec 2016 Dx: PCOS
    5 rounds of Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel + TI 
    BFP!!!! June 2017 // EDD: 04/01/2018
    IT'S A BOY!

• Options
    @meilay Wow that's awful. I'm glad your relationship with her was able to recover, but that's still so hurtful! Hopefully when you do have a LO, she's able to get her act together and be a reliable figure in their life. 

@Sugargirl1019 I haaate it when people are rude to servers. I would definitely hate eating out with her, because not only is it rude, but who knows what's happening to your food before it arrives... Ugh. 

@Winnie81 reading that almost gave me anxiety! I'm so sorry you have to deal with them, they sound awful tbh. Sending people to your home like that is such a violation, and I would definitely have a problem with it. And then his sister's comments about children...I'm so sorry! Hopefully you can limit your contact with them because they sound kind of toxic. 

I have a good relationship with my SO's family. His mother really loves me, and I love her, but I do feel like she oversteps her boundaries sometimes. I feel guilty, because she suffered a stroke a few years ago that left her with a limp and limited use of her left arm, so she is reliant on aides and her children to help her with certain things, but I still occasionally feel resentment. She is very OCD (has a diagnosis) and needs everything done in very specific ways; whether it's the way food is stored in her freezer to pictures on her wall, and the minute my SO is home from work, she's calling him to move furniture around or rearrange the contents of her cupboards. On the weekends, when we're looking forward to sleeping in and relaxing with each other, she's calling him at 8 a.m. to come over and perform some other chore, and if he isn't able to do it RIGHT THAT SECOND she gets upset. 

And I understand it would be frustrating to be unable to do or lift certain things the way you used to, but: She has 3 other adult children who are perfectly capable of helping her with these things, along with her aides that visit during the day. And I actually expect my SO to go help her out, but I also expect that we'll have some time to ourselves, especially since we really only have the weekends to share with each other. A week or so ago, we went out for some alone time, and she called while we were on our way and asked him to come vacuum her carpets after we finished dinner. 

My SO is a sweetheart, and he would do anything for his mom (as he should), so he'll never say anything to her And I don't feel like it's my place, but ugh...sometimes I just feel like she's taking advantage of him. I can't even imagine having a LO and fighting for my SO's attention like this.

I hope I don't sound awful but that's my bitchfest I guess lol.
  • Options
    @writeress that's really tough! You don't want to feel like a jerk because she does need help but you don't want SO to be at her every beck and call. Talk about a catch-22 bummer. Maybe a LO will force him to be a little more firm with his mom and encourage his siblings to step up more. 
  • Options
    Yeah I'm so glad that this thread got made. 

My in-laws are ridiculous. Both of my SILs have always been passive aggressive, childish and rude to me in various petty little ways that don't even matter anymore. Up until I got married I never had a problem with my MIL, but everything hit the fan when we told her that DH would be taking my name instead of the reverse. DH has always hated his surname and was happy to be rid of it since his dad was the worst human on the planet. However, my MIL didn't see it that way and after the ceremony immediately came up to me right in front of the alter, furious and crying that she felt embarrassed and betrayed that DH was doing this and that didn't tell her before so she could talk him out of it (DH had told her way before). She actually refused to dance the mother son dance with DH.

That's just one small drop in the bucket. SIL#1 told me that she hated that her brother was marrying a gringa and that she hated that I was white. SIL#2 posted on FB that it was a good thing gay marriage is legal otherwise he wouldn't have been able to marry me. The list goes on and on.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • Options
    Winnie81_OldWinnie81_Old member
    edited March 2016
    @meilay Ugh I'm sorry she is playing the "forgetful" card with you. I agree that it really causes more frustration and disappointment when there are children involved, because they will pick up on that which could potentially cause self-esteem issues down the line. I'm glad you told her and it really seems like its something that she needed to hear. I think that religion is an intimate thing, whether you believe in something, or the absence of something, and I don't feel comfortable ever pushing my stance on someone else because it's not my place. I wish one day they could accept that everyone is different, and it doesn't mean we are bad people.

@linzrunz I'm so sorry you had to deal with your dirty laundry being aired in your town. That sounds mortifying and completely invasive.

