Pregnant after IF

2nd Tri Check-in Week of 3/28

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

Mommies to be:

@kaitielynnrichardson EDD 6/15/16 with 1 little boy!
@Msbender129 EDD 6/15/2016 with 1 bean Team Green!
@HBamama2B EDD 6/17/16 with one boy!
@mechelita44 EDD 7/20/16 with 1bean!
@terramae80 EDD 8/4/16 with 1 boy!

@riveridgional EDD 8/6/16 with 1 bean

@katie121209 EDD 8/19/16 with 1 bean

@Vagarcia16 EDD 8/23/16 with 1 girl!

@emsmama15 EDD 8/29/16 with 2 beans!

@chrissym126 EDD 9/8/16 with 1 bean! Team Green!

Congrats to the mommies who have graduated to the 3rd trimester!

QOTW: What is your favorite childhood memory?

QOTW2: Do I need to update any of your info in the above tag list? 
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: 2nd Tri Check-in Week of 3/28

• Morning ladies!!! I can't believe I'm coming up on 22 weeks! I have my second anatomy scan this Friday and I can't wait to see my little man. I guess it's not really the whole anatomy scan again, but they will be doing a fetal echo. Last time they couldn't get a good look at his heart because he was moving so much and then sort of curled into a ball LOL. 

I am feeling HUGE movements finally. I saw two or three from the outside. I can't wait until my husband and two year old are able to see it. I can't believe that in 4 more months I am going to be a mother of TWO! Never in a million years did I ever think I'd ever be a mother. God, I love science! 

QOTW: My favorite childhood memory.......Man, I don't know. Every time I watch Noah play with something or learn something new it really makes me miss being a kid. I think the one thing I miss the most is staying outside all day, riding bikes with my sister and playing kick ball with friends in the field of the apartments we lived in. We'd play at the playground until the lights came on and we could still hear our mom whistle from three buildings down, telling us to come home. I miss the simple things, I think those are my favorite memories. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• 24 weeks this week! Had another doctor's appointment today. I took my 1 hour glucose test and passed, yay! And got a quickie ultrasound on this little hand held ultrasound machine my doctor had. Got to see our little nugget again :smile: and it's amazing baby heart pumping away! Back in 4 weeks.

DH and I planned our babymoon to California this weekend which was exciting! Driving the Pacific Coast Highway from LA to San Fran, can't wait!

QOTW: Hmm there are so many, it's hard to pick one! I'd have to say any time I spent with my 2 boy cousins (3 and 9 years older than me) were all amazing memories. I am an only child and those boys have always been like brothers to me, maybe even more protective than a big brother could be. We'd go on every family vacation together, play after school all the time, holidays -- we did everything together. To this day we're still inseparable. One of them actually lives 1/2 a mile down the street from us with his wife and daughter. Don't think a week goes by where I don't see him :blush: 

• Loading the player...
  • @mechelita44 Yay for passing the glucose test! I'm a little worried about mine since my anatomy scan showed the baby's abdominal circumference is measuring 1 week, 3 days ahead and he was 13 oz at 19w6d! My doctor didn't mention anything in her report, but of course I was looking into every measurement! The baby has been measuring consistently 1 week ahead, so this may just be one big baby. DH was 22.5 inches at birth and is 6'4". I don't know what's normal length for a baby, but that seems pretty big to me! I now have something new to google! ;)

@TerraMae Wishing you all the best for Friday!!

DH and I just got back from visiting his parents, who live in the mountains in CO. It's just so beautiful up there! My MIL made me sigh a huge breath of relief by saying (unprompted) that I probably wouldn't want her there right after birth since I'll be recovering and wanting quality bonding time with the baby and for DH and the baby. Also, I'd probably want my mom to be the one helping me out in the beginning. So, she asked how many weeks I wanted to be with the baby alone before she could come down and stay with us for a week. I really did luck out on the MIL front! I told her about 2 weeks in case I had to have a c-section.I talked to DH briefly about this a while back since I was worried about not getting that instant bonding with the baby and especially between DH and baby. So, yay, I'm happy I didn't even have to feel conflicted or stressed about that! 

My belly and boobs grew so much this past week! It's crazy!! There's no mistaking me for not be being pregnant anymore! It's definitely exciting.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• @riveridgional I Google everything for better or for worse too! It's so hard not to. If it makes you feel any better, our little bean has been measuring a week ahead pretty consistently too. During one ultrasound, the radiologist actually had the ultrasound tech re-measure to make the baby's size a little smaller. That seemed ridiculous to me but what do I know, I'm not a doctor.  That's really sweet of your MIL to understand that you guys need time alone to bond :) 
  • @TerraMae80- Good luck with your fetal echo on Friday.  I hope they can get the pictures they need of your LO's heart.  :)  

