July 2016 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change

Woohoo! Another week has passed!

How far along are you? What size is baby?

Symptoms, Rants, Raves?

Anything baby-related this week?

GTKY: Would you rather: vacation in the mountains or on the beach and why?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? What size is baby?
    23 weeks. Baby is a grapefruit, or a Barbie doll, or a cluster of grapes. (Pretty sure I saw an eggplant somewhere too).

Symptoms, Rants, Raves?
    Had an OB appointment last week and was discouraged when I stepped on the scale. I've already gained 23 pounds (though doc says some of that is water weight since I'm swelling), which is hard because I was overweight to begin with. I've been trying to track my food and eat well, but I'm so damn hungry all the time and just want to eat ALL THE THINGS!
    Baby has become a lot more active, and DH and I have even seen movement from the outside, which was so cool! He seems to like to lay low, and his kicks and punches feel like they're straight to my bladder or cervix. Not cool, kid!
    A rave is that I'm finally looking pregnant and not just fat, so I'm actually loving the new maternity clothes I bought! Rant is that I feel like I am SO far away from the third trimester-I just want to get there already!

Buying a few things. Finished the registry for the shower in May. We've been blessed, because we've gotten a lot of stuff for either free or extremely cheap via online yard sale, like our crib, changing table, travel crib, MamaRoo, etc. We feel so lucky!
    We are headed to Mass. tomorrow for our baby moon, too--can't wait!

I love the beach but DH is more of a mountain man. I wish there was a place we could have both!
    25, cauliflower

Symptoms, Rants, Raves?
    Inner thigh pain struck last night after a workout, that was a new one. Could barely walk for a little while but it subsided.

Not really. I'm sure there are things I should be doing, but...not this week.

Beach bum here. I like sun and water. And tropical drinks (when not pregnant of course). I'm not a mountain/hiker type at all.
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • @elldel I am dreading stepping on the scale tomorrow morning at my dr. appt. I started this pregnancy 20 pounds overweight, so I'm really trying not to go over 25 this time around (I gained 65 with DS)! I hit the 20 pound mark after eating with reckless abandon over Easter weekend, so I've been trying to be super good thus far this week. My doctor has never made me feel bad for however much weight I gain, though, so any guilt I feel will be my own doing.

Also, if you go to Costa Rica, you can have both! Your mountain man can enjoy hiking around the volcanoes, while you enjoy the beach!
  • How far along are you? 26w, bowling pin

Symptoms, Rants, Raves:  Morning sickness came back today, which is total balls. Otherwise I'm feeling pretty good. It's been an achy week but I think mostly from pushing too hard with work being busy and I'm moving in two weeks. 

Anything baby related?  Not till next week. We did buy paint yesterday so my husband will be painting the new place on Saturday, including the nursery.  And I suppose getting in an argument with my mom and grandma on whether or not I'm allowed to buy baby clothes (they insist I am not as I have 18 years to dress him and this is fun for them). 

GTKY:  I like both mountains and beach. I used to live in Vacouver so I had close proximity to both. I would love a loungy vacation in either right now
  • @soberkfell - I want to go to Costa Rica so bad! We almost took our babymoon to Central America but changed it to London due to the Zika outbreak (which I haven't heard about in awhile). 

@elldel - I have gained about 28 lbs so far. My doctor was concerned about it at my last appointment and I was upfront with them today. I said I didn't expect not to gain any more weight this pregnancy as I find that unrealistic, but I've been trying to eat healthy foods and do my best to limit further weight gain. Some people gain a lot with pregnancy, and some gain just a little. Just do your best to eat for baby's needs!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • @sboston06 We considered it for a honeymoon destination also. It's still on the list! I'd like to go there someday. :smile: Also, I'm glad you were upfront with your doctor! I thought that was bogus for them to expect you to gain NO weight between your last appointment and the end of your pregnancy. Your baby alone is going to gain probably 4-8 more pounds!
  • Thanks for the input, @sboston06 and @soberkfell! It's just so frustrating when I am trying to be so careful, and then it just feels like my body is betraying me or something. My doctor is great, though. She knows it's a sensitive topic, so she tries to be firm yet realistic. Because you're right; not gaining any more until the end of 40 weeks is simply not possible. And I'm glad she realizes that!

Also--COSTA RICA. Yes, please!
    26 weeks, bowling pin (that sounds pretty big!) Super excited about LOs eyes starting to open up around this week. I don't know why that excites me, maybe it's just more little human baby-like?

Symptoms, Rants, Raves?
    Still feeling OK energy/ability to move. Which is awesome, not looking forward to hitting whale status, but I know from last time that it is coming....

Appt with the educator person, she's not a nurse but she helps make sure all tests are scheduled and answer questions and things.

Mountains with a lake ;) I'm a slightly hermit do-er that doesn't drink, so sitting in a chair in the sun all day surrounded by people sounds exhausting. I would rather be on the move, plus, I grew up in the mountains on the west coast of California, so mountains are like home to me. Add a lake to hike to and swim/fish in, that's heaven for me
  • sboston06sboston06 member
    edited March 2016
    I wanted to share that I passed my 1-hour glucose challenge test! I felt pretty gross at the end of the test, and I just looked at my results....my blood sugar was 61! Guess my insulin response is pretty strong. I also found out that I'm not anemic, which is great because I was dreading having to take an iron supplement with the constipation I've suffered from!

ETA: normal blood sugar is 70-110 at my hospital, so 61 is cause for concern on the floor where I work!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3