@vintageandrea90 I'm sorry you are feeling left out with your SIL's. Since you mentioned you don't think its intentional, have you tried to tag them in some of those sister posts? Maybe they still haven't emotionally connected that you are now their sister essentially. I have 2 SIL's on my side of the family, and I always try and group text them something funny or a delicious recipe once a week just to stay connected.

@writeress Thank you for your kind words. We definitely limit our communication with them, and will be sure to have boundaries set when she moves here soon. There is a lot of toxicity with his mom and sister, and I honestly think her rage issues(haven't gone into that yet), stem from her heavy drug use during their childhood. *You don't sound awful at all. That sounds like an incredibly challenging situation, and your husband sounds like a sweetheart for trying so hard. I wonder why the 3 other children aren't stepping in and helping and instead letting your husband do it all...that to me sounds selfish. Did she get diagnosed with OCD after her stroke, or has she had this most of her life? I hope when a LO comes along he/she will put things into perspective for him.

TTC #1: March 2011 (slightly before)
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    Several HSG's sprinkled throughout the years to up my chances of a BFP
    Several dilation of cervix because they suspect the scar tissue is hindering it from fully opening (partially adds to the severe cramps all month)
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016
    ER-Retrieved 22 eggs 10 fertilized
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET estimated end of Feb, beginning of March

• Options
    Yeah I'm so glad that this thread got made. 

My in-laws are ridiculous. Both of my SILs have always been passive aggressive, childish and rude to me in various petty little ways that don't even matter anymore. Up until I got married I never had a problem with my MIL, but everything hit the fan when we told her that DH would be taking my name instead of the reverse. DH has always hated his surname and was happy to be rid of it since his dad was the worst human on the planet. However, my MIL didn't see it that way and after the ceremony immediately came up to me right in front of the alter, furious and crying that she felt embarrassed and betrayed that DH was doing this and that didn't tell her before so she could talk him out of it (DH had told her way before). She actually refused to dance the mother son dance with DH.

That's just one small drop in the bucket. SIL#1 told me that she hated that her brother was marrying a gringa and that she hated that I was white. SIL#2 posted on FB that it was a good thing gay marriage is legal otherwise he wouldn't have been able to marry me. The list goes on and on.
    That is horrible that you have to experience any of that. How disgusting of them.

6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    Several dilation of cervix because they suspect the scar tissue is hindering it from fully opening (partially adds to the severe cramps all month)
    ER 12/1/2016
    FET 1/10/2017  

• Options
    I get alon reasonably well with my MIL and SFIL, it drives me nuts that they have no concept of time and are always late, leaving DS screaming for them at the door when he thinks they should be here, but they've gotten better at that recently.

my FIL hasn't seen DS since he was 6 months old (that was the first time he ever saw him and he's now 2) DH works for him so I'm constantly hearing about the shit that happens at work with them, he's just a horrible person in general. He has an anger issue and is always taking it out on the people around him.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    Wow that is some messed up s**t @TotororyInLove .  Seriously!  I couldn't describe my reaction any better than the pic Winnie posted.  Yikes.  

@Winnie81 oh man...religious issues are so touchy.  I'm pretty firm on my own beliefs and I find it really hard when people try to change my mind.  You're MIL would be a nightmare!  Sounds like you have done a good job at drawing the line.  Boundaries are so important and our DH's need to step up when it comes the ILs. 

**TW - pregnancies and loss mentioned**

For the most part my two SILs are great.  Except the youngest is always talking about how she got preggers (2X) "accidentally" while on the BCP.  Before I was TTC my reaction was more just like *cough* *cough* "bullshit".  But now it drives me crazy.  Even though she is otherwise a great person.  My other SIL is in a same sex relationship and I love her to death except at Easter they announced they are TTC.  I am totally supportive but the frustrated-TTC-brain was screaming "they better not get KU before we do!  They don't even live together!  They don't even have their own sperm!".  Totally ridiculous on my behalf I know.  