@mechelita44 - So happy for you - passing your glucose test.  And a little jealous.  I'm waiting for my fingers to get calloused so the darn finger pricks don't hurt so much.  :( 

@riveridgional - you DID luck out with an understanding MIL!  My mother-in-law passed away before I met my husband, so I don't have to worry about an overbearing MIL, but I'm actually having the opposite situation.  I'm stressing a bit because my hubby started a new job this year and will only have a week off after the babies come (half of which I'll be in the hospital).  I'll be having a repeat c-section, so I'm HOPING my dad and his "lady friend" are going to come stay with us the second week since I won't be able to drive yet!!  YIKES!!  Thankfully, my hubby's older sister is a total caretaker, so I'm sure she'll be around too! :)

As for me, 18w1d today.  I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going.  I'm almost half done!  I have an appointment with the Pregnancy and Diabetes Clinic today (see the nurse and my endocrinologist).  My blood sugars have been really good - except for my fasting levels.  I did bedtime insulin with my daughter, so I'm expecting that to start at some point.  I see my OB with an ultrasound on Thursday and we have our Level II / anatomy scan next Wednesday.  I'm so excited to see my babies in depth!  I loved the Level II with our daughter.  So much detail!  And of course, I can't wait to find out if we're having one of each or two boys!!  

QOTW: Like @TerraMae80, my childhood consisted of playing outside with neighborhood kids all day long.  It was just so fun.  I also spent a lot of time with my niece (3 years younger) and nephew (5 years younger) growing up.  I was the youngest and only kid at home growing up, so they were like siblings to me and my sister was a second mother.  We were at each others' houses all the time.  I know my kids' childhoods will be different, but I hope they have the happy memories I have.  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • chrissym126chrissym126 member
    edited March 2016
    @mechelita44, congrats! After I bragged to a coworker about the day after Easter candy sales I nabbed at CVS, she asked, "So when is your glucose test?" Way to bring a pregnant lady down! But my Cadbury mini eggs will be long gone 7 weeks from now.

@riveridgional, if your doctor's not worried, I wouldn't worry--although I've noticed that fairly constant worrying appears to be part of the pregnancy package deal. 

My anatomy scan is on 4/7--how will my husband and I avoid finding out the sex? Should I just avert my eyes? I guess the tech will tell us! I am counting the days down. 

My favorite childhood memory is extremely nerdy--it's the first time I was inside a children's library and saw rows and rows of books before me for the taking. I loved my library's book smell, I loved the kid sized chairs, and I loved the elegance of the carved bookshelves. I lived most of my childhood with my nose inside a book, and I haven't changed very much.
  • @chrissym126 They should ask you if you want to know, but if not make sure to tell the tech before he/she starts. We waited to find out until later with our family, so the tech just told us to close our eyes when she was checking for gender and looking at the bladder and other "crotch shot" things. Don't be surprised or disappointed if the tech later uses a pronoun. They try not to but become so used to saying them. It doesn't necessarily mean it's the sex of the baby. It just may be their preferred term. My tech said "her" once during the scan after the crotch shot and I'm having a boy. So, if the tech uses a pronoun, just assume and tell yourself that's what they usually call the baby instead of "it".
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• I'm 19 weeks today!!  Sleep is becoming slightly more uncomfortable.  I started feeling some pain in my hips this week in the middle of the night.  I think I'm going to get one of those wrap around body pillows.  Does anyone else use one of those?  I finally bought some maternity clothes this weekend.  I can still wear my regular clothes, but their becoming super uncomfortable!  I find myself wanting to wear leggings all the time, so I gave in and bought a couple of maternity items.  We have our anatomy scan this Friday, can't wait to see how our little girl is developing!

QOTW:  I think my favorite childhood memories are ones that I have making up games, and playing pretend with my sister.  We used to put our stuffed animals in the cars outside and then take our "babies" in their strollers to the "zoo" haha!  I also loved playing with neighborhood kids, riding bikes, playing baseball in the street.  I can't wait for my baby girl to start making some great memories of her own.  :)

Me: 36, DH: 36

Married and TTC Since 2/2012

Me: Mild PCOS, DH: Low Sperm Count and Motility

IUI #1 w/Clomid + Trigger - BFP 10/15/15, MC (CP) 10/19/15

IUI #2 w/Clomid + Trigger - BFP 12/14/15  EDD 8/23/16

Foster to Adopt Placement! DD#1 Born 7/2016

DD#2 Born 9/2016

Foster to Adopt Placement! DS Born 7/2018

• mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited March 2016
    @chrissym126 We always remind the ultrasound tech and doctor before they do anything.They've been really good about keeping it a secret even though they know. The US tech always told us to look away during the scan where she could see the baby's private parts. They even took stills of the legs and feet so we could see them without having to glimpse at the screen. @riveridgional is right too about sometimes dropping the him/her/he/she. I have no problem calling our baby 'the Baby' or even 'it' but a lot of other peeps seem really uncomfortable calling the baby 'it' which is just funny to me :smile: 

@Vagarcia16 I've been using a Snoogle pillow (https://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Snoogle-Total-Pillow-White/dp/B0000635WI) since week 12 since I am such a back sleeper. I started early so I could get used to it. I'll be honest, I kind of despise it but it does help. I used to end up on my back at night still, then I started using my own pillow for my head and I flipped the Snoogle up-side-down so that the head part goes in between my legs. It sort of locks me in from rolling over -- or at least I wake up every time I roll over so I know not to roll onto my back when flipping from one side to the other. I also sleep with one of those pillows you get on the airplanes under my belly for added support.

