January 2016 Moms

Monday Bitchfest

let it all out here
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• We had Easter lunch at the extended in-laws this weekend. If I get asked one more time about what I do all day from DHs elderly aunt, I might blow a gasket. It's never asked in a nice way, always judgmental. It doesn't effing matter what I do all day. LO is well taken care of, the house is clean, and there's dinner on the table every night. No, I really don't "need you to show me how to properly take care of a house."
  • This is my last week home with DS. I want to make the most of it but I really just want to cuddle him and cry about it. I don't want to go back to work but I have no choice.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Loading the player...
  • It's my last week too. I hate even thinking about it...I am not ready to leave him all day. Nope. Don't wanna. 
  • I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I've been sick for a week and a half now. Went my to primary doctor and after being there for 2.5 hours, he told me that I just needed to take a combo of mucinex and Sudafed. Well, it clearly hasn't worked since I've had zero improvement. So now I'm stuck. I feel like death, but I don't want to go back to his office...
  • I made the choice to go back to my old (pre-pregnancy) job that I quit when I was 7months pregnant.
    i love working, but I miss my LO so freaking much. 
    I feel like his sleeping problems started when I went back to work... 
    Im wondering if I need to cut my losses and just stay home until I go back to school this summer so he can go back on his sleep schedules or just stay with it.. 

• dobes1020dobes1020 member
    edited March 2016
    Also going back to work next monday. I am just super cranky with everyone and everything. My work is asking if I can stop in the office this week and I want to scream hell no. I would give anything to stay at home with my little guy. 
  • 2 month shots are awful! My poor baby girl!
  • My husband is making it impossible to buy a new car. I would just go buy one without him but not only would he lose his mind, but my credit sucks. I've found dozens of cars online and he turns down every one. Because they're 4wd, not AWD like he would prefer. Well. Its better then my Chrysler with a transmission that is slipping with FWD. And you aren't the one driving it an hour to work everyday. 
  • Also, the hunt would be far more efficient if he would walk away from his video game and actually take me to a dealership
  • I'm also in the back to work next week club. Suck city. 
  • Started the mini pill. Week 1 was fine. Week 2 is an emotional mind fuck. 

Good times. 
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • AchaeAchae member
    Two month shots here as well. LO has been crying as soon as I set him down or take him off the boob. This mama is exhausted and I won't get any relief until Friday. Maybe. Ugh. 
  • mrsncmrsnc member
    I go back to work tomorrow. I'm super cranky about it, I would love to be a stay at home mom. I've been trying to enjoy my last day with DD but I'm kind of bitter about having SD around (spring break). I love SD to death but it stinks having to keep her busy on the last day I get to be home with my LO. 
  • I hates Mondays. I don't remember the last Monday that my daughter didn't drive me to tears. I'm terrible at sleeping. So, when DD woke up at 4 this morning, I got up with her and haven't been back to sleep. She then got back up at 6am and didn't go back to sleep for another 9 hours (she finally took at 30 minute nap.) I spent the morning getting teary because I got back to work in 2 weeks. I spent the afternoon excited to go back to work for a break. I'm feeling a bit bipolar, but maybe I'm just tired. 
  • What is the deal with DH's or SO's often getting away from helping with the babies and the mom feeling like she's taking on much more of the load? I know not all of them are like this and mine isn't all the time (maybe half the time). I'm probably being unfair, but this is a bitch fest thread and I'm freaking tired of it!

Seems to be a common thing. The mother  feels responsible for the care of LO so she steps up...no matter how tired she is, sick, or how many hours she's worked. Because it's NOT an option for us. My DH apparently does not feel the same obligation. Don't get me wrong, he does help, but he also has no problem having his fun time, or constantly complaining how tired he is (even though he has not gotten up once in the middle of the night since LO was born). He also hit me with how he wants to go fishing more, work in the yard whenever he's home from work, and take weekend trips. Ummm okay then. That's all well and good but I feel like I'm drowning sometimes. How about when the baby is just a little bigger?

I was literally up with her every hour last night because she's not feeling that well and said the only thing I wanted was a short nap today. So he said ok then he proceeded to mess around with grass seed in the yard and talking to buddies that came over all day because he has the day off. It's now after 5 and no nap for me. I'm not surprised. 

So my complaint all boils down to: it seems as if some men view baby as not as much as an obligation as the woman does. So I pick up the slack, always. 

Ok ok rant over. Sorry that was long!
  • @leap_frog I got Mirena put in a month ago and am now on the period that never ends. Seriously, 3 weeks straight. 

@SBH041815 exactly...
  • @SBH041815 my husband is also constantly complaining about how tired he is, despite not getting up for a motn feeding for the past 7 weeks.  He also told me he was willing to help out with as many chores as he could as long as he still gets some "me time" every night.  Ummm, when's my me time?
  • @nackie exactly, what is me time? I'd just like to know what it felt like to sleep more than 3 hours in a row every night. I don't think they fully understand what we really go through. 
  • Yes that! When I mentioned to my husband that I was trying to find an hour or two a week to get a little time alone (that isn't just when I shower) he said "well you are going back to work so you'll have that time". Seriously!? He's been at work for the past 6 weeks AND he still insists he needs his "me time" every night because he says work doesn't count. So why would it count for me? 
  • l4rkl4rk member
    emcarl24 said:
    Yes that! When I mentioned to my husband that I was trying to find an hour or two a week to get a little time alone (that isn't just when I shower) he said "well you are going back to work so you'll have that time". Seriously!? He's been at work for the past 6 weeks AND he still insists he needs his "me time" every night because he says work doesn't count. So why would it count for me? 
    Because you're a woman, obviously.