My MIL is a recovering alcoholic.  She lives with a man who has been accused of child-abuse (though not charged/convicted) and is schizophrenic. I know I should give him the benefit of the doubt (the whole innocent until proven guilty thing) but I don't even like seeing my nieces near him so I can't ever see me being comfortable if we are blessed with our own LO.  Like guess who is never babysitting!  MIL drives me crazy on so many levels.  I could write a book.  She's also a serious chain smoker which is gross.  She abandoned her kids when DH was a pre-teen, moved to another part of the country and did not support my FIL at all in raising 3 children.  When my SIL confronted her about it later in life she said "I wouldn't change anything".  Talk about a slap in the face.   She gave both of my SILs the same middle name but what is soooo much worse is that my DH had an older brother who passed away at age 6 mos from SIDS.  When DH was born she wanted to name him the SAME name as his brother.  WTF?  My FIL had to talk her out of it but she still talks about it like she should have just went ahead and named him the same thing.  

Anyway, this was a nice distraction from TTW.  Thanks for starting this @meilay ! 
    #1 EDD 01/10/19; Team Green!
    TTC #1 since 01/16; Unexplained IF; Low AMH; Conceived naturally
    Married 11/12; Dating 05/05
    Me: 36  DH: 37

• Options
    I've posted about mine a bit in the last few weeks but I can recap a bit although some of the dysfuctionality (is that a word?) that you all deal with makes mine not seem so bad.

DH's family has a bit of a strange dynamic. His parents divorced when he was 22 and his brother was 12. His mom left the boys with their dad and moved out and if you asked her she would say she's close with both boys but she isn't. She manages to baby them without actually knowing any part of their day to day lives. She remarried an okay enough guy, and his dad is in a long term companionship with a lovely woman and they live separately but do everything together socially.

Everything with DH's mom's side of the family is super syrupy sweet and it annoys the ever living crap out of me. Nothing is ever real or genuine or casual. His grandparents are worse and I feel guilty even saying anything bad about them because its possible they are genuine but I just can't handle the level of sunshine and rainbows and hugs and well meaning advice and 'we're so glad to finally have a granddaughter!'. The entire family also has the most incredible lack of the social etiquette that dictates that when a person appears to be uncomfortable with a conversation topic, DROP IT. 

I think the thing that bothers my MIL most of all is how close we are to my parents. She lives an hour away from us, but we bought our house a block away (not purposely but it's a small town and there's only so many houses in our price range) from mine. We have tons of fun with them, totally casual and fun friendship, go out to dinner most Friday nights, hang out  Sundays to watch Nascar, etc. It's just a different dynamic. And she hates that. And to make it worse for her, she and her husband and my parents don't particularly jell well but my parents get along great with his dad and lady friend so we all do stuff socially sometimes. Our kids will have a completely different relationship with mine than his. I'm not apologizing for that but the passive aggressiveness I get from her already makes me crazy so I can only imagine how she'll be when we have kids.

Stupid Anecdote #1 (I have a million but this isn't therapy so I'll just give you one example). A few weeks ago we had her and her husband over for dinner for her birthday. We had a nicer than usual visit. After dinner she spent some time in our upstairs bathroom. This bathroom came painted a dark magenta colour. I liked it so I kept it. The only problem with it is because the colour is so dark, if we have hot showers and don't have the door or window open enough, you can see a bit of condensation on the walls. It's not a big deal, I wipe it down regularly and don't give it a lot of thought.

After dinner we visited awhile longer then they went home. Then the next morning (Sunday) DH and I both receive an email at 6:30 freaking AM. It was SIX PARAGRAPHS about our walls, how mold grows quickly, that's bad for my asthma, it could make us sick, it could affect our resale value, etc etc. All under the guise of 'just some motherly advice!'. What the freaking hell? A. It's not a big deal. B. Even if it was, why didn't you just say 'hey FYI, keep an eye on the condensation, you don't want to get mold' when she came out of the bathroom? Why wait 12 hours then write an over-dramatic email at the crack of dawn? Every time we have a nice visit and I decide maybe she's not so bad, something like that happens and eradicates all my nice feelings towards her.

Jeez. Sorry for the novel. It's good to get this stuff out sometimes :).
    Me: 32
    DH: 33
    Married: October 2015
    TTC #1: October 2015
    EDD #1: June/July 2017

• Options
    My Mil/Fil are masters of the guilt trip and making me feel like a horrible person because their quirky personalities drive me crazy.

