August 2016 Moms
Options

17 weeks + stomach bug...help!

Not only am I still recovering from this sinus congestion from Thursday, but now I have this dreadful stomach bug! I've not had anything like this for years, let alone pregnant. I have little to nothing in my stomach now. Puked up dinner and breakfast from Sunday at 4am today. Then went back to bed, up at 630 and threw up the water I had sipped for my dry mouth. I tried sipping on gatorade and ended up puking that up an hour later. If I weren't pregnant, I'd deal with it. I'm hoping I can keep enough down to keep hydrated. I really don't want to be admitted for dehydration. Any experiences?

Re: 17 weeks + stomach bug...help!

• Options
    Had it 2 weeks ago. Midwife said if I can keep sips of gaterade or water down then I should be ok. If I have a fever that won't respond to Tylenol then I needed to be seen. A fever is harmful to baby if it won't respond to meds.  The baby will be fine the stomach flu just sucks for mom. Keep trying little sips of fluids
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Call your OB. They have a whole variety of anti-nausea meds, one might help. My doctor gave me one for two weeks while I was taking high test antibiotics because I couldn't keep the pills down, and was miserable.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it is just the stomach flu it will pass in a day or so. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hope you feel better soon! Just keep sipping Gatorade!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I've so far, knock on wood, haven't had any more episodes. Been sipping gatorade. I'm so achy and want to take a Tylenol but with only liquid in my stomach I'm a little afraid. Now I have to go get DS from preschool and attempt to make any kind of dinner. I slept a while and sweated. Now I feel better so going to try to eat some fruit. 
  • Options
    Stick to a BRAT (bananas,  Rice, Apple sauce, toast)  diet nothing to heavy. Probably take a few days to feel better. In 2 days I lost 7 lbs from the stomach bug I got. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh the stomach bug is the worst, especially with a toddler! I hope it's a short lived one and you feel better soon!

• Options
    skelly70skelly70 member
    edited March 2016
    I feel you! My doctor said rotavirus is making the rounds and it's particularly nasty (I had it right after the flu). Whatever it is, it's so tough to be sick and pregnant while also caring for a toddler.

You might try Pedialyte or Popsicles to help you stay hydrated. 

Hope you feel better soon!

edited for clarity