September 2016 Moms

Restless

Anyone else have trouble sleeping because you're entire body is restless?  It's like my body took restless leg to encompass its entire self.   The last two nights I've had trouble sleeping and finding a comfortable spot because my body jumps seems to be continually restless and unyielding towards any position.   Anyone know of a way to get rid of this?  It's extremely annoying and gives me the feeling of my skin crawling. :-(.  All I want is sleep! 

Re: Restless

• Yes. This is me tonight. It happened when I was pregnant with my son. Sadly, my solution last time was to go to the couch and turn on a movie in hopes of distracting myself and/or being exhausted enough to finally sleep. Hoping to avoid that this time, so I'll be curious to see what others have to say. 
  • I have always had issues with restlessness. I find that walking a little during the day to get the energy out helps. I also spend time every night stretching right before bed, it generally makes me fall asleep faster.
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Loading the player...
  • I have been having the same issue. Like pp I've been stretching throughout the day and right before bed to help and walking around our office more during the day. I also just ordered a body Massager too- hoping that will help to relax my muscles, especially my legs.
  • Not my whole body, but every evening I have restless legs and the feeling is so irritating I just want to jump out of my skin.  It happens when I start to get really tired watching TV, so maybe 8-10pm and I haven't to constantly kick my feet to make the feeling stop.  Luckily I pass out pretty quick in bed and it hasn't disturbed my sleep, sorry you're experiencing that - sounds miserable!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Restlessness is common in pregnancy.  I also had it only in my legs near the end but it felt like there were bugs on my and I didn't feel comfortable unless I was rubbing my legs together all the time.  I have since heard of a few different potential causes.  One is low iron, my levels were borderline low last time so that might have been the cause for me, but other people have suggested calcium and magnesium supplements.  I'd talk to your doctor about dosage though and how much you're already getting through your prenatal.
  • Restlessness is common in pregnancy.  I also had it only in my legs near the end but it felt like there were bugs on my and I didn't feel comfortable unless I was rubbing my legs together all the time.  I have since heard of a few different potential causes.  One is low iron, my levels were borderline low last time so that might have been the cause for me, but other people have suggested calcium and magnesium supplements.  I'd talk to your doctor about dosage though and how much you're already getting through your prenatal.
    I was diagnosed as mildly anemic a couple weeks ago and have since been put on an iron pill a day regime.   I'm horrible at remembering to take them as I have to take it opposite of my prenatal. (prenatal in the morning, iron at night).  So could be a cause of both the low iron and simple pregnancy.   That being said the crawling feeling is horrible!
  • Mine is a combination of restlessness and VIVID dreams that is making for some sleepless nights. Ughhh!!
  • I can't stand this restlessness. I only got leg cramps with LO 1# . This time it's whole body restlessness.