My in laws don't drink, so I alway feel judged any time we have wine or talk about wine in their presence. Recently FIL sent an email to me and my SILS with a link to the cdc report advising no alcohol ever for women not on birth control, and highlighted that not even moderate drinking was considered safe. (You all remember this rediculous report right?)
    I've never told him that we're ttc, so 1. How presumptuous! 2. I'm a medical professional, I don't need to be lectured on what is safe for my body or not, 3. Thanks for judging my occasional glass of wine which is seriously the only way I've survived 11 months of bfns..... Ugg

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    @Winnie81 we've been married for 5 years....and together for 8 lol. I know it isn't intended to be malicious but it's always a point that I'm the sister in law....MIL and SILs will write stuff on Facebook like "I love my amazing daughters/sister.....and daughter/sister in law." OR even MIL will share those thing that are like "share if you love your daughter" and she tags her own daughters but not me....I don't know. I'm probably reading too much into it. I just know that I never make the distinction of "in law"....maybe because I've never had a close family so I consider them my family. I don't know
    Me: 27 // DH: 30 
    Married 05/21/2011
    TTC Since Feb 2016
    RE: Dec 2016 Dx: PCOS
    5 rounds of Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel + TI 
    BFP!!!! June 2017 // EDD: 04/01/2018
    IT'S A BOY!

• Options
    ** Trigger Warning **
    *MC mentioned*

I usually have a zilllion things to complain about my inlaws, but they have been pretty good lately. But I do have a complaint about my SIL.  

When I was pregnant, we told DH's brother and his wife at about week 7.  Found out a week and a half later that I had a m/c.  And heard NOTHING from them.  Not a text, not a phone call nothing.  Nothing until a week later when DH's husband called him to tell us that she was pregnant.  Turns out she was about a week behind me in pregnancy. 

Not that I'm not happy for them...I am.  But I would have liked a text saying they were sorry to hear the bad news.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    Wow! This makes me feel so blessed with my in laws. They always joke if anything happened to us they would choose me. I'm very close with his mom and his aunt. The 3 of us do alot together. She has taught me so much!! We even built my first raised garden bed together and she taught me how to can it all. Love her! My fIL is a little pushy about having "more grandkids" we dont have any children but my SIL has two... He makes passive aggressive statements lots. I don't comment because its annoying. Overall angreat fil. Can't complain too much
  • Options
    mrsdaddariomrsdaddario member
    edited March 2016
    Oh man. I am SO happy I am not the only one. I have so many stories. But I'll just give a synopsis.

DH's father passed away when DH was 16. Ever since then my MIL has treated DH like he is the man of the house. DH is the second oldest of five. Older brother lives 20 minutes away, but mind as well live in China. He has an autistic brother who lives at home, and MIL doesn't work so she can take care of him. His two youngest siblings, my SIL's are trips of their own. Youngest lives at home with MIL AND with her drug addict boyfriend, the other lives next door with her useless baby daddy. Let me set this up for you. MIL lives in the "big house", we live in a smaller house about half a football field behind hers, SIL and baby daddy live next door to her/in front of us. (His dad didn't like neighbors and bought up all the property around them). So not only are we WAY to close for comfort, we live 1.5 hours away from my family. MIL is the roughest, most passive aggressive person on the PLANET. And a one upper. And of course she knows everything. We have gotten into so many arguments over her. I feel guilty a lot for having such a hard time with her because of DH's father being gone, her son being autistic and worst of all, we don't pay rent/mortgage to her. But that's because DH is her work horse/errand boy/Mr Fix it. Not just for her. But for both SIL's too. 

We told her over the weekend about my PCOS diagnosis because she was going on and on about wanting to have Easter egg hunts again (subtle not subtle hint). Her response, oh SIL has that. They put her on Metformin which (goes on to say completely wrong information about this med). I grabbed my imaginary balls (which I never seem to be able to find) and told her it was actually a diabetes medicine, but no, I was wrong, she was right. 

Like @Winnie81 said sometimes it's like a pissing contest with her. Maybe MIL's don't think anyone is good enough for their son. I get it. But chill bitch. DH got super lucky with me, if I may toot my own horn LOL. 

Edit: In my rage to talk smack I had a lot of spelling errors :/ 
  • Options
    @kiwielopingbride I'm a (wo)man of the people.  B)
  • Options
    This thread is really making me appreciate my ILs way more. I'm speechless. OH doesn't have any siblings and his parents have always kind of grated on me simply because I find them kind of boring to talk to but I had never really stepped back and thought, "I really appreciate how low-key and drama-free they are."