• @Vagarcia16 I have the same pillow as @mechelita44and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! 

@chrissym126 Just so you know, I ate 4 waffles with bananas, nutella, chocolate syrup every morning for a while and I snaked on tropical starburst with my first pregnancy and I still passed my glucose test. Yes you should watch what you eat but I think that if you are going to have gestational diabetes it won't matter what you eat, there's no tricking the test. But I will tell you that the morning of my test I did eat eggs with cheese and sausage.  :D

@emsmama15 Oh please post a pic of the babies when you get the US done. I love seeing twins!!! 

@riveridgional I am going to have a repeat C Section and my hubby will only have one week off. I also have a two year old. My mom is taking a week off and so is my sister to help out. I hate saying this, but I would almost rather have my MIL stay with me. She is just so calming and just the sort of take charge sort of Grandma, ya know? My mom and sister are spastic. I can't keep up. I just want a chill environment and I want to try and breastfeed so the last thing I want is my sister and mom drilling me about that and trying to tell me what to do. GAH! I'm getting mad already HAHAHAH So I am so glad that you already know you're going to have that soothing and bonding time with your baby right after birth. It's so important! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• chrissym126chrissym126 member
    edited March 2016
    @TerraMae80, you made me laugh out loud! And you reminded me that I should buy some Nutella. Someone I know got gestational diabetes and it was miserable, so I am concerned. Luckily, it isn't contagious, and my levels have been otherwise fine my whole life. 

I will remind the tech but also assume if they use pronouns it is because they care about the baby and feel weird calling him or her it. TBH I wish there was a gender neutral pronoun, because I am tired of typing out she or he and him or her--call me lazy, but I am also concerned about carpal tunnel, so why the unnecessary typing? Even if we accidentally found out, I think I'd still keep it between my husband and me. I'm assuming TMZ won't try to gain access to my iPhone. Definitely won't add my sonograms to the cloud.

@Vagarcia16, one of my pregnant friends never stops talking about how much she loves her pillow (PharMeDoc Total Body Pregnancy Pillow) and how she doesn't want to give it up when her baby is born (but her husband can't wait). I myself have been trying to get used to side sleeping. it's mostly successful, and adorably, my cat likes to nestle himself against my still very manageable belly when I sleep, so that helps!

• @mechelita44 , @terramae80 , & @chrissym126 Thank you for the pillow suggestions!  Hopefully I'll get a comfortable night's sleep again!

DD#2 Born 9/2016

• @Vagarcia16 - I got this pillow: https://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Belly-Contoured-Pillow-Ivory/dp/B0002E7DIQ?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

I'm trying it out again tonight.  Previously, it's been comfy, but I've gotten so HOT I've had to throw it out in the middle of the night.  But, I'm desperate as my hips have been killing me.  I'll let you know.  I also added an egg crate on top of my memory foam mattress topper.  :)  
  • Thank you @emsmama15 !  I'll look into that pillow as well!

DD#2 Born 9/2016

• OMG I am 22 weeks! I have my Ultrasound today for the fetal echo and while I keep telling myself he's fine he was just rolled up, I am terrified. With my first pregnancy I had ZERO scares or issues. This one I've had spotting and now this. Caught a glance of myself in the elevator doors leaving work last night. OMG. WOOOOO!
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• @TerraMae80 I'm thinking about you today! Please keep us updated!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• @riveridgional I will and thank you so much. I am so glad to have this group.  <3<3<3<3<3
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• @TerraMae80 Thinking about you too! 
  • 20 weeks today, had our ultrasound and it's a girl!! Now we can start thinking nursery theme and names!! I will have to catch up on all these posts! Hope everyone is having a good week!! 
  • @katie121209 congrats on the little girl!!!!!!

Fetal Echo was perfect! Thank God!!! Got some amazing shots too!!! Look at that smile!
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Yay @TerraMae80 and that picture is adorable!!

@Katie121209 Congrats!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• @katie121209 Halfway there and it's a girl!!! Congratulations!!!

@terramae80 Yay!!! So happy things went well today :)
  • @terramae80 - so happy everything went well with your echo! 

@katie121209 - girls are awesome!!  Congratulations! :)