I sometimes worry about my family though. I've been estranged from my father for about 8 years now (he committed credit card and loan fraud in my name) and have tried so hard to make sure my OH never has to meet him. My mom and OH get along okay, but there's not really much of a bond... if not for the fact that I look so much like her, I'd be convinced there's no way my mom and I are related, we're such different people. OH is such a patient polite person though that he's managed to never say anything judgmental.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the support guys. I plan on getting on TB tomorrow and giving some real responses and support to everyone. It's really hard for me to bump from mobile. :-(
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
  • Options
    @Winnie81 we've been married for 5 years....and together for 8 lol. I know it isn't intended to be malicious but it's always a point that I'm the sister in law....MIL and SILs will write stuff on Facebook like "I love my amazing daughters/sister.....and daughter/sister in law." OR even MIL will share those thing that are like "share if you love your daughter" and she tags her own daughters but not me....I don't know. I'm probably reading too much into it. I just know that I never make the distinction of "in law"....maybe because I've never had a close family so I consider them my family. I don't know
    Oh I would be bothered by that too. It doesn't sound like you're reading too much into it and I'm sorry you're feeling left out. I consider all my in laws family and not "in laws" as well (except for my MIL and one of my SIL) so I would be hurt if they were excluding me from certain things. Creepy internet hugs
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    ER 12/1/2016
    FET 1/10/2017  

• Options
    @meilay I have the exact same feelings as you when you said "I'm not interested in having our LO be constantly disappointed by their grandma because she won't keep her word if a mood strikes her." I'm constantly worried if the drama will still be there when I'm KU and having LO's. Sorry your MIL has so many enablers. 

@Winnie81 I feel you on the passive aggressive tension big time. I'm so sorry you have to deal with your SIL flaunting her fertility and making it about religion. Also, who do they think they are inviting people over to your home and updating your contact info in the church system. That's just plain rude. Also about the "WTF did I just read" moments: yeah, I couldn't believe it when those events were happening to me. Most of the time I just froze up, said "WTF" to their faces and stomped out of their house because I didn't want them to see me cry.

@Sugargirl1019 That sucks about the sneaky texts. One thing you could suggest to DH is to completely ignore the rude texts and she might get the hint that he won't respond to negativity. Also I love your siggy.

@linzrunz Wow, she sounds very rude and petty. It sounds like she was being territorial about having him back in the house too.

@vintageandrea90 Ugh I'm sorry you had to deal with the guilt trip about not getting KU. They sound like insensitive people. I swear sometimes people don't even realize they're being jerks.

@writeress Wow that is a tricky situation, and you don't sound awful. Honestly, I would sit down with her and explain that she oversteps her boundaries and that if you two have a date night or if it's 8am on a Saturday, please don't call because you're busy and as adults, you need your own life and space.

@Aphillips95 I'm sorry your FIL is a terrible person with anger issues and that it prevents your LO from seeing him. 

@kiwielopingbride Lol, tell me about it. Also, I feel you about being selective on who babysits. There are plenty of people I know and a lot of my family who are just not suitable for that kind of responsibility due to either drugs, convictions or just plain old creeper vibes. Also, about your MIL, all of that is crazy. All of it. Who does that?

@melissam090 Wow, that is quite weird that she would be so over the top about the condensation on your bathroom walls. Also I think there is a common theme in this thread about possessive and jealous MILs.

@reesaanne16 Ugh I remember that horrible report, acting like all women are just personal incubators and that everyone who got KU would even stay that way. Also how rude of your FIL to send that. How would he know if you were TTC or whether or not you were on BCP or not. 

@tennis11785 Ouch, that is pretty insensitive of them. Sorry you have to deal with that, especially considering your SIL's announcement a week later.

@karliq88 Well, I'm glad at least some of us are fairly drama free lol. I'm so jealous! :smile: 

@mrsdaddario Good for you for sticking up for yourself. I wish I could find my imaginary balls. I always seem to leave them in my other purse. 

@canavera Here's to hoping that your IL's stay drama free and low-key for a long time